The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-06-2020, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Thank you! I fully agree. This is so wrong on all accounts. Creating entertainment over the self-worth of a 7-year old who already is in a quite sensitive (although also privileged) position as the future king.
Privilege has nothing to do with it he is a child

Old 12-06-2020, 03:51 PM
Courtier

Why would a I hope reasonable smart person, come up with such a tacky show in the first place? George is 7 years old and he wants to do this to a child? why. Using a child spewing profanity and what sexuality? I hope this will not see the light of day. This guy needs serious help, I hope he gets it.

Old 12-06-2020, 05:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have a confession: I thought that Janetti’s spoof Instagram series was funny at first in a rather “this is ridiculous” way... but then it started getting really mean (toward Charlotte, toward Camilla, toward Meghan- especially Meghan- toward Kate) and I didn’t like him poking fun at George’s potential sexuality. I thought he would eventually get tired of it and move on to other things but it appears like he’s trying to milk it for all it’s worth and cash out big time. I, for one, will not be watching.
Old 12-06-2020, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am a major fan of spoofs like 'The Windsors'. They are hilarious I admit

But children should always be off limits. Making a character of a seven year old child is not right. Yes I know there have been story books and such but they are different then this show.

George will not watch it. But there will be other kids who will. He doesn't live in some kind of bubble.
Old 12-06-2020, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I have a confession: I thought that Janetti’s spoof Instagram series was funny at first in a rather “this is ridiculous” way... but then it started getting really mean (toward Charlotte, toward Camilla, toward Meghan- especially Meghan- toward Kate) and I didn’t like him poking fun at George’s potential sexuality. I thought he would eventually get tired of it and move on to other things but it appears like he’s trying to milk it for all it’s worth and cash out big time. I, for one, will not be watching.
He was mean to Charlotte ? He poked fun at George’s sexuality? They’re just BABIES...he’s an ass, and so is HBOMax. Apparently ALL the Royals are fair game - and now that Netflix has said there won’t be warnings, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if - one day - they attack the Cambridge kids.
Old 12-06-2020, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

This show really is a new low and I'm surprised it's been allowed to be aired. I know the children have been featured in spoof shows before but from the ones I've seen, there has been no derogatory reference to them and they've just been featured - or mentioned - in passing.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-06-2020, 07:03 PM
Royal Highness

Yeah. Prince Christian of all people was Animated on the Simpsons and it was surprising and pretty cool. This is not so that.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness

I’ve seen lots of Prince George memes, tweets, Instagram captions, commentary - most have been cute and harmless, some have been wickedly funny. The best ones work with the idea that there’s a comical/ridiculous side to a small child enjoying hereditary, state sanctioned privilege in a modern democracy, which I think is fair game.

But I’ve never seen anything that used George as an actual character, and in a mean spirited way at that. The show runner saying this is being done with affection is insulting to everyone’s intelligence, (raise your hand if you’ve ever been hurt by a vicious comment, only to be told that of course nothing was meant by it, it was just a joke, why aren’t you laughing)?

There’s a line you don’t cross with children, at least in mainstream comedy. This show seems to cross that line.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
I’ve seen lots of Prince George memes, tweets, Instagram captions, commentary - most have been cute and harmless, some have been wickedly funny. The best ones work with the idea that there’s a comical/ridiculous side to a small child enjoying hereditary, state sanctioned privilege in a modern democracy, which I think is fair game.

But I’ve never seen anything that used George as an actual character, and in a mean spirited way at that. The show runner saying this is being done with affection is insulting to everyone’s intelligence, (raise your hand if you’ve ever been hurt by a vicious comment, only to be told that of course nothing was meant by it, it was just a joke, why aren’t you laughing)?

There’s a line you don’t cross with children, at least in mainstream comedy. This show seems to cross that line.
This guy is a horse’s ass...he’s just a bad guy; what kind of person goes out of his way to make fun of a child ? Sick

Quote:
The animated series, which is expected to go out in the UK next year, is the brainchild of writer Gary Janetti who first began making jibes at the Prince on his Instagram account which has almost one million followers.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oilt-brat.html
Old 12-08-2020, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

This guy has been pretty nasty for years. His main targets are Meghan and George. He has tried defending his posts before. Deleted some of the overtly nasty ones about Meghan once he started his HBO deal and attention came to them. I am surprised it took people this long to comment. His jokes via George are pretty awful and the way he tries to turn George into Stewie from Family Guy is ridiculous.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:48 PM
Courtier

I don't know who this guy is, but maybe he should take his own kids if he has any and show them and the viewers, what spoiled brats he is raising, works for me.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:54 PM
Serene Highness

Sounds pretty disgusting to me. Children should be off limits.
Old 12-08-2020, 02:04 PM
Nobility

Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News Part 4: April 2018

The children weren’t off limits in previous shows for mainstream TV. We had the Camilla childminding sketches from the Tracey Ullman show and a British topical satirical sketch show called Newszoids for ITV:

https://youtu.be/8YnHUU3SI4U
Old 12-08-2020, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness

Never heard of newzoids before. The media need to back off.
Old 12-08-2020, 03:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
This guy has been pretty nasty for years. His main targets are Meghan and George. He has tried defending his posts before. Deleted some of the overtly nasty ones about Meghan once he started his HBO deal and attention came to them. I am surprised it took people this long to comment. His jokes via George are pretty awful and the way he tries to turn George into Stewie from Family Guy is ridiculous.
I do love spoofs and satires, but meanness ? No, not even to adults...and to attack a child is twisted. Stewie is a great character, but that’s the point - he’s a character. George is just a little boy - and even if you hate the idea of a monarchy, he needs to be off limits. I wouldn’t be shocked if Charlotte and Louis have targets on their backs also. What’s disturbing is that no one stopped this jerk before it reached this stage - everyone involved with bringing this cartoon to life is responsible and should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 12-11-2020, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Please note that several posts have been moved to the Cambridge's General News thread - https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...7-a-42002.html - since this evening's events and the release of the Christmas Card relate to all five of them.