Prince of Wales, Current Events 1: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
218px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_Prince_of_Wales.svg.png

Arms of The Prince of Wales

Welcome to The Prince of Wales Current Events, Part 1

Commencing September 1st, 2022

A previous thread for patronages can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if William and Catherine are going to pick up the torch from Charles in regards to the environment/climate change since he can't be involved in the politics of it anymore. I know it's a cause that has been very important to him for a long, long time now.

The Prince of Wales held an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, October 13. Among the recipients was Vanessa Redgrave who was made a Dame Commander of the British Empire:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** pa images gallery **

The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, this morning attended a Meeting with the Duchy of Cornwall Rural Committee at 10 Buckingham Gate, London SW1.

His Royal Highness, Patron, Child Bereavement UK, this evening attended the Chairman's Dinner at Oswald's, 25 Albemarle Street, London W1.

- Court Circular || 9 November 2022

Court circular
Kensington Palace
11th November, 2022
The Prince of Wales, President, the Earthshot Prize, this morning received Ms Hannah Jones (Chief Executive).

His Royal Highness, Duke of Cornwall afterwards received Mr Alastair Martin (Secretary of the Duchy of Cornwall).

The Prince of Wales visited the Welsh Parliament, the Senedd, today, November 16:

According to the Mirror he addressed the "Football Affair" too while visiting the Welsh parliament.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/prince-william-addresses-wales-world-28505350

In short: It was questioned by a Welsh personality, the actor Michael Sheen, if it was appropriate for the Prince of Wales to support the English football team, what the Prince has shown by visiting the English team but not the Welsh one at the occasion of their preparations for the World Cup.

Prince William answered to that: "I've supported England since I've been quite small. But I support Welsh rugby and that's my way of doing it. I happily support Wales over England in the rugby so I've got to be able to play carefully with my affiliations."...""I worry otherwise if I suddenly drop England to support Wales then that doesn't look right for the sport either. So I can't do that."

This is very interesting, since it shows, how difficult it is for a Prince to have a favourite team. The descision seems to be already highly political!

And I think, the most of us aggree, that Royals should keep out of day-to-day-politics.

But Football? Football crazy Brits! I am from Germany and I root for Brazil - I am personally hard hit if their ball wizardry gets interrupted by a foul by their opponents.

I thought that was quite a good response. Support one British team for football & another for rugby. I'd be impressed if he learnt Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau off by heart.?

Maybe they should all have allotted national teams to support, including the realms.

Okay, but why not at least send good-luck letters to everyone, or is that still not fair enough?

Scotland and NI are apparently not complaining... yet.

Video from the visit of the Prince of Wales today

The Prince of Wales in undertaking a series of engagements on his first official visit to Cornwall since becoming the Duke of Cornwall in September.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/prince-william-first-visit-cornwall-7858072

Prince William, Duke of Cornwall and Prince of Wales, is making his first official visit to Cornwall today (Thursday, November 24) since taking on his new role. He will meet organisations who are supporting the local community and staff working for the Duchy of Cornwall.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/live-updates-prince-william-cornwall-7858400

Video from today

Last edited by a moderator:
He has a lot of fun with his job but I think I see why Muhler characterizes him as having "country vicar" fantasies.

Queen Elisabeth II had working Royals , her sister Princess Margaret , her cousins Gloucester and Kent.
The Prince of Wales has no working Royal of his generation. Nor Peter and Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie, Louise and Viscount Severn or David and Sarah Amstrong Jones , nor Children of the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester !
How will he manage this ?

Queen Elisabeth II had working Royals , her sister Princess Margaret , her cousins Gloucester and Kent.
The Prince of Wales has no working Royal of his generation. Nor Peter and Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie, Louise and Viscount Severn or David and Sarah Amstrong Jones , nor Children of the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester !
How will he manage this ?

That's true. In the future, when the Prince of Wales is king, that remains to be seen.
If necessary, and the children of the Prince and Princess of Wales, still unable to assume full-time royal duties, may call on Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and Zara Philips to represent the King in some official acts.
I also think that Peter Philips could take on some duties if need be.
In short, I think William can count on the cousins if needed in the future.

That's true. In the future, when the Prince of Wales is king, that remains to be seen.
If necessary, and the children of the Prince and Princess of Wales, still unable to assume full-time royal duties, may call on Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and Zara Philips to represent the King in some official acts.
I also think that Peter Philips could take on some duties if need be.
In short, I think William can count on the cousins if needed in the future.
Peter and Zara aren’t royal and do work for the monarchy, Beatrice and Eugenie aren’t working royals maybe they could be asked but I don’t think they will, Viscount Severn and Princess Louise aren’t working royals and are too young to focus on that, the Armstrong Jones family aren’t royal and don’t royal duties they are private, the children of the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester are private individuals and don’t do royal duties. I think that overtime they might reduce some of their engagements.

I think that overtime they might reduce some of their engagements.

I think that is correct. In time, the monarchy will be reshaped to focus on fewer causes they support, but with greater attention to those causes. To some extent, that process has already started.

I also think TV and the web make it much easier for the monarch and their immediate family to be visible across the lands, without physically travelling as much as was required in the 1950s and 60s.

Court circular
Kensington Palace
15th December, 2022
The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall this morning chaired a Meeting of The Prince’s Council at 10 Buckingham Gate, London SW1.

Prince William is visiting the Together As One charity in Slough this morning. The charity works with young people to create positive social change in the community and teaches people how to resolve conflict.

About Together As One.

Aik Saath – Together as One, in Slough. The project was established in response to gang violence between young people from Asian backgrounds in the 1990s and has evolved to work with all young people, regardless of their faith or background

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom