The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2021, 03:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
I mean, after reading this board the past 24 hours, it's not much of a mystery to me why Louis isn't attending events until he is a little older, since his every behavior will be dissected for years to come, and his parents forever judged for them.

I sincerely doubt Louis is off in a dungeon. He's probably having a special "Mommy and Me" day with Kate.

(Also, as any parent with 3+ kids knows: it's a different ballgame when you don't have enough hands. )
Its hardly rocket science. Covid has kept the Cambridges indoors like most of us for nearly a year, and Im sure Kate is delighted to have time with her youngest in private.

Old 06-20-2021, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Its hardly rocket science. Covid has kept the Cambridges indoors like most of us for nearly a year, and Im sure Kate is delighted to have time with her youngest in private.
Who knows? Maybe the two of them got busy and concocted a special treat for Daddy when he got home as a surprise. Moms do that on an individual basis with their kids all the time. Some of the best times I've spent with my little ones on their own are precious memories.

Old 06-20-2021, 03:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Who knows? Maybe the two of them got busy and concocted a special treat for Daddy when he got home as a surprise. Moms do that on an individual basis with their kids all the time. Some of the best times I've spent with my little ones on their own are precious memories.
I meant that was why we dont see as much of Louis as we do of Charl and George. Its simple. They are older.... now that things are loosening up, they're going out more....
Old 06-20-2021, 04:14 PM
Royal Highness

Do we really not see as much of Louis, objectively, as we did of his brother and sister at that age? There haven't been any tours for his parents to take him on, for one thing. Also half his life has been a pandemic with people at home and social distancing.
Old 06-20-2021, 07:47 PM
Majesty

Also, have we seen numerous photos of Prince Louis with his maternal grandparents, Michael and Carole Middleton?
Old 06-20-2021, 09:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Do we really not see as much of Louis, objectively, as we did of his brother and sister at that age? There haven't been any tours for his parents to take him on, for one thing. Also half his life has been a pandemic with people at home and social distancing.
Except for royal tours and missing out on two balcony opportunities due to Covid (which his siblings and parents also missed out on these same years), I'd say we've seen him at least as much. At the top of my head since the start of the pandemic I can think of him joining the rest of the family to the theatre, the David Attenborough videos and the clapping of all of them at the start of the pandemic - and some of his crafts that were shared. Prior to that he joined the family on the Balcony and to Catherine's garden in the Chelsea Flower show when he was only 1. All of this, is next to the photographs that are shared on specific occasions for all three of the children. More recently that included him starting pre-school.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:39 PM
Royal Highness

I have no idea if this is true but whilst looking around for Robert Lacey articles I found this. Apparently the Cambridges told George about his future role around his 7th birthday last year:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...or-claims.html
Old 06-24-2021, 02:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I have no idea if this is true but whilst looking around for Robert Lacey articles I found this. Apparently the Cambridges told George about his future role around his 7th birthday last year:

I always like to know this information. Does anyone know when William found out about his future role?
Old 06-24-2021, 02:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post

Interesting how the address makes it "hell", and not sure if I trust the DF, but if they don't/didn't tell him, he's just going to hear about it at school one day. Or a thousand other scenarios where someone else will tell him.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I always like to know this information. Does anyone know when William found out about his future role?
Apparently in a less than satisfactory way. I think he's talked a little about it before which is why he wanted to make sure he was the one that told George before anyone else did in a gentle way.

Is the DM but comes from Lacey who at least claims to have good Cambridge sources right now.
Old 06-24-2021, 03:14 PM
Royal Highness

Wasn't William also known to "threaten" class- and playmates with what he would do to them or how they couldn't do that to him because he was going to be king?

I'm sure they don't want George doing that, either.
Old 06-24-2021, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands apparently found out aged 10 when her father told her that Queen Beatrix was abdicating in his favour. She's said to have thought about it for a while before asking when it was her turn (to become queen).
King Carl Gustav of Sweden was told by his sister Christina and was so upset that he almost hit her because he had planned to become a construction worker.
Old 06-24-2021, 04:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands apparently found out aged 10 when her father told her that Queen Beatrix was abdicating in his favour. She's said to have thought about it for a while before asking when it was her turn (to become queen).
King Carl Gustav of Sweden was told by his sister Christina and was so upset that he almost hit her because he had planned to become a construction worker.
No, that not how it went at all according to her parents (see some quotes from the interview they did prior to the ascension to the throne).

Amalia was 9 (not 10) when her grandmother abdicated - and I assume she was told before it was announced, so it most likely was shortly after her 9th birthday. And she didn't need time to think about it: upon being told that her father would become the new king she immediately (the king said "Her first question was") asked how many years he would do it. So, she must have known well before that how the system works (makes sense because she is smart enough for that not to be a surprise at the age of 9 or 10). Máxima explained at the time that Amalia understood really well that it will be her turn next.
Old 07-02-2021, 07:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bik View Post
Nice pics.

I've always been bemused that Andrea & Tatiana seemed to have children in similar sequence to William and Kate :
Boy-Girl-Boy.

And practically born the same years!

Would be funny if they all end up dating each other.
Madeleine's children are of the opposite gender, so probably a tiny bit more likely for dating (although the advantage of the Casiraghi kids as that they also live in London; still they don't seem to move in the same circles although (people in) their circles might occasionally overlap).

George (July 2013) - Leonore (February 2014)
Charlotte (May 2015) - Nicolas (June 2015)
Louis (April 2018) - Adrienne (March 2018)

Versus:
George (July 2013) - Sasha (March 2013)
Charlotte (May 2015) - India (April 2015)
Louis (April 2018) - Maximilian (April 2018)

But with the exception of Sasha/George/Leonore they are all very close in age indeed.
Old 07-05-2021, 05:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Madeleine's children are of the opposite gender, so probably a tiny bit more likely for dating (although the advantage of the Casiraghi kids as that they also live in London; still they don't seem to move in the same circles although (people in) their circles might occasionally overlap).

George (July 2013) - Leonore (February 2014)
Charlotte (May 2015) - Nicolas (June 2015)
Louis (April 2018) - Adrienne (March 2018)

Versus:
George (July 2013) - Sasha (March 2013)
Charlotte (May 2015) - India (April 2015)
Louis (April 2018) - Maximilian (April 2018)

But with the exception of Sasha/George/Leonore they are all very close in age indeed.
They may be very close in age, but I think it is highly unlikely that George, Charlotte and Louis see very much, or at all for that matter, of the suggested children.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:37 PM
Majesty

8th birthday for George
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E62bUU7X...g&name=900x900
Old 07-21-2021, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
They grow up so fast! Eight years old already. George definitely looks a lot like his dad.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a great picture of George. He looks so grown up.

I read he’s sitting on a Land Rover.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:48 PM
Royal Highness

Eight already!
George looks very much like William here.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:22 PM
Gentry

He's so big!!
His smile is all William but he still looks a lot like Michael Middleton.