Princess of Wales, Current Events 1: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Both of these articles are great- well worth reading.

I think Catherine has shown over the years that she is happy to take a project and work on it, build up slowly, while ensuring it is not a flash in the pan either.

MEMBERS OF THE ROYAL FAMILY TO ATTEND ‘TOGETHER AT CHRISTMAS’ CAROL SERVICE AT WESTMINSTER ABBEY

06/12/2022

Their Royal Highnesses The Prince and Princess of Wales will be joined by Their Majesties The King and The Queen Consort, and other Members of the Royal Family, for the Together At Christmas carol service at Westminster Abbey next Thursday 15th December.

Spearheaded by The Princess of Wales, and supported by The Royal Foundation, the service will recognise the selfless efforts of individuals, families and communities across the UK. This year’s carol service is dedicated to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the values Her Majesty demonstrated throughout her life, including duty, empathy, faith, service, kindness, compassion and support for others. All of which are shared and personified by the inspirational guests who have been invited to the Abbey.

The event will be broadcast as part of Royal Carols: Together At Christmas, a special programme narrated by Catherine Zeta Jones, airing on ITV1 on Christmas Eve. Combining traditional and modern elements, the service will see the world-renowned Westminster Abbey choir perform some of the nation’s most beloved carols. These will sit alongside musical performances by guests including Craig David, Alexis Ffrench and Samantha Barks, and a special duet from Alfie Boe and Melanie C. Poignant readings will be delivered by speakers including The Prince of Wales, Dame Kristin Scott Thomas, Hugh Bonneville and Kadeena Cox.

The broadcast will also feature an introduction from The Princess of Wales, films highlighting individuals who go above and beyond to support others, and tributes to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Guest nominations have been drawn from Lieutenancies across the UK, alongside community networks and charities associated with Members of the Royal Family, including some of the patronages of Her Late Majesty.

Running in tandem with the service at the Abbey, a family of ‘Together at Christmas’ community carol services will be taking place around the UK across December to celebrate local heroes. Hosted by Lord Lieutenants, and supported by The Royal Foundation, these events will be tailored to their local communities. Guests will also receive a special foreword written by The Princess of Wales.

The Westminster Abbey carol service has been developed and delivered in partnership with Westminster Abbey and BBC Studios Events Productions.

THE ROYAL FOUNDATION

The Prince of Wales, President, the Earthshot Prize, this afternoon held a Meeting.

- Court Circular || 13 December 2022

A beautiful new portrait of the Princess of Wales has been released prior to the Christmas Carol Service:

That's a really beautiful Christmas Portrait of the Princess!

Is it today or happened on 14 December as the plaque states?

Edit: according to the Queen's Green Canopy's caption, this was last week.

Was this listed in CC (the royal uk website doesn't list this) or this is considered as private?

Last edited:
I'm going to guess that this was considered to be private if it wasn't listed in the CC. Most likely scheduled when there was a rehearsal for the Carol Service.

The CC for the 14th has no engagements for the Princess of Wales (the Royal website has the same CC as The Times 99.9% of the time ... occasionally there will be a difference e.g. on the day the late Queen died one had Edward doing an engagement but the other didn't and in the US one had the basketball game as an official engagement and the other didn't. They are the only two discrepancies I have encountered this year.

A wild cherry tree was a good choice for the tree planting.

Last edited by a moderator:
The director of the Ukrainian Children's Choir which performed at the Christmas Carol Service is trying to get a copy of the broadcast to the children's fathers who are fighting on the front lines.

https://archive.ph/Cz6QT

[FONT=&quot]They sang their little hearts out for their fathers back in Ukraine on the frontline. A children’s choir of Ukrainian refugees performed at the royal carol service, after being personally invited to do so by the Princess of Wales. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The future queen praised the children for their “courage”, describing the school choir as a “wonderful example of how to find pockets of happiness, meaning and comfort” in the face of a conflict.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The service held at Westminster Abbey last week will be broadcast on Christmas Eve and recordings sent back to Ukraine for absent fathers to watch.[/FONT]

I thought that the carol service was beautiful, and it was lovely to see so many of the Royals and Middletons there together.

The Princess of Wales met Captain Preet Chandi at Landau Forte College Derby.

Preet broke the world record for the furthest unsupported solo Polar expedition last month - the Princess was Patron of the expedition.

Greeting video. Pics to come.
https://twitter.com/lizzi...;t=zZf1DMECJ47bgsciLGwDig

Last edited:
That's what usually happens when I try to flip a pancake. Laughing is really the only appropriate response.

I'm afraid I've bought microwaveable pancakes for Pancake Day - I make too much of a mess with them if I try to cook/flip them!

She should tie her hair back if she's going to cook.

The Princess back to old habits - transforming everything in a children's birthday bash...

Btw I was moonlighting as a breakfast cook once and my personal pancake abilities are regal... as I see now.

Btw of btw: Here in Berlin/Germany, if you want pancakes and your translating program gives out 'Pfannkuchen" - This is totally wrong! They are called 'eggcakes' here - 'Eierkuchen'. Because what they call "Berliner" elsewhere, cake infused with marmalade, these are the 'Pfannkuchen' = 'Pancakes' in Berlin.

If you go in Berlin and ask for a 'Berliner', you might get to hear: "Yeh, but you wont get me"! ?

A cold March day for the Battalion visit today :previous:

Video of the Princess

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom