Prince William's Service in the Royal Air Force

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Big CONGRATULATIONS to William on finishing this course!!! WooHoo!
:clap: :clap:

:bounce::bounce::clap::clap::clap::britflag::britflag2::champagne::champagne::cheers::cheers::fireworks::fireworks:CONGRATULATIONS PRINCE WILLIAM!!!!

Congrats!
pageviews=0

Oh, I see. I looked through the comments section but didn't see it. Perhaps it was removed.

I just checked and it is still there.

NOW WILL YOU MARRY ME?!!!!!!
- Kate M, Wales, UK, 17/9/2010 21:26

I just checked and it is still there.

NOW WILL YOU MARRY ME?!!!!!!
- Kate M, Wales, UK, 17/9/2010 21:26

Either this is an imposter or Ms Middleton has a running joke will Prince William.:whistling:

Congratulation Prince William on filling your dream. I hope God protects you in the air.

Congratulations to William. He is getting on with life despite all the attention surrounding him. Well done

Congrats Prince William, you may have gotten off to a bumpy start but glad to see you have fully completed your course and can now do what you've always wanted to do and that is help others!

Small tidbit from AP

But it will be a number of weeks before the royal embarks on his first 24-hour shift as he will have to undergo "acceptance" - learning the terrain and landing sites crews are regularly called out to by flying to the places during day and night exercises.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5i5LrXXhWUTjMsptVUMt9rXpFTpxA?index=0
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5i5LrXXhWUTjMsptVUMt9rXpFTpxA?index=0

Last edited:
Apparently, it has something to do with his eyesight. To join the Air Force or RAF originally, the candidate needed eyesight w/o correction which PW didn't have. But, to transfer from within another branch of the military, they accepted eyesight w/correction. Weird loop hole which PW took advantage of.

Ya I think that's correct I remember reading something like that back in the day^

Anyways he's always said he wanted to help others. He originally did want to go serve at the front lines but when he realized he couldn't get his way he probably figured this could be another way to serve his people in whatever way he could for the time being. I mean he even said last year that considering he would be head of the forces one day all this was a good way for him to get prepared and to be able to have a bit of credibility to his title (or something along those lines)

Last edited:
I think that this search and rescue job is perfect for Prince William. He gets to work in the "real world" for awhile and have a semi-private life while making occasional public appearances. I'm happy for him.:flowers:

Congrats to William. He has finally graduated after putting in all of that hard work. I'm sure it's not an easy course so my hats off to him!!

Excellent News Your Royal Highness. Continue doing your good, and much-needed, work and I trust and hope that your service will be one of distinction too.

Congratulations to William for finishing this course!!!

Prince William Completes RAF Flight Training: Graduates As Fully Operational Search And Rescue Pilot | UK News | Sky News

Prince William has completed his RAF flight training and is set to graduate as a fully operational search and rescue pilot.
I enjoyed watching this video and seeing William actually flying his helicopeter. He must have a lot of courage to do this sort of work. You wouldn't catch me scaling down a rope out of the helicopter.

Congratulations to William for finishing this course!!!

I enjoyed watching this video and seeing William actually flying his helicopeter. He must have a lot of courage to do this sort of work. You wouldn't catch me scaling down a rope out of the helicopter.

William won't be - he will by flying the helicopter while someone else climbs down the rope.

Here where I live this is done by the ambulance service.

It's commendable that William wants to join his comrades on the Falklands mission. I hope they allow him to do his job the way he wants to.

William won't be - he will by flying the helicopter while someone else climbs down the rope. . . . .
It takes considerable skill to hover over a cliff or in mountainous country and keep the helicopter steady so that the crewman on the winch is not swung about into the cliffside. That crewman knows his life is in the hands of the pilot and has to rely on his skill to keep straight and level and not allow the helicopter or the crewman to swung around by updrafts which are a real hazard in their line of work.

Last edited:
It's commendable that William wants to join his comrades on the Falklands mission. I hope they allow him to do his job the way he wants to.

I'm glad he has another dream fulfilled...but, what does the new desire (Falklands service) mean for Kate? I guess she'll wait!:p

Oh I bet he felt so good after completing his first mission! There is a certain feeling of well being knowing that you've contributed to saving a person's life. In the case of a cardiac arrest the time between onset and receiving medical attention is very very crucial and happily it looks like this mission was a success. I'm sure there will be missions that don't go as smoothly as this one seemed to but that's what they're trained for.

Personally I'm heartened to see the path that William is taking on a humanitarian aspect with both his work with SAR and Centrepoint these past few days.

Yes, it's great that he can do something do worthwhile with his Forces training. Working in life-saving is a very high calling.:flowers:

Oh I bet he felt so good after completing his first mission! There is a certain feeling of well being knowing that you've contributed to saving a person's life.

Yes, it's great that he can do something do worthwhile with his Forces training. Working in life-saving is a very high calling.:flowers:

Quite right. We now just have to wait for the usual suspects to moan about the cost of his training and how British taxpayers are not getting their money's worth.

:previous: And I'm sure they will! I think it's fantastic what William is doing. It's wonderful to see all his training pay off and for him to put it to good use. I wish him the best with his new job.

Quite right. We now just have to wait for the usual suspects to moan about the cost of his training and how British taxpayers are not getting their money's worth.

What annoyed me was reading the article online about the mission Wills flew. there was a box saying if ANYONE knows who the person was that was rescued... give us a call. Do they want to talk to the paramedic that treated him? Do they want to cover the how the mission went? Naw.. I bet they want to get in the guy's face that was rescued and ask him how it felt to be rescued by a future King. Bad move I thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom