Royal Blogger

Prince of Wales, Current Events 1: September 2022-

Arms of HRH The Prince of Wales

Welcome to The Prince of Wales
Current Events, Part 1

Commencing September 8, 2022

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Old 10-13-2022, 07:50 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales held an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, October 13. Among the recipients was Vanessa Redgrave who was made a Dame Commander of the British Empire:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** pa images gallery **
Old 11-08-2022, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Today, November 8, the Prince of Wales held an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace:

Old 11-08-2022, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Today, November 8, the Prince of Wales held an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace:

Some pictures:

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...93423943372800
Old 11-10-2022, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, this morning attended a Meeting with the Duchy of Cornwall Rural Committee at 10 Buckingham Gate, London SW1.

His Royal Highness, Patron, Child Bereavement UK, this evening attended the Chairman's Dinner at Oswald's, 25 Albemarle Street, London W1.

- Court Circular || 9 November 2022
Old 11-12-2022, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Court circular
Kensington Palace
11th November, 2022
The Prince of Wales, President, the Earthshot Prize, this morning received Ms Hannah Jones (Chief Executive).

His Royal Highness, Duke of Cornwall afterwards received Mr Alastair Martin (Secretary of the Duchy of Cornwall).
Old 11-16-2022, 07:04 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales visited the Welsh Parliament, the Senedd, today, November 16:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rex gallery **

** gettyimages gallery: CA: The Prince Of Wales Visits The Senedd **

Old 11-16-2022, 11:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Prince of Wales visited the Welsh Parliament, the Senedd, today, November 16:
According to the Mirror he addressed the "Football Affair" too while visiting the Welsh parliament.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...world-28505350

In short: It was questioned by a Welsh personality, the actor Michael Sheen, if it was appropriate for the Prince of Wales to support the English football team, what the Prince has shown by visiting the English team but not the Welsh one at the occasion of their preparations for the World Cup.

Prince William answered to that: "I've supported England since I've been quite small. But I support Welsh rugby and that's my way of doing it. I happily support Wales over England in the rugby so I've got to be able to play carefully with my affiliations."...""I worry otherwise if I suddenly drop England to support Wales then that doesn't look right for the sport either. So I can't do that."

This is very interesting, since it shows, how difficult it is for a Prince to have a favourite team. The descision seems to be already highly political!

And I think, the most of us aggree, that Royals should keep out of day-to-day-politics.

But Football? Football crazy Brits! I am from Germany and I root for Brazil - I am personally hard hit if their ball wizardry gets interrupted by a foul by their opponents.
Old 11-16-2022, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought that was quite a good response. Support one British team for football & another for rugby. I'd be impressed if he learnt Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau off by heart.

Maybe they should all have allotted national teams to support, including the realms.
Old 11-16-2022, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Okay, but why not at least send good-luck letters to everyone, or is that still not fair enough?

Scotland and NI are apparently not complaining... yet.
Old 11-18-2022, 07:32 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales as Honorary Air Commandant of RAF Coningsby paid a visit to RAF Coningsby today, November 18:

** rex gallery **

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Prince of Wales Visits RAF Coningsby **
Old 11-18-2022, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video from the visit of the Prince of Wales today

Old 11-24-2022, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

The Prince of Wales in undertaking a series of engagements on his first official visit to Cornwall since becoming the Duke of Cornwall in September.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/co...rnwall-7858072

Quote:
Prince William, Duke of Cornwall and Prince of Wales, is making his first official visit to Cornwall today (Thursday, November 24) since taking on his new role. He will meet organisations who are supporting the local community and staff working for the Duchy of Cornwall.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/co...rnwall-7858400
Old 11-24-2022, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Here are some more photos of today's visit:

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: Prince William, Duke Of Cornwall Make His first Official Visit To Cornwall **
Old 11-24-2022, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video from today

Old 11-24-2022, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

He has a lot of fun with his job but I think I see why Muhler characterizes him as having "country vicar" fantasies.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:44 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales held an Investiture Ceremony at Windsor Castle today, December 7:

** pa images gallery **
Old 12-07-2022, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Queen Elisabeth II had working Royals , her sister Princess Margaret , her cousins Gloucester and Kent.
The Prince of Wales has no working Royal of his generation. Nor Peter and Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie, Louise and Viscount Severn or David and Sarah Amstrong Jones , nor Children of the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester !
How will he manage this ?
Old 12-07-2022, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Queen Elisabeth II had working Royals , her sister Princess Margaret , her cousins Gloucester and Kent.
The Prince of Wales has no working Royal of his generation. Nor Peter and Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie, Louise and Viscount Severn or David and Sarah Amstrong Jones , nor Children of the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester !
How will he manage this ?
That's true. In the future, when the Prince of Wales is king, that remains to be seen.
If necessary, and the children of the Prince and Princess of Wales, still unable to assume full-time royal duties, may call on Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and Zara Philips to represent the King in some official acts.
I also think that Peter Philips could take on some duties if need be.
In short, I think William can count on the cousins if needed in the future.
Old 12-08-2022, 08:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
That's true. In the future, when the Prince of Wales is king, that remains to be seen.
If necessary, and the children of the Prince and Princess of Wales, still unable to assume full-time royal duties, may call on Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and Zara Philips to represent the King in some official acts.
I also think that Peter Philips could take on some duties if need be.
In short, I think William can count on the cousins if needed in the future.
Peter and Zara aren’t royal and do work for the monarchy, Beatrice and Eugenie aren’t working royals maybe they could be asked but I don’t think they will, Viscount Severn and Princess Louise aren’t working royals and are too young to focus on that, the Armstrong Jones family aren’t royal and don’t royal duties they are private, the children of the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester are private individuals and don’t do royal duties. I think that overtime they might reduce some of their engagements.