The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-01-2020, 07:22 PM
Royal Highness

Lovely to involve the children in these efforts, in a way that doesn't involve direct interaction with the recipients. Also ~5,000 meals over 5 weeks is impressive numbers. Kudos to the Cambs and the kitchen/household staff at Sadringham. You gotta love that this went on for five weeks without leaks, a big contrast with some of those in Hollywood that tip-off the paps on day one of their deliveries. I wouldn't be surprised if the staff at Windsor and Balmoral were also doing similar work.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the staff at Windsor and Balmoral were also doing similar work.
Apparently they did/do.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...rs-celebrates/

Edit: quote from the said article:
Quote:
Other royal households are also understood to be doing their bit for the national coronavirus effort.

The housekeeping team at Balmoral have been making facemasks and laundry bags for Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.

At Windsor Castle, residents have been making scrubs, washbags, headbands and scrub hats for NHS staff at various hospitals, including nearby Frimley Park.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

She's very much a Windsor to me with a little Catherine thrown in.

Love the first pic/posed picture.

LaRae
Old 05-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Serene Highness

Gorgeous photos! Still cannot believe she is five!

Princess Charlotte's resemblance has always favoured Prince William....and here's a comparison: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EW9nrb9X...jpg&name=large
Old 05-01-2020, 09:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charlotte is definitely pure Windsor (maybe some Spencer) but William's side. Her brothers are mainly Middleton (Louis has a tad bit of Windsor but he is a lot like his brother for the most part). Charlotte's resemblance to Sarah Chatto at that age just another sign of that.

Some nice photos.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:48 AM
Gentry

Both the Windsor and Cambridge genes are prominent in Charlotte's appearance. It's why she looks either like a younger version of her mother, her maternal grandmother, HM or Lady Sarah Chatto. Nevertheless, she's definitely adorable!
Old 05-02-2020, 05:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

And one more new picture of the sweet Charlotte today!

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...214593/photo/1
Old 05-02-2020, 05:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Beautiful pictures; best me too it eya!

A comparison of Princess Charlotte and today’s birthday girl Lady Sarah Chatto: https://twitter.com/victoriaarbiter/...753313280?s=21
I always said she reminded me of Lady Sarah. Charlotte really cannot deny she is a Windsor!
Old 05-02-2020, 05:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
And one more new picture of the sweet Charlotte today!

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...214593/photo/1
The birthday girl is a real cutie, and her mother is a taletend photograph. Kudos to her!
Old 05-02-2020, 06:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I always said she reminded me of Lady Sarah. Charlotte really cannot deny she is a Windsor!
Lady Sarah is like her father and paternal half sister.

Charlotte's resemblance to her is incidental. She looks like her father and mother.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:13 AM
Serene Highness

Adorable little girl !!
Old 05-02-2020, 11:29 AM
Nobility

When I look at pictures of HM in younger ages (not neccessarily 5 years but 15, 16 - 18) I always see an older Charlotte. I have said it before, it's not the 1 - 1 resemblence in facial structures but also the look of the eyes, the mimics, sometimes they way they smile - or even smile not.

I find it rather nice that they publish pictures every time one of the children has birthday :)
Old 05-02-2020, 01:34 PM
Majesty

charlotte is such a darling! precious pictures as always.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:40 PM
Nobility

What a treat! Very beautiful and confidence little girl!
Old 05-02-2020, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think Charlotte is going to need her brothers. Not only does she seem self confident but she is also looking to grow into a beautiful young woman that would have the boys falling at her feet (remember Charlotte and the flowers?). She'll have her two brothers to clean the clocks of any guy that gets out of line with their sister.
Old 05-02-2020, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
She'll have her two brothers to clean the clocks of any guy that gets out of line with their sister.
Hopefully Charlotte will be able to handle that herself
Old 05-02-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I agree, both of Princess Margaret's children are the image of their father. Princess Alice of Athlone once remarked that they were so like Tony that any woman in Earth might claim to be their mother.
I actually think David Snowdon is a pretty even mix of both his parents, but I seem to be the only one with that opinion.

Charlotte is the double of William. I do think she also looks like Sarah Chatto, but as someone mentioned above that’s probably just a fluke, since Sarah doesn’t really resemble any of the other Windsors.
Old 05-02-2020, 03:25 PM
Majesty

Unfortunately, no new picture of Charlotte with her grandfather... Clarence House tweeted the same picture as provided by Kensington Palace to wish the young princess a happy birthday.
Old 05-02-2020, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Lady Sarah is like her father and paternal half sister.

Charlotte's resemblance to her is incidental. She looks like her father and mother.
No, the resemblance to her father´s family was always striking, even when she was smaller. Charlotte looks like the female version of William when he was a boy.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EW9nrb9X...jpg&name=large
Old 05-02-2020, 05:38 PM

I think she looks more like Catherine than Will. George, on the other hand, is a spitting image of his Daddy.