Prince George's 1st Birthday: July 22, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a proper thread for Prince George's photos and news?
Ayway: the thankful note from their official site:

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said on the occasion: "We would like to take this opportunity on George's first birthday to thank everyone over the last year, wherever we have met them, both at home and overseas, for their warm and generous good wishes to George and our family."

And accordin to Victoria Murphy o twitter Kate has brought George to Buckingham Palace today:flowers:

I've often heard that babies are God's way of letting us know he wants our world to continue.

The happy little soul that is celebrating his first birthday today is destined to be a King and a world leader one day. Its up to us to make the decisions to ensure that there is a world for him to live happily and peacefully in the future.

I hope little Chubby Cheeks has a glorious day filled with a lot of love and a whole lot of cake. Enough to make a real royal mess! :D

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 46m
So Kate took Prince George to see the Queen at Buckingham Palace earlier. HM is still expected to be guest of honour at a KP tea party later

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 1h
Kate took George to see the Queen today, she drove him to Buckingham Palace

Westminster Abbey @wabbey · 2h
Abbey bells ring out to mark the first birthday of HRH Prince George of Cambridge.

Last edited:
Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 28s
William and Kate's former principal private secretary Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton has just arrived at KP with present, he is George's Godparent

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 8m
A few moments ago, Carole and Michael Middleton arrived at Kensington Palace in separate cars.

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 33m
@SkyNewsRoyal going live from outside Kensington Palace, quite a crowd here now
https://twitter.com/QueenVicMirror/status/491572193579786241

Perhaps the visit to BP was also to see Philip since he has a engagement today and the Queen is expected to attend the KP birthday party.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

British Royals @britishroyals · 33s
Arrivals to Prince George's birthday party at KP so far: Carole, Mike & James Middleton & godparents Emilia JP & Jamie LP

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 2m
Zara and Mike Tindall have arrived at Kensington Palace.

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 36s
Pippa Middleton has arrived at Kensington Palace

And THE QUEEN HAS Arrived!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

it is said that Kate has taken George earlier this afternoon at BP to visit Prince Philip since he can't attend the party due to and engagement.
among the guest there is also Jessica Webb, George's former nanny

I think the coverage of this child is over the top bordering on embarrassing and silly, but you are exactly right. If people don't take an occasional break from the horror, they would go mad.

Happy first birthday, little George!

Last edited by a moderator:
It certainly is a Georgeous day out there today! That word is really growing on me for some reason. :)

Royal honour: B.C. mayor proclaims July 22 ‘Prince George of Cambridge Day’ | CTV Vancouver News

Prince George, B.C., has issued a special proclamation to honour the young prince that shares the city’s name.
Mayor Shari Green has proclaimed July 22 ‘Prince George of Cambridge Day,’ the same day Prince William and Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, ring in the first birthday of their child.
“The city of Prince George is both proud and honoured to share the same name as Prince George of Cambridge,” the mayor of the northern city wrote.

Little George is adorable! It's hard to believe that he's already a year old. I remember when I first heard his birth announcement - I was on holiday and was trying to get WiFi (and succeeded) especially for it. :D Time flies.

I agree with those who think he looks more like Catherine than William. I used to think he looked like Charles as a baby, but now disagree.

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall at his party, could you imagine how cute the interactions between George, Savannah, Isla and Mia would've been?! All we needed was to invite Estelle of Sweden and Eleonore of Belgium to the party as well - talk about a cuteness overload. :wub:

Last edited:
How charming that Grandmother Carole previously held a Peter Rabbit-themed party.
George is one fortunate Royal Prince!!!

A year flies by, doesn't it? That picture of little Master Wiggle Worm reaching for the Butterfly on his Dad's hand? I melted when I saw that last night. These 1st Birthday photos have set the bar for future Royal 1st Birthday photos period IMHO. The naturalness of them and the fact we see a little one who is w/out a doubt curious about the World around and very determined not to miss anything that could be seen and explored? I will take these 10,000 times over the usual posed pictures we get on occasions like this. Well done Will and Kate!!

And Thank God we have something joyful and happy to talk about for a bit of a break from the horrific news from Ukraine and the Middle East. Just as The Commonwealth Games will help to do starting tomorrow. Anyone who would come in and even think of telling us off for doing that, not only has one Hell of a lot of nerve, but is someone who has a very real problem. I can't even imagine what kind of a person would even think it's okay to do such a thing....Just do not get it.

Okay...Enough time wasted on that person.

I really hope that Prince George had an amazing Birthday Party filled w/lots of love and lots of Cake!! :D

And I wish all the best for Prince George. May God bless him and His Royal Highness will grow up in a much better world than the one we have today.

Amen!!

...Thank God we have something joyful and happy to talk about for a bit of a break from the horrific news from Ukraine and the Middle East...
...I really hope that Prince George had an amazing Birthday Party filled w/lots of love and lots of Cake!! :D
I could not have said it better myself. I love the intently George was exploring that butterfly :D You can tell he's very observant, and interested in what is around him. I hope in the future we see more pictures like this from the Cambridges. These three have so much love between them, and you can see it from the photographs.

In all honesty, I think it's healthy to step away from the ugliness of the world, and focus on something positive and full of hope, such as a celebration of a child's life, whether it's a royal child, or not. It helps you see that even though there's sorrow and suffering, there's also joy and life. No one should be made to feel guilty for doing that. If all we see is negative, then our lives are going to be pretty dismal ( and this is coming from someone who is almost always a bit on the cynical and 'realistic' side of things).

So, on that lovely note, like you, I hope that George had a lovely party, and was allowed to have an extra piece of cake :D. Right now, he's just a child, and his birthday should not be put on hold just because some megalomaniac from another country decided to display his psychotic tendencies to the world.

A year flies by, doesn't it? That picture of little Master Wiggle Worm reaching for the Butterfly on his Dad's hand? I melted when I saw that last night. These 1st Birthday photos have set the bar for future Royal 1st Birthday photos period IMHO. The naturalness of them and the fact we see a little one who is w/out a doubt curious about the World around and very determined not to miss anything that could be seen and explored? I will take these 10,000 times over the usual posed pictures we get on occasions like this. Well done Will and Kate!!

It does indeed. Before we know it, little George will be starting school.
I really liked that photo of George and the butterfly too, how he seemed to be concentrating on it so much was adorable. I love how babies get pleased at the littlest of things, it's so sweet. But my favourite photo has to be the one of George with his arms outstretched, probably trying to grab the butterflies. It reminds me of when he tried to grab the bilby during the Australia/New Zealand tour.

I could not have said it better myself. I love the intently George was exploring that butterfly :D ...
Ditto! I loved that particular picture. The love just pours out of those 3.

He looks like a Middleton with daddy's nostrils. I love the chubby cheeks. Make you want to pinch them. He has a certain willfulness about him, oh, my, already, at such a young age!

:royalstandard:

The three official 1st birthday photos of Prince George were released for wide media distribution
and can now be found in the 1st post of this thread.

¤

This is a little guy that for sure doesn't have any qualms about exploring his world and trying to grab whole chucks of it at one time with his chubby little fists. Oh to have that sense of adventure and wonder again!

He certainly is going to be a joy to his family. I think that's the best part of having children is that it gives us adults a chance to hold hands as we cross the street, have cookies and milk and delve into the wonderful and imaginary worlds of childhood fantasies.

Or have children around us. I don't have children, but I love hanging out with kids. Lets me be a child at heart. Children are so innocent, so free from adult concerns.
To watch Sesame Street and talk about Big Bird and other carefree things is so refreshing. Plus they say the coolest stuff- I learn so much from them.

A couple of the articles show Prince and Princess Michael pulling into KP and claim they attended the party - I wonder whether they did or if they just happened to be arriving home when the other guests where arriving for the party. Prince George looks to me to be slimming down now that he's completely mobile - I bet he's one who went from crawl to run w/ no walk phase in between.

A couple of the articles show Prince and Princess Michael pulling into KP and claim they attended the party - I wonder whether they did or if they just happened to be arriving home when the other guests where arriving for the party. Prince George looks to me to be slimming down now that he's completely mobile - I bet he's one who went from crawl to run w/ no walk phase in between.

I would be really surprised if the Cambridges did not invite the Kents over for the party. They are extended family after all.

Yeps.. that'd be our George. "I'm up.. I'm going... I'm GONE! There's too much to do and so little time". :D

I kind of think that P/Pr Michael were just coming home. It was basically the same crowd that was at George's christening. There wasn't extended family at that event and if they were going to invite more family to his birthday party, Peter Phillips with his girls & the Linleys are more likely that P/Pr Michael to me. The Gloucesters are right next door to Apt 1a. Princess Alexandria is William's godmother. They would probably be ahead on the theoretical invite list too.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom