The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-22-2018, 03:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
Were Kate’s parents at the wedding?
Yes. The Middletons, Pippa with her husband and James all were there.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Louis is kid number three - he’s probably already used to looking after himself. They could leave him home with a couple of emergency phone numbers on the fridge and some money to order pizza and he’d do just fine.

Actually I forgot Lupo--the dog has experience now so...

Old 05-22-2018, 09:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

In the past, when they were looking for a housekeeper, the ad I believe included being willing to help with childwork/animals at times. Likely if a day called for Maria to be doing her 8 hours in the day and they still needed some evening child care. Its possible that is who is watching Louis during the wedding.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Louis is kid number three - he’s probably already used to looking after himself. They could leave him home with a couple of emergency phone numbers on the fridge and some money to order pizza and he’d do just fine.

I think, for such a young baby, he'd probably be there at Windsor out the back tucked away ready for his mother to feed him. Perhaps the dogs watch over his crib.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Prince George is taking after his great-grandmother the Queen! The future King, who turns five in July, is learning how to ride and has been having lessons at Windsor. A source exclusively told HELLO! that George has been practising on a Shetland pony that belongs to his father Prince William's cousin, Zara Tindall, who is a talented equestrian herself. They said: "William and Kate were really keen to get George riding – it's something all the royals do and the whole family adore animals. But obviously he's only small so they didn't want to put him on a big horse. They asked Zara if they could use one of her Shetland ponies and he's been learning to ride on one of those."
Read more: Hello Exclusive: Prince George learning to ride on Shetland pony with help from Zara Tindall
Old 05-24-2018, 12:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

I hope we get to see pics of George and Charlotte riding the ponies!

LaRae
Old 05-27-2018, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

New pictures! At the Houghton Horse Trails today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeOs4uAVMAAYKEQ.jpg:large
Old 05-27-2018, 04:55 PM
Majesty

They were there a couple of years ago as well. Seems like a go to family event.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

This is the Tumblr article where i believe the picture has come from, no newspapers have picked it up.

— The Duchess of Cambridge took her two oldest...
Old 05-27-2018, 05:32 PM
Majesty

Charlotte is going to be tall. She looks adorable with her ice cream cone.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree that Charlotte does seem tall for her age. I didn't notice the same with George but Charlotte will definitely be one of the taller children in her class, I should think.
George seems rather distracted by the Dalmatian - he seems to have inherited the royal love for dogs! Love how Charlotte has a little icecream - much needed in today's muggy weather.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-27-2018, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Charlotte is going to be tall. She looks adorable with her ice cream cone.
Charlotte will take after Kate, I think - tall and slim. George so far seems to be more of an average height.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Mom and dad are both tall, so I imagine the kids will be too. Charlotte does look pretty leggy there.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
Mom and dad are both tall, so I imagine the kids will be too.
But George can inherit a short height after his granddad
Old 05-27-2018, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Wow, Charlotte is growing like a weed!
Old 05-27-2018, 06:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

While neither grandfather is 'tall', both are at least average for men. Charles is 5'10, and Michael looks about his height or perhaps an inch taller. That is the average height for Caucasian men.

Boys tend to have growth spurts later then girls. George's height or lack there of right now might not tell much of his height down the line.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Boys can often hit that growth spurt during their teens and really shoot up in height. William wasn't a particularly tall boy and a child. It was later he shot up.

Charlotte looks like she will be a tall girl. Very tall for her age.

LaRae
Old 05-27-2018, 10:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
While neither grandfather is 'tall', both are at least average for men. Charles is 5'10, and Michael looks about his height or perhaps an inch taller. That is the average height for Caucasian men.

Boys tend to have growth spurts later then girls. George's height or lack there of right now might not tell much of his height down the line.

William and Harry get their height from their mom. The Middletons are not especially tall, are they? I think all the Cambridge kids will probably be well taller than average. And yes, boys have a later growth spurt. Girls tend to reach their adult height around puberty.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kate's mother seems tall...and Kate is 5'9 or so? Not sure about Michael..he seems to be around Charle's height. Prince Phillip is tall too.

LaRae
Old 05-27-2018, 11:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
William and Harry get their height from their mom. The Middletons are not especially tall, are they? I think all the Cambridge kids will probably be well taller than average. And yes, boys have a later growth spurt. Girls tend to reach their adult height around puberty.
Kate and Pippa are both 5'9" from what I read. Their mother seems to be a similar height as well. 5'5" is average for women, so they are both above average. Michael looks to be about the same height as Charles, or a tad taller and Charles is 5'10" (again average). James looks about the same height as his father from most photos. So the Middletons range from average (men) to above average (women) in height. Though none of them overly tall.

Diana was the same height as Charles when not in heels, or a tad shorter (seen when leaving hospital with William for instance). But for a woman that made her tall.

Have to see what height genes they end up with. Tall kids now don't mean they will continue to be tall (Charlotte) or wont have a growth spurt (George).