Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News 4: Apr 2018-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then, let's all jump in the time machine and go back to that moment and give everyone a good telling-off. :rolleyes:

This happened years ago. And the child was three years old. You find me an example of a perfect three year old who never misbehaves.

That's not the point. THe point is that instead of telling her off, at times, when she idd things like stick out her tongue, her parents laughed at it.

Even royal children are children. I give all royal children a pass. It's what they choose to do as an adult that matters. Personally, I think it's good that royal kids get public experience, and that means sometimes they will make mistakes.

I try my best as a mother, but I certainly have had instances where my kids have done something wrong in public. And I have made many mistakes as a mother.

Exactly. And royal children also need to be able to make mistakes. It is one of the things king Willem-Alexander stressed in his 50th birthday interview (mostly regarding to the teenage years of their daughters). While of course, royals prefer those mistakes not to be made in public, they also need to be able to learn from their mistakes. Pretending they are perfect is surely not a healthy approach.

That's not the point. THe point is that instead of telling her off, at times, when she idd things like stick out her tongue, her parents laughed at it.

That's one time; and while it might not have been the best way to defuse the situation, it seemed to have worked as Charlotte was smoothly removed and did not repeat her behavior. Rewatching that video Catherine did tell her off and moved her ahead; she clearly had a 'WHAT did my daughter just do?'-moment; which I guess happens to all parents. The headlines at that time were that 'Catherine was shocked'. I wouldn't be surprised if Catherine followed up on that later on to make sure that Charlotte knew fully well that she was not supposed to do that again (which of course she knew but that's part of being a child and testing your boundaries).

What other events do you recall in which their children clearly misbehaved and were encouraged to continue their behavior? The christening isn't one of them - and now I've looked up the 'stick tongue out' video I am not too concerned about that one either.

Last edited:

So you'd rather have them scold their child in front of a mass of photographers, to be captured on film for all time, potentially embarrassing Charlotte when she got old enough to understand her actions, than just giving it an exasperated laugh and waiting until they got somewhere private to talk to her? Wow.

These children have unusual situation. They are in the public eye and among the most famous children in the world. I think being with Kate's family and being with the maternal grandparents (non royals) is of some help.

Catherine and William won't be perfect parents but whatever they are doing is working.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Their three are happy, respectful and engaged from what I see. They are lovely children.

Prince Louis - Public Events

Is it me or is Prince Louis not as prominent as his brother and sister are?

He doesn't go to events, we have very few photographs of him.

Wonder why?

Wonder why?

Probably because Louis only turned 3 in April. It's possible that he doesn't go to events like we see today with William and his older children because, frankly, he may not even be fully toilet trained yet. ;)

Wonder why?
Coud be because he's a baby, practically....

I mean, after reading this board the past 24 hours, it's not much of a mystery to me why Louis isn't attending events until he is a little older, since his every behavior will be dissected for years to come, and his parents forever judged for them. :whistling:

I sincerely doubt Louis is off in a dungeon. He's probably having a special "Mommy and Me" day with Kate.

(Also, as any parent with 3+ kids knows: it's a different ballgame when you don't have enough hands. :eek:)

I mean, after reading this board the past 24 hours, it's not much of a mystery to me why Louis isn't attending events until he is a little older, since his every behavior will be dissected for years to come, and his parents forever judged for them. :whistling:

I sincerely doubt Louis is off in a dungeon. He's probably having a special "Mommy and Me" day with Kate.

(Also, as any parent with 3+ kids knows: it's a different ballgame when you don't have enough hands. :eek:)

Its hardly rocket science. Covid has kept the Cambridges indoors like most of us for nearly a year, and Im sure Kate is delighted to have time with her youngest in private.

Its hardly rocket science. Covid has kept the Cambridges indoors like most of us for nearly a year, and Im sure Kate is delighted to have time with her youngest in private.

Who knows? Maybe the two of them got busy and concocted a special treat for Daddy when he got home as a surprise. Moms do that on an individual basis with their kids all the time. Some of the best times I've spent with my little ones on their own are precious memories. ?

Who knows? Maybe the two of them got busy and concocted a special treat for Daddy when he got home as a surprise. Moms do that on an individual basis with their kids all the time. Some of the best times I've spent with my little ones on their own are precious memories. ?

I meant that was why we dont see as much of Louis as we do of Charl and George. Its simple. They are older.... now that things are loosening up, they're going out more....

Do we really not see as much of Louis, objectively, as we did of his brother and sister at that age? There haven't been any tours for his parents to take him on, for one thing. Also half his life has been a pandemic with people at home and social distancing.

Also, have we seen numerous photos of Prince Louis with his maternal grandparents, Michael and Carole Middleton?

Do we really not see as much of Louis, objectively, as we did of his brother and sister at that age? There haven't been any tours for his parents to take him on, for one thing. Also half his life has been a pandemic with people at home and social distancing.

Except for royal tours and missing out on two balcony opportunities due to Covid (which his siblings and parents also missed out on these same years), I'd say we've seen him at least as much. At the top of my head since the start of the pandemic I can think of him joining the rest of the family to the theatre, the David Attenborough videos and the clapping of all of them at the start of the pandemic - and some of his crafts that were shared. Prior to that he joined the family on the Balcony and to Catherine's garden in the Chelsea Flower show when he was only 1. All of this, is next to the photographs that are shared on specific occasions for all three of the children. More recently that included him starting pre-school.

Last edited:
I have no idea if this is true but whilst looking around for Robert Lacey articles I found this. Apparently the Cambridges told George about his future role around his 7th birthday last year:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ing-seventh-birthday-royal-author-claims.html

Interesting how the address makes it "hell", and not sure if I trust the DF, but if they don't/didn't tell him, he's just going to hear about it at school one day. Or a thousand other scenarios where someone else will tell him.

I always like to know this information. Does anyone know when William found out about his future role?

Apparently in a less than satisfactory way. I think he's talked a little about it before which is why he wanted to make sure he was the one that told George before anyone else did in a gentle way.

Is the DM but comes from Lacey who at least claims to have good Cambridge sources right now.

Wasn't William also known to "threaten" class- and playmates with what he would do to them or how they couldn't do that to him because he was going to be king?

I'm sure they don't want George doing that, either.

Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands apparently found out aged 10 when her father told her that Queen Beatrix was abdicating in his favour. She's said to have thought about it for a while before asking when it was her turn (to become queen).
King Carl Gustav of Sweden was told by his sister Christina and was so upset that he almost hit her because he had planned to become a construction worker.

Last edited:
Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands apparently found out aged 10 when her father told her that Queen Beatrix was abdicating in his favour. She's said to have thought about it for a while before asking when it was her turn (to become queen).
King Carl Gustav of Sweden was told by his sister Christina and was so upset that he almost hit her because he had planned to become a construction worker.

No, that not how it went at all according to her parents (see some quotes from the interview they did prior to the ascension to the throne).

Amalia was 9 (not 10) when her grandmother abdicated - and I assume she was told before it was announced, so it most likely was shortly after her 9th birthday. And she didn't need time to think about it: upon being told that her father would become the new king she immediately (the king said "Her first question was") asked how many years he would do it. So, she must have known well before that how the system works (makes sense because she is smart enough for that not to be a surprise at the age of 9 or 10). Máxima explained at the time that Amalia understood really well that it will be her turn next.

Last edited:
Nice pics.

I've always been bemused that Andrea & Tatiana seemed to have children in similar sequence to William and Kate :
Boy-Girl-Boy.

And practically born the same years!

Would be funny if they all end up dating each other.:lol:

Madeleine's children are of the opposite gender, so probably a tiny bit more likely for dating (although the advantage of the Casiraghi kids as that they also live in London; still they don't seem to move in the same circles although (people in) their circles might occasionally overlap).

George (July 2013) - Leonore (February 2014)
Charlotte (May 2015) - Nicolas (June 2015)
Louis (April 2018) - Adrienne (March 2018)

Versus:
George (July 2013) - Sasha (March 2013)
Charlotte (May 2015) - India (April 2015)
Louis (April 2018) - Maximilian (April 2018)

But with the exception of Sasha/George/Leonore they are all very close in age indeed.

Madeleine's children are of the opposite gender, so probably a tiny bit more likely for dating (although the advantage of the Casiraghi kids as that they also live in London; still they don't seem to move in the same circles although (people in) their circles might occasionally overlap).

George (July 2013) - Leonore (February 2014)
Charlotte (May 2015) - Nicolas (June 2015)
Louis (April 2018) - Adrienne (March 2018)

Versus:
George (July 2013) - Sasha (March 2013)
Charlotte (May 2015) - India (April 2015)
Louis (April 2018) - Maximilian (April 2018)

But with the exception of Sasha/George/Leonore they are all very close in age indeed.

They may be very close in age, but I think it is highly unlikely that George, Charlotte and Louis see very much, or at all for that matter, of the suggested children.

They grow up so fast! Eight years old already. George definitely looks a lot like his dad.

What a great picture of George. He looks so grown up.

I read he’s sitting on a Land Rover.

He's so big!!
His smile is all William but he still looks a lot like Michael Middleton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom