The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-14-2021, 10:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its a wonderful thing for a family to do. While making cards for Granny Diana, I can imagine there were a lot of stories passed on to the kids that brought Diana to life for them.

Old 03-14-2021, 10:41 AM
Courtier

Oh, what a wonderful idea of showing us that, it's really touching. (Also it's another example of how wonderfully the Cambridges children are raised!) The one thing that made me "wait, what" for a second was this sentence from the second tweet: "Each year on Mother’s Day, George, Charlotte and Louis make cards remembering their Granny, Diana, for William." because I'm so not used to seeing just "William" out there and not "Duke of Cambridge"
But it fits very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
On a side note, the Cambridge’s are doing such a wonderful job of breezing past all the media storm this past week. Continuing public engagements, Catherine’s visit to the Sarah Everard vigil and now this wonderful message on Mother’s Day.
I remember reading - and I also have it posted on my Tumblr - this quote about Catherine:
Quote:
Kate is a lighthouse. In good weather, tall, stately and shining a light. In bad weather, tall, stately, shining a light and rock solid.
(Can be found somewhere in the comments under this blog post: https://www.gofugyourself.com/wills-...-today-11-2018)

And I think it can be said about both the Duke and the Duchess this last year. All of the drama with Sussexes, global pandemic, lockdown(s), homeschooling, William and Charles being sick, and they just powered through, adapting to the new normality, being so active and visible, Catherine's "Hold Still" project for the National Portrait Gallery is and will be for a long time my favourite project BRF has done. And they continue with their duty this month too, with grace, kindness and smiles, showing up for people and not for themselves.

Old 03-14-2021, 10:51 AM
Courtier

I think Diana would be pleased that her sons are telling their respective children about her and she is not forgotten. There are also the Spencer relatives to talk about Diana. And her friends like Carolyn Bartholomew and Rosa Monckton.
Old 03-14-2021, 10:57 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
George, Charlotte and Louis have all written and drawn individual cards to their Granny, Diana, Princess of Wales wishing a Happy Mother's Day (Sunday 14th March)
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal
This year Mother’s Day will be different once again.
Many of us will be apart from our loved ones, but looking forward to a time in the not too distant future when we can give our mother a hug again. (1/2)
10:05 PM · Mar 14, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal
Replying to @KensingtonRoyal
But for those experiencing bereavement, today may be particularly challenging.
Each year on Mother’s Day, George, Charlotte and Louis make cards remembering their Granny, Diana, for William.
Whatever your circumstances, we are thinking of you this Mother’s Day [Bouquet] (2/2)
10:05 PM · Mar 14, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...54771436728320

These cards so sweet and beautiful in remembering Diana
I think that this is horrible. When I first read the story in the Daily Mail, I thought it was a joke. It is a terrible invasion of privacy for the children.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:25 AM
Majesty

Celebrating two other special mothers today made by George, Charlotte and Louis.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMZ0j2gF...d=yiygs1s9l51a
Old 03-14-2021, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Scot View Post
I think that this is horrible. When I first read the story in the Daily Mail, I thought it was a joke. It is a terrible invasion of privacy for the children.
It's done on purpose to share. I wouldn't worry about it. If you have to be public. The Cambridges are doing a fab job with their children.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think they're doing a great job too. This is the way you ease a child into being familiar with a role they'll have to play in the future. It establishes a link between the children and the public but under the strict guidance of the parents.

The Cambridges seem to be a very well balanced and happy family.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:03 PM
Royal Highness

That cake looks good. And nice to see a new Middleton family picture.

I agree that the cards are done to be released to be the public to highlight from a personal perspective the people who've lost their mothers and feel the loss especially today.

Also possibly a touch of "she's my mother too" from William to a certain someone.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post

I agree that the cards are done to be released to be the public to highlight from a personal perspective the people who've lost their mothers and feel the loss especially today.

Also possibly a touch of "she's my mother too" from William to a certain someone.
Well yes.also Louis is the image of Kate.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:

The cake, Middleton family pic, and the cards to Granny Diana are lovely. William and Kate are doing a wonderful job raising their children. George, Charlotte, Louis, and William are lucky to have Kate.

And my cynical side fully expects a tweet or IG response sometime in the next few hours - it is, after all, only 9:30am in Montecito.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News Part 4: April 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Its a wonderful thing for a family to do. While making cards for Granny Diana, I can imagine there were a lot of stories passed on to the kids that brought Diana to life for them.

It really is lovely. I’m sure it means a lot to William.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
The cake, Middleton family pic, and the cards to Granny Diana are lovely. William and Kate are doing a wonderful job raising their children. George, Charlotte, Louis, and William are lucky to have Kate.

I agree. Catherine seems to be a very grounded, thoughtful person.

This is all lovely.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:09 PM
Royal Highness

Goodness they have wonderful handwriting for their ages particular Louis!
Old 03-14-2021, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Scot View Post

Lucy Scot-It was originally shared on the Kensington Royal social media, so it was authorized by William and Catherine.

Quote:
It's done on purpose to share. I wouldn't worry about it. If you have to be public. The Cambridges are doing a fab job with their children.
I agree poppy7 and IMO now that nearly all royal houses have their own social media accounts, they can authorize when to share photos, videos or artwork of and from the children in their respective houses. The mass photo-calls are not as frequent as they were in the 70's, 80's and 90's when today's younger monarchs and heirs were growing up, so the parents have more control over the situation than in previous decades.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

There is little Kate and her mum on the second photo?
Old 03-14-2021, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...14480583708679

Another KP tweet with photos of a special cake and a photo of a pregnant Carole Middleton with a toddler Catherine.

I just realized something for the first time when I read Charlotte's note. (BTW rather impressed that she's attempting cursive writing at her age.)

William is known as "Papa" by his children just like Charles and Phillip were "Papa" to their kids.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Goodness they have wonderful handwriting for their ages particular Louis!
I doubt he can write. They obviously had him draw over it. Or more likely guided his hand.

Some schools go all out for cursive from the age of four. With children being thought recursive. I don't agree with it.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...14480583708679

William is known as "Papa" by his children just like Charles and Phillip were "Papa" to their kids.
They all say Papa. All the royals. Don't know who it started with. I think the Queen also called her father Papa. They day Pawpaw. I'd probs say it phonetically.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:54 PM
Nobility

Very sweet. And yes, I doubt Louis can write. Just too young. But it wouldn't do to leave him out.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I doubt he can write. They obviously had him draw over it. Or more likely guided his hand.

Some schools go all out for cursive from the age of four. With children being thought recursive. I don't agree with it.

In my home state of California, I was teaching cursive to my students at the end of second and in third grade. When my kids went to school, they were learning it around the same age, but there was not as great an emphasis as when I was a child and when I was teaching full time.

However I have seen high school seniors who can barely sign their names.