The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #481  
Old 12-06-2020, 03:49 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Thank you! I fully agree. This is so wrong on all accounts. Creating entertainment over the self-worth of a 7-year old who already is in a quite sensitive (although also privileged) position as the future king.
Privilege has nothing to do with it he is a child
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 12-06-2020, 03:51 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: tacoma, United States
Posts: 590
Why would a I hope reasonable smart person, come up with such a tacky show in the first place? George is 7 years old and he wants to do this to a child? why. Using a child spewing profanity and what sexuality? I hope this will not see the light of day. This guy needs serious help, I hope he gets it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 12-06-2020, 05:22 PM
acdc1's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: somewhere in, United States
Posts: 2,210
I have a confession: I thought that Janetti’s spoof Instagram series was funny at first in a rather “this is ridiculous” way... but then it started getting really mean (toward Charlotte, toward Camilla, toward Meghan- especially Meghan- toward Kate) and I didn’t like him poking fun at George’s potential sexuality. I thought he would eventually get tired of it and move on to other things but it appears like he’s trying to milk it for all it’s worth and cash out big time. I, for one, will not be watching.
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 12-06-2020, 05:41 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,756
I am a major fan of spoofs like 'The Windsors'. They are hilarious I admit

But children should always be off limits. Making a character of a seven year old child is not right. Yes I know there have been story books and such but they are different then this show.

George will not watch it. But there will be other kids who will. He doesn't live in some kind of bubble.
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 12-06-2020, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I have a confession: I thought that Janetti’s spoof Instagram series was funny at first in a rather “this is ridiculous” way... but then it started getting really mean (toward Charlotte, toward Camilla, toward Meghan- especially Meghan- toward Kate) and I didn’t like him poking fun at George’s potential sexuality. I thought he would eventually get tired of it and move on to other things but it appears like he’s trying to milk it for all it’s worth and cash out big time. I, for one, will not be watching.
He was mean to Charlotte ? He poked fun at George’s sexuality? They’re just BABIES...he’s an ass, and so is HBOMax. Apparently ALL the Royals are fair game - and now that Netflix has said there won’t be warnings, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if - one day - they attack the Cambridge kids.
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 12-06-2020, 07:00 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,877
This show really is a new low and I'm surprised it's been allowed to be aired. I know the children have been featured in spoof shows before but from the ones I've seen, there has been no derogatory reference to them and they've just been featured - or mentioned - in passing.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 12-06-2020, 07:03 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 1,539
Yeah. Prince Christian of all people was Animated on the Simpsons and it was surprising and pretty cool. This is not so that.
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 12-08-2020, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,680
I’ve seen lots of Prince George memes, tweets, Instagram captions, commentary - most have been cute and harmless, some have been wickedly funny. The best ones work with the idea that there’s a comical/ridiculous side to a small child enjoying hereditary, state sanctioned privilege in a modern democracy, which I think is fair game.

But I’ve never seen anything that used George as an actual character, and in a mean spirited way at that. The show runner saying this is being done with affection is insulting to everyone’s intelligence, (raise your hand if you’ve ever been hurt by a vicious comment, only to be told that of course nothing was meant by it, it was just a joke, why aren’t you laughing)?

There’s a line you don’t cross with children, at least in mainstream comedy. This show seems to cross that line.
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 12-08-2020, 01:28 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
I’ve seen lots of Prince George memes, tweets, Instagram captions, commentary - most have been cute and harmless, some have been wickedly funny. The best ones work with the idea that there’s a comical/ridiculous side to a small child enjoying hereditary, state sanctioned privilege in a modern democracy, which I think is fair game.

But I’ve never seen anything that used George as an actual character, and in a mean spirited way at that. The show runner saying this is being done with affection is insulting to everyone’s intelligence, (raise your hand if you’ve ever been hurt by a vicious comment, only to be told that of course nothing was meant by it, it was just a joke, why aren’t you laughing)?

There’s a line you don’t cross with children, at least in mainstream comedy. This show seems to cross that line.
This guy is a horse’s ass...he’s just a bad guy; what kind of person goes out of his way to make fun of a child ? Sick

Quote:
The animated series, which is expected to go out in the UK next year, is the brainchild of writer Gary Janetti who first began making jibes at the Prince on his Instagram account which has almost one million followers.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oilt-brat.html
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 12-08-2020, 01:32 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,404
This guy has been pretty nasty for years. His main targets are Meghan and George. He has tried defending his posts before. Deleted some of the overtly nasty ones about Meghan once he started his HBO deal and attention came to them. I am surprised it took people this long to comment. His jokes via George are pretty awful and the way he tries to turn George into Stewie from Family Guy is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #491  
Old 12-08-2020, 01:48 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: tacoma, United States
Posts: 590
I don't know who this guy is, but maybe he should take his own kids if he has any and show them and the viewers, what spoiled brats he is raising, works for me.
Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 12-08-2020, 01:54 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,367
Sounds pretty disgusting to me. Children should be off limits.
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 12-08-2020, 02:04 PM
Dalriada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 366
Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News Part 4: April 2018

The children weren’t off limits in previous shows for mainstream TV. We had the Camilla childminding sketches from the Tracey Ullman show and a British topical satirical sketch show called Newszoids for ITV:

https://youtu.be/8YnHUU3SI4U
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 12-08-2020, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,367
Never heard of newzoids before. The media need to back off.
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old 12-08-2020, 03:12 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
This guy has been pretty nasty for years. His main targets are Meghan and George. He has tried defending his posts before. Deleted some of the overtly nasty ones about Meghan once he started his HBO deal and attention came to them. I am surprised it took people this long to comment. His jokes via George are pretty awful and the way he tries to turn George into Stewie from Family Guy is ridiculous.
I do love spoofs and satires, but meanness ? No, not even to adults...and to attack a child is twisted. Stewie is a great character, but that’s the point - he’s a character. George is just a little boy - and even if you hate the idea of a monarchy, he needs to be off limits. I wouldn’t be shocked if Charlotte and Louis have targets on their backs also. What’s disturbing is that no one stopped this jerk before it reached this stage - everyone involved with bringing this cartoon to life is responsible and should be ashamed of themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #496  
Old 12-11-2020, 05:29 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,793
Please note that several posts have been moved to the Cambridge's General News thread - https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...7-a-42002.html - since this evening's events and the release of the Christmas Card relate to all five of them.
__________________

__________________
JACK
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 3: May 2016-April 2018 JessRulz Current Events Archive 650 04-23-2018 08:43 AM




Popular Tags
abdication american anastasia baby names baptism bridal gown british royal family british royals canada carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing coronavirus countess of snowdon cpr dna dresses dubai duchess of sussex duke of sussex facts fantasy movie gradenigo history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs intro italian royal family japan jewellery king willem-alexander list of rulers mary: crown princess of denmark monarchy mountbatten names nepalese royal jewels northern ireland pless prince charles of luxembourg prince constantijn prince dimitri princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess eugenie queen elizabeth ii queen mathilde queen maxima random facts resusci anne royal court royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royalty of taiwan royal wedding royal wedding gown serbian royal family snowdon sussex swedish queen thailand thai royal family tips uae customs united states united states of america wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×