The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2020, 06:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The video has been posted and is being commented on here: https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-42002-61.html

Old 10-03-2020, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis interview Sir David Attenborough About Wildlife Conservation.

Old 10-03-2020, 07:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Very charming!

LaRae
Old 10-03-2020, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

That's a lovely video, delightful to see !
Old 10-03-2020, 07:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Very sweet and natural children. Kudos to their parents, and also to Nanny Maria.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-03-2020, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halley View Post
I hope someone will be clever enough to put up the little video released by The Royal Family today. It is all three of the children asking a question of Sir David Attenborough. and is, I believe, the first time we have heard them speak. They are lovely - but particularly little Louis, who quite makes my heart melt.
I love these three so much...they are all so adorable, and genuinely sweet. George will always be my favorite, but I don’t think in those terms since I adore them all.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:04 AM
Courtier

The Cambridge kids are so stickin' cute. I can't say that I have a favorite, the each are adorable.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:07 PM
Royal Highness

More of the delightful Cambridge children -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...cumentary.html
Old 10-05-2020, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post

The Cambridge kids make me so happy...........but good lord, those elephant tusks. That was hard to watch.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Criticism from Hollywood producers regarding the upcoming HBO Max's animated series about Prince George. Concern is for how Prince George and his family are portrayed and its possible impact on him as a seven year old child.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...ce-William-ont

Quote:
Hollywood producers have blasted the animated show for mocking the young Prince. The £5 million series sees George curse at staff members and joke about his sexuality. It comes as Netflix has drawn the anger of royal insiders for the family’s portrayal in their hit show The Crown.

Creator Gary Janetti defended his project and stated that he hoped Prince George would have a "sense of humor" about the program. Honestly as a parent and educator, I don't see Prince George finding the show to be funny at his age and stage of development especially when it comes to the language and how he's portrayed treating others. IMHO it goes against everything his family and teachers would have taught him.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Criticism from Hollywood producers regarding the upcoming HBO Max's animated series about Prince George. Concern is for how Prince George and his family are portrayed and its possible impact on him as a seven year old child.

Creator Gary Janetti defended his project and stated that he hoped Prince George would have a "sense of humor" about the program. Honestly as a parent and educator, I don't see Prince George finding the show to be funny at his age and stage of development especially when it comes to the language and how he's portrayed treating others. IMHO it goes against everything his family and teachers would have taught him.
Wow, I’m pleasantly surprised anyone in Hollywood cares... but ultimately, George is just a boy and many of these people have kids and understand.

This is gross. Gary Janetti thinks a 7 year old should find this funny? He’s a baby! I still remember sickos on Twitter making fun of George for liking ballet...I can only imagine what some will say once this airs. The below wouldn’t be funny if it was depicting an adult; it’s offensive as it’s portraying a little boy.

Quote:
The clips depict George, voiced by former Family Guy writer Gary Janetti, saying: “Hey guys, it’s me, Prince George… I know self-isolating is difficult and we’re all sick of being stuck in the same 775 rooms, or, you know, studio apartment, it’s different for everyone.

“Stay positive and be nice to your serving staff. They’re doing the best they can, even though lunch f****** sucked today.”
Old 12-06-2020, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post

Wonderful new photos of the Cambridge children!
Old 12-06-2020, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Thank you! I fully agree. This is so wrong on all accounts. Creating entertainment over the self-worth of a 7-year old who already is in a quite sensitive (although also privileged) position as the future king.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:02 PM
Royal Highness

Who says he is even going to watch it?
Old 12-06-2020, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I hope he won't but that doesn't mean that others might and could confront him with it.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Honestly I doubt that his family would permit him to view it, but in the future I believe that he'd be able to access it via the Internet or someone will show it to him ie: classmate. Likewise I would tend to believe that George's father has likely viewed old clips of his puppet on Spitting Image even though his parents would not have had him watch the episodes from his childhood when they aired.

An online petition is being organized in response to the show.

https://www.change.org/p/buckingham-...are?recruiter=
Old 12-06-2020, 02:26 PM
Royal Highness

All right what I don’t get is how this production can use a minor child’s name and a caricature his likeness using profanity and talking about his sexuality which is extremely creepy without permission of his parents? If there was anything to take legal action against it would be this.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Gary Janetti is absolutely ludicrous to believe that George would have a "sense of humour". He is a 7-year-old child, not an adult. Doesn't he realise that "his project" may be talked about at George's school (if it does spread to his peers)?
Old 12-06-2020, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness

He probably won't watch it but his class mates might.

But that's not really the point, he's currently a 7 year old who has nothing yet but been born. He's highly privileged yes, but there's nothing to suggest that he's anything other than a normal and perhaps somewhat shy kid who still doesn't quite get why he attracts interest and crowds. Once he starts falling out of clubs or doing/saying something stupid, then have at him.

I'm someone who thinks The Windsors and other satirical and parody looks at the family are fair game and often very funny and I think some of the family think so too. But they're based on adults who to a certain extent have control over what they do and say and public perceptions of their lives.

The same goes for all young kids of public figures.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
He won’t, I sure - aside from the fact that it’s about a fake version of him, this is completely inappropriate for children. This idiot Janetti comes from Family Guy - NOT for kids- yet somehow he thinks a 7 year old will “get” satire? I suspect George would be more likely to cry - if he were somehow to see this - in not recognizing himself.

This is loathsome.