Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News 4: Apr 2018-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she's getting more like him, chiefly the hair going from darkish brown to quite fair.. and both of them are showing more resembllance to William as they mature.

I think Charlotte looks like William but with Middleton's colours. I've never seen her eyes blue, they always looked hazel/brown to me. About her hair, I think it appears blond because of the light/sun, but it's brown. The Phillips, the Tindalls and Lady Louise are blond, not Charlotte. I agree with many people of the Forum about the resemblance between Louis and Mr.Middleton, I also think that George looks like him

Charlotte actually is the one that reminds me most of William as a small child. She's got the personality that would turn around and tell the reporters "you're not coming" just as, once upon a time, her father was known to remark deadpan seriously, "I don't like 'tographers".

Charlotte actually is the one that reminds me most of William as a small child. She's got the personality that would turn around and tell the reporters "you're not coming" just as, once upon a time, her father was known to remark deadpan seriously, "I don't like 'tographers".

Just to add, Charlotte was a little over 3 years old at the time the comment was made.

I dont think she's similar in character at all, thoguh she is beggining to look more like William. Will was a shy child, Charlotte is very confident

It was an incredibly rude thing she said that day and I would have chastised my children if they had spoken to anyone like that but William seemed to like it.

It was an incredibly rude thing she said that day and I would have chastised my children if they had spoken to anyone like that but William seemed to like it.

To be fair, watching the short video of the occasion, I think it's more like question (You're not coming?") instead of statement ("You're not coming.") as in she's wondering why they just stood outside (taking photos) and not entered considering they seemed to be there long before her.

Yes Charlotte is cheeky, but the RF dont like photographers so they were probably amused by it...

To be fair, watching the short video of the occasion, I think it's more like question (You're not coming?") instead of statement ("You're not coming.") as in she's wondering why they just stood outside (taking photos) and not entered considering they seemed to be there long before her.

I agree. It was definitely not some kind of 'putting people in their place' remark but a young (3-years old) child wondering about all those people that aren't joining them inside.

I agree. It was definitely not some kind of 'putting people in their place' remark but a young (3-years old) child wondering about all those people that aren't joining them inside.

I watched it too and she most definitely was telling them they were not coming and gave them a scowl to match. I think William's kids will be picking up negative vibes about the media from him anyway so it didn't surprise me but a parent laughing at that only encourages rudeness in general.

No, I think that Charlotte was very cheeky a few years ago, and needed a bit of telling off. But I suspect William was very amused that his daugther had learned so early that the press were not to be encouraged....

I think it shows that the Cambridge kids are schooled from an early age to expect a crowd and flashbulbs when they're doing something that is covered for the public. They're probably told that the posse of photographers will have to stay in one place and that they won't follow them. This is to assure the kids that they've got nothing to be afraid of and this happens all the time in mummy and daddy's work too.

So, in a sense, perhaps Charlotte was speaking with the authority of a three year old and reinforcing that they weren't coming too. I know I'd be traumatized with an onset of loud, pushy reporters and photographers. Even at my age. There have been other times (going to the hospital to meet Louis) where Charlotte does turn around and wave to the gaggle of press.

It's all part and parcel of how the kids are being raised to be in the public eye, IMO.

She wasn't "traumatised" She was being cheeky....

She wasn't "traumatised" She was being cheeky....

I said *I* would be traumatized. Charlotte, IMO, has been schooled by her parents of what to expect. ;)

I said *I* would be traumatized. Charlotte, IMO, has been schooled by her parents of what to expect. ;)

Of course she has, but George is a shyer child and doesn't seem as confident in general as she is. I think she was rather cheeky a few years back, putting out her tongue, and I think her parents did tend to laugh at her a bit rather than rein her in...

Of course she has, but George is a shyer child and doesn't seem as confident in general as she is. I think she was rather cheeky a few years back, putting out her tongue, and I think her parents did tend to laugh at her a bit rather than rein her in...

One thing for sure is that William and Catherine would *never* think of disciplining their children in the public eye. They would get a talking to when they got home. All kids though just naturally kind of do the unexpected. It's all part of being a kid.

She's a young child now and probably not the only one of the three to misbehave at times. Sometimes they are with the nanny and their maternal grandmother, and probably they along with the parents do rein them in and correct their behavior speaking to them in private.

One thing for sure is that William and Catherine would *never* think of disciplining their children in the public eye. They would get a talking to when they got home. All kids though just naturally kind of do the unexpected. It's all part of being a kid.

I totally agree. They wouldn't do this unless it was really necessary. Disciplining the child in public may embarrass or demean the child and would be captured by photographers for all eternity.

I totally agree. They wouldn't do this unless it was really necessary. Disciplining the child in public may embarrass or demean the child and would be captured by photographers for all eternity.

Misbehaviing children should be told off asap. But William laughed at Charlotte because he probalby dislikes the press as much as he ever did.... However not a good idea.

Misbehaviing children should be told off asap. But William laughed at Charlotte because he probalby dislikes the press as much as he ever did.... However not a good idea.

Right, because they tend to forget what they did wrong. When they're not told immediately about their wrong behaviour they think they were right. When they're told off later they cannot relate anymore to the said scene.
Kate should know that^^
I btw found it totally off that she laughed when Charlotte sticked her tongue out on that boat.

She was three years old and stating her mind. That's a little young to be considered rude. It's why nobody takes offense at what toddlers say. How would you even "discipline" that? Charlotte would have to understand that she shouldn't talk to photographers, but why? Again, she was a little young to comprehend the ramifications of the whole thing. I'm at a loss with these calls for punishment and how it reflects on her parents.

Right, because they tend to forget what they did wrong. When they're not told immediately about their wrong behaviour they think they were right. When they're told off later they cannot relate anymore to the said scene.
Kate should know that^^
I btw found it totally off that she laughed when Charlotte sticked her tongue out on that boat.
Would you really have wanted William and Catherine to scold Charlotte in front of the press for a rather innocent comment on a walk of 20 seconds. If they would have wanted to warn her not to say such things in the future, that could easily wait a few seconds until they were outside of the eye of the press (although I personally don't think that was needed).

And I seem to recall Catherine talking somewhat sternly to Charlotte on Pippa's wedding to make sure that she behaved herself. In general they are very well-behaved children so I don't think anyone needs to worry about their upbringing.

Last edited:
She was three years old and stating her mind. That's a little young to be considered rude. It's why nobody takes offense at what toddlers say. How would you even "discipline" that? Charlotte would have to understand that she shouldn't talk to photographers, but why? Again, she was a little young to comprehend the ramifications of the whole thing. I'm at a loss with these calls for punishment and how it reflects on her parents.

It reflects on her parents the same way that William's awful behavior at Andrew's wedding reflected on his. Laughing at misbehaviour doesn't send a good message to children....If she was old enough to pick up that "they couldn't come in", I think she was old enough to be told, " you dont speak like that to people" and "you dont stick your tongue out at people."

Would you really would have wanted William and Catherine to scold Charlotte in front of the press for a rather innocent comment on a walk of 20 seconds. If they would have wanted to warn her not to say such things in the future, that could easily wait a few seconds until they were outside of the eye of the press (although I personally don't think that was needed).

And I seem to recall Catherine talking somewhat sternly to Charlotte on Pippa's wedding to make sure that she behaved herself. In general they are very well-behaved children so I don't think anyone needs to worry about their upbringing.

Of course not a scolding down, but showing the press and the world that they laugh about "misbehaviour" doesnt send the right message.

Well, I for myself am glad that they are not trying to raise puppets who are afraid to make the smallest kind of misstep. In this specific instance I think the comment could be interpreted differently (as evidenced by this thread) so a minor smile (not noticed by Charlotte) isn't problematic in my book. Sticking out her tongue was a bit more troublesome but might have been dealt with in private at a later moment as well. Should Catherine have laughed, probably not, but sometimes parents cannot help by laughing while they know they shouldn't (my sister-in-law just recalled such an anecdote a few days ago). Starting a potential fight about it in front of the press will certainly be worse for parents and child as that will be talked about forever.

Of course not a scolding down, but showing the press and the world that they laugh about "misbehaviour" doesnt send the right message.
well if Cath can talk firmly to Charlotte to make sure she behaves at a wedding, she can also tell her that she's misbehaved at a christening..
Even if it was difficult to tlle her off in that moment, laughing at it, DID indeed send the wrong message.

Even royal children are children. I give all royal children a pass. It's what they choose to do as an adult that matters. Personally, I think it's good that royal kids get public experience, and that means sometimes they will make mistakes.

I try my best as a mother, but I certainly have had instances where my kids have done something wrong in public. And I have made many mistakes as a mother.

well if Cath can talk firmly to Charlotte to make sure she behaves at a wedding, she can also tell her that she's misbehaved at a christening..
Even if it was difficult to tlle her off in that moment, laughing at it, DID indeed send the wrong message.

Well then, let's all jump in the time machine and go back to that moment and give everyone a good telling-off. :rolleyes:

This happened years ago. And the child was three years old. You find me an example of a perfect three year old who never misbehaves.

You really think Catherine carrying Louis from his christening should have bent down to give Charlotte a stern look instead of paying hardly any attention to it and keep walking until they were out of sight 10 seconds later?!

Luckily Catherine was much wiser and only looked mildly amused to William; there was no 'laughing' involved. In no way did they encourage Charlotte's behavior as she was wisely ignored while William made sure she kept walking by holding her hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom