Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News 4: Apr 2018-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gangan is what royal great-grandchildren call their great-grandmother going back to Queen Victoria.

P.S.
Granny is what most royal grandchildren call their grandmother going back to Queen Mary if not further. One cute exception being that William calls/called his monarch grandmother Gary.

Last edited:
What is Charles to them then? Phillip?

Charles is "Grandpa Wales", apparently. Philip is "Grandpa" to William and Harry, but I don't know about George and company. "Old Pops" would be funny.

Frankly, I can understand why some posters feel that the posting of the cards might have been a bit intrusive but I think it's a lovely gesture to remember that days like Mother's Day and Father's Day and even Grandparent's Day are tough days for a lot of people for various reasons. I suspect that cards for William remembering Granny Diana started out as a thoughtful gesture on Kate's part when George was small and given the events of the past year, all of the events not just COVID, it was thought to be a good time to share this family tradition. I've no doubt at all that for the Cambridge children, Granny Diana is very, very real given that William himself has shared that he speaks about her often with the children. I don't know, of course, but I suspect that with children that age it might often take the form of "of course I miss her very much but she's always watching over us and she'd be very proud of all of you" much as it is in many of our own families.

As for the cake, as a mother of three and two of those have enjoyed being in the kitchen since they were very, very small, I've no doubt at all that with a bit of adult help and supervision that cake could easily have been created by George and Charlotte. The icing on top may certainly have been a part of that adult help but the majority of it could very much have been done by them, along with letting Louis stir or lick the spoon or help put on the decorations. This is particularly true when both Kate and William have spoken often about being in the kitchen cooking with the children.

The Cambridge kids are adorable - the cards they wrote to Granny Diana on Mother's Day were very sweet. It is lovely to see that William has ensured his Mother's memory is being carried on with his children.

It is important for the Cambridge kids to know that they have Granny Carole and Granny Diana

I can see the children attending the unveiling of the statue of Diana at Kensington Palace in July

The Cambridge kids are adorable - the cards they wrote to Granny Diana on Mother's Day were very sweet. It is lovely to see that William has ensured his Mother's memory is being carried on with his children.

It is important for the Cambridge kids to know that they have Granny Carole and Granny Diana

I can see the children attending the unveiling of the statue of Diana at Kensington Palace in July

The children would also bring the tension for the family members at the event down a notch and give the press something to focus on other than the state of the relationship between William and Harry.

Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis have reportedly started to learn horse-riding and excited for rides at Windsor and Balmoral with The Queen (if lockdown restrictions ease). The Cambridge children are apparently "trotting about on their first ponies". Here is some sections of The Sunday Times article.

The Queen’s passion for horses has spanned more than 90 years — and she will soon have some new riding companions. Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis are trotting about on their first ponies.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s children have become avid riders in recent months, practising their skills at their home in Norfolk, where they have spent much of the lockdown. The Queen, 94, who has continued riding her fell ponies during lockdown, is understood to be taking a close interest in her great-grandchildren’s progress in the saddle.

When the lockdown eases, George, 7, Charlotte, 5, and Louis, 2, are expected to join “Gan Gan”, as they call her, for rides at Windsor and Balmoral in the summer.

The Cambridge children are understood to have been keen on having their own ponies for some time. Charlotte’s enthusiasm was evident on her first day at Thomas’s school, Battersea, in southwest London, in 2019, when she sported a unicorn charm on her school bag. George is previously reported to have taken riding lessons on a Shetland pony belonging to Prince William’s cousin, Zara Tindall.

William, 38, and Kate, 39, are keen for their children to learn to ride, with the proviso that they should take a “hands-on” approach, helping with the grooming and mucking-out.

The ponies are thought to have eased the children’s sadness over the death of Lupo, their cocker spaniel. “He has been at the heart of our family for the past nine years and we will miss him so much,” William and Kate wrote in an Instagram post after Lupo died in November.

William, an accomplished horseman who regularly fox-hunted before the ban came into force in 2005, and still plays polo for charity events, is said to be “thrilled” his children are enjoying a hobby that he and the Duke of Sussex shared as children. The Prince of Wales and the late Diana, Princess of Wales took William and Harry riding at Highgrove, Charles’s Gloucestershire home.

George, Louis and Charlotte trot in Queen’s four footsteps
Kate and William’s children are joining an illustrious pony club
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...c?shareToken=8a220c36e7f23b40a7bb5990a108eb93

I managed to keep a copy of the full article without subscription nor free trial. Please PM me if you are interested

we know that the Cambridges took and probably still take advise from psychologists about the upbringing of their children, which I think is a very mature sort of thing!
And beside all the things already mentioned here, do not forget the kids will one day have to deal with not only the positive aspects about Diana but the negative, too. especially what the press was writing, the desastrous interviews....
it is surely a good thing that by then the three have built a stable relationship to her in their minds&hearts to be able to cope with all this upcoming and maybe overwhelming stuff. Charles is still there, but to deal with the "heritage " of a dead person can be a big deal for a child and as soon as they have access to google there is no limits.
so I think itnis not only a emotional thing for W&K, but very wise, too, to deal with the character Diana. No one knows when Charles will be King and how old the Cambridge children are then and surely the whole thing and Camilla's position will again be discussed in the media....
I appreciate very much how those two seem to have and follow a masterplan to bring up their children!

Last edited:
A store owner on the Kings Road shares this on her twitter:
Alexa
@lexif1980
Replying to
@randomwalker23 and @RoyalCrown___

I wasn’t there but she talked to my team, the kids had a budget that they stuck to and paid for their own things with their own money. Just normal well brought up children and a normal parent trying to do the right thing and that’s just lovely!

4:39 AM · Apr 20, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Seems like George and Charlotte are getting a lesson or two about money early.

What a little man he’s becoming - I can’t believe how he’s grown! What an adorable cherub he is- a darker version of George. Happy Birthday, Louis!!

Louis is adorable! I mean, he's cute and all but this smile is what makes the picture. It lights his entire face and just everything.

Adorable picture of Louis on his bike, especially with his smile! :flowers:

He’s so cute. And gotten so big. What a smile!

Very cute and happy little man. I'm sure he's going to have a fantastic birthday!

Aww..I can't believe that he's three now and starting nursery school. Happy Birthday to Prince Louis. ?

Adorable. He looks very much like his mother at the same age!;)

What impresses me is that Louis is just turning 3 and he's already riding a two wheeler bike (without training wheels yet). Maybe I was seriously uncoordinated but I sure didn't ride one at 3. However, my brother at 2 1/2 just walked up to my bike, jumped on and took off on it.

Sweet little Louis. I can't believe he's already three! He looks more and more like his beautiful mum for every day that goes by.

What impresses me is that Louis is just turning 3 and he's already riding a two wheeler bike (without training wheels yet). Maybe I was seriously uncoordinated but I sure didn't ride one at 3. However, my brother at 2 1/2 just walked up to my bike, jumped on and took off on it.

It's a run bike without pedals. Good for training balance and very popular these days.

Last edited:

It’s not a regular bike, per Victoria Arbiter:

It's a balance bike, Sandra so one without peddles, but they're brilliant for helping kids find their balance so then peddles are a breeze. The little ones in my neighborhood bomb around on them at breakneck speed. ?

Ah now on closer inspection, yes this is a balance bike. You can see a wooden frame version of these bikes in the Netherlands and Germanyj.

We took the pedals off of our kids first bikes and had them learn to balance. When they were ready, we put them back on and they were ready to go. Saved our backs from having to run behind holding the frame.

I'm sure that Prince Louis will be happily joining in on family bike rides very soon. Loved those old photos of William and Harry either on the back of their parents' bikes or on family outings during their free time.

Yes, no pedals, so he will be 'walking' on his bike. But still a great way to get accustomed to the idea of biking/balancing on a bike.

My two oldest nephews rode their bikes (with peddles and no side-wheels) at the age of 2 1/2; but even for Dutch boys that's rather young ? (makes me think that I should ask about their younger brother who is 2 1/2 now; I recently got a video of him racing down a ramp on a scooter)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom