Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News 4: Apr 2018-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Prince Louis photos just made the national CBS evening News. :flowers:

For so e reason, Louis seems much bigger than the other 2 babies. Katherine also seemed a little heavier with pregnancy. But i guess after 3 babies, she would be! Cute little family.

Louis was her biggest baby as of yet...but not that much different. George was 8.6 and Charlotte was 8.3 Louis was only 8.7 ..1 ounce larger than George.

LaRae

OH. MY. GOSH. I am dying from cuteness over these photos! Charlotte is kissing Louis so tenderly, it's lovely to see. I bet she loves being a big sister! Nice that she and Louis are both recycling outfits and I agree with those who said that Louis seems to look like Charlotte the most.

I'm sure we'll get a photo of George with his brother soon; as others have pointed out, it was Charlotte's birthday not too long ago so these new photos are most likely a combination of a new photo of Louis and a birthday photo of Charlotte. Otherwise it would feel like Charlotte is being favoured over George to me and the Cambridges don't strike me as the sort of parents who would favourtise their children.

The picture was taken at princess Charlotte's birthday as was explicitly mentioned by Kensington Palace, so yes, a very clear reference to her birthday.

In general, they are probably most worried about the perception that George is favored over his younger siblings.

In general, they are probably most worried about the perception that George is favored over his younger siblings.

The way things are set up right now familial wise, each child has a special spot of his/her own. George as the oldest and heir to the heir to the heir to the throne (which will drop a few heirs as time passes. And *no* I don't mean going bald :D). Charlotte is special in her own way as the only girl in the family and Louis has his special spot as the baby of the family that is looked after and taken care of by everyone older than him.

Charlotte looks very cute in her little outfit! Blue seems to favour her, she wears a lot of blue clothes.
How lucky for the reporter to be able to catch a sighting of them - whenever I've been to the area I've always had my eyes peeled but have never managed to spot the Cambridges. I thought I saw Prince George with William once when Charlotte was a baby, but turns out they were both lookie-likies.

Do we know when Prince Louis is being christened?

Hasn't been announced. Charlotte's was 2 months after her birth (was July 5), George's was three months after his birth (October). Both seemed timed around the queen's time at Balmoral. George's when she gets back (she comes back early-mid October) and starts in August (officially a few days in but he often goes up a few days before). I would suspect late June, early July like his sister for Louis' baptism as well. After all of the trooping and other events in June, and before the royals start on holidays.

I've got the feeling that among Prince Louis' godparents there will be The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, they gotta get started as far as kids are concerned, training seminar and getting in the mood. :whistling::whistling::D:D

Since we have Gabriella and Jacques in Monaco and Josephine and Vincent in Denmark, Wouldn't it be awesome if Harry and Meghan had twins.

Makes sense he will be baptized in July before the Queen goes for her annual summer vacation.

LaRae

Any chance of having a Balmoral christening for Louis?

Any chance of having a Balmoral christening for Louis?

That would be fantastic!

I wish the media would stop contrasting Princess Charlotte and Prince George's attitudes in public: it's always "shy George" vs "show-stealer Charlotte." Not only they are at a different age (clearly as George has become older, he's become more aware of the press, etc.) but it is insensitive and unhelpful to portray them as such especially given that he will be in the spotlight for the rest of his life (much more than her sister). The more they'll do it the more Prince Gorge might withdraw and be wary of the media). If I were KP I would try to nip it in the bud, by speaking to a few journalists, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the gossip media's obsession with everything that a woman wears, looks and does, Charlotte will likely end up in the press a whole lot more than George. Charlotte Casiraghi, with a similar sibling dynamic, can probably relate to this. ;) George will never lead a secluded life, but neither will his siblings.

I'm curious...what is the relationship between the Church of England and the Church of Scotland? I believe the Church of Scotland is Presbyterian and not part of the Anglican Communion.

The Queen Mother (then Duchess of York) wanted Princess Margaret (born 1930) to be baptized by the Archbishop of Canterbury in the private chapel at Glamis Castle (where Margaret was born). But she was overruled because it was believed the Church of Scotland might take offense.

But that was almost 88 years ago. Would the Church of Scotland still be offended if Louis were baptized in a Church of England ceremony in Scotland? I know the Queen and the Royal Family attend Crathie Kirk, a Church of Scotland parish church but can Louis be baptized there if it's Presbyterian not Church of England?

Last edited:
Considering the gossip media's obsession with everything that a woman wears, looks and does, Charlotte will likely end up in the press a whole lot more than George. Charlotte Casiraghi, with a similar sibling dynamic, can probably relate to this. ;) George will never lead a secluded life, but neither will his siblings.

Right, no of course, not. But George will be the one who will inevitably suffer the most from the press intrusion, characterization and analysis of his actions.

I wish the media would stop contrasting Princess Charlotte and Prince George's attitudes in public: it's always "shy George" vs "show-stealer Charlotte." Not only they are at a different age (clearly as George has become older, he's become more aware of the press, etc.) but it is insensitive and unhelpful to portray them as such especially given that he will be in the spotlight for the rest of his life (much more than her sister). The more they'll do it the more Prince Gorge might withdraw and be wary of the media). If I were KP I would try to nip it in the bud, by speaking to a few journalists, etc.

When William and Harry were small I think it was often remarked that William was loud and boisterous while Harry was supposedly quite shy. But their adult personalities turned out to be very different, at least in public, despite what was said in the press.

I think the children will develop their own personalities independent of what is said about them in the media. It also wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if George remained somewhat shy or introverted. Queen Elizabeth is far from the life of the party but will surely go down in history as one of the greatest British monarchs.

As for Charlotte, as a female - possibly the only daughter of the future King William - and one who I think will be quite pretty at that, she’ll be very much in the spotlight for the foreseeable future. It would actually be her I’d be looking to protect the most if I was her parent.

:previous: Yes, Louis would be baptized in the Anglican church, not the Presbyterian church (Church of Scotland).

It is possible, but unlikely, they would baptize him in Scotland. There are Episcopalian churches in Scotland that they could use. Yes Craikie, and the kirk where Zara were married, are Church of Scotland. But another could be used. They could do as they did with others, and not baptize him in an actual church (William and others were baptized in the music room at Buckingham palace) but at Balmoral itself. They could ask the primus of the Episcopalian church to baptize him, or play a part.

But it is more likely he will be baptized like other royal children, in England. Perhaps at St George's since his brother was in London and Charlotte at Sandringham.

:previous: Yes, Louis would be baptized in the Anglican church, not the Presbyterian church (Church of Scotland).

It is possible, but unlikely, they would baptize him in Scotland. There are Episcopalian churches in Scotland that they could use. Yes Craikie, and the kirk where Zara were married, are Church of Scotland. But another could be used. They could do as they did with others, and not baptize him in an actual church (William and others were baptized in the music room at Buckingham palace) but at Balmoral itself. They could ask the primus of the Episcopalian church to baptize him, or play a part.

But it is more likely he will be baptized like other royal children, in England. Perhaps at St George's since his brother was in London and Charlotte at Sandringham.

Thank you! Do you know if there is a private chapel at Balmoral Castle?

As for Charlotte, as a female - possibly the only daughter of the future King William - and one who I think will be quite pretty at that, she’ll be very much in the spotlight for the foreseeable future. It would actually be her I’d be looking to protect the most if I was her parent.
Quite right.

Even if she is not the eldest child and heir, she is a female, and we know what the press does to famous women. She will be in the press for the rest of her life and will be judge not only for her actions (that will happen with her brothers too) but for her fashion and style which her brothers won't have to worry as much. That's double the worry. And considering the past behavior of the british press, and dare we say world as well, women in the BRF, specially those with important roles, suffered and will continue to suffer the judgement of their actions and appearance, and we know what the press is capable of when it comes to women.

So yes, I agree, William and Catherine need to pay special attention to their little girl and protect her by all means, and I'm sure they know best, considering what happened to Diana and what Catherine had to deal so far.

Last edited:
Where does the Queen attend Church while at Balmoral?(sorry if it's OT!)

When William and Harry were small I think it was often remarked that William was loud and boisterous while Harry was supposedly quite shy. But their adult personalities turned out to be very different, at least in public, despite what was said in the press.

I think the children will develop their own personalities independent of what is said about them in the media. It also wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if George remained somewhat shy or introverted. Queen Elizabeth is far from the life of the party but will surely go down in history as one of the greatest British monarchs.

I agree with all your points! I love shyness in people. I detest siblings' comparison!

I want to protect all three of them from a press that is often vulgar and absolutely ruthless. :bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Crathie Kirk I believe is the main church they attend as it’s on the estate.

Thank you! I just love Balmoral and it would be great if somehow they could have the christening in Scotland but I think it will be very unlikely. Plus, the Middletons will have to attend, too and it might not be practical. I wish the children got to know Balmoral and Scotland a little bit better.

A Balmoral christening would be really nice for little Louis; given the fact that the Cambridges seem to enjoy their holidays there and the BRF have a history of fondness for Scotland. However, a christening in England feels more likely and I can imagine them having an early christening just before the family head off to Balmoral or a later one afterwards. I think it'll be before Eugenie and Jack's wedding definitely.

A Balmoral christening would be really nice for little Louis; given the fact that the Cambridges seem to enjoy their holidays there and the BRF have a history of fondness for Scotland. However, a christening in England feels more likely and I can imagine them having an early christening just before the family head off to Balmoral or a later one afterwards. I think it'll be before Eugenie and Jack's wedding definitely.

I think you're right. A christening in England would be more convenient for the family and godparents who otherwise would have to travel to Scotland.

The likelihood that the baptism couldn't take place at Crathie Church (which the Queen attends when she's at Balmoral) because it's Church of Scotland (Presbyterian), not Church of England, would also be a little awkward.

Quite right.

Even if she is not the eldest child and heir, she is a female, and we know what the press does to famous women. She will be in the press for the rest of her life and will be judge not only for her actions (that will happen with her brothers too) but for her fashion and style which her brothers won't have to worry as much. That's double the worry. And considering the past behavior of the british press, and dare we say world as well, women in the BRF, specially those with important roles, suffered and will continue to suffer the judgement of their actions and appearance, and we know what the press is capable of when it comes to women.

So yes, I agree, William and Catherine need to pay special attention to their little girl and protect her by all means, and I'm sure they know best, considering what happened to Diana and what Catherine had to deal so far.

I think William and Kate have developed a system for dealing with the press and the interest in the kids that works quite well. They know they need to give the press, (and the public), some of what they want, so we see things like George and Charlotte occasionally travelling with their parents, on the balcony each year at Trooping the Colour, George at his first day of school, visiting their new brother, etc. Their parents will also occasionally give little tidbits about how the children are doing, what they like, and so forth. We actually see George and Charlotte quite a bit, in some very sweet and natural settings, but it’s within the boundaries their parents have set. If the press tries to go outside those boundaries William and Kate aren’t afraid to publicly speak out and - I think this is crucial - they don’t play games with the media.

I think it’s a very professional way to handle things and what’s developed is a system where everyone knows what to expect. It also lays the groundwork for an ongoing civil relationship with the press as the children get older. As long as the Cambridge children follow the example of their parents I think they’ll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom