Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News 4: Apr 2018-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I fully agree. This is so wrong on all accounts. Creating entertainment over the self-worth of a 7-year old who already is in a quite sensitive (although also privileged) position as the future king.

Privilege has nothing to do with it he is a child

Why would a I hope reasonable smart person, come up with such a tacky show in the first place? George is 7 years old and he wants to do this to a child? why. Using a child spewing profanity and what sexuality? I hope this will not see the light of day. This guy needs serious help, I hope he gets it.

I have a confession: I thought that Janetti’s spoof Instagram series was funny at first in a rather “this is ridiculous” way... but then it started getting really mean (toward Charlotte, toward Camilla, toward Meghan- especially Meghan- toward Kate) and I didn’t like him poking fun at George’s potential sexuality. I thought he would eventually get tired of it and move on to other things but it appears like he’s trying to milk it for all it’s worth and cash out big time. I, for one, will not be watching.

I am a major fan of spoofs like 'The Windsors'. They are hilarious I admit :D

But children should always be off limits. Making a character of a seven year old child is not right. Yes I know there have been story books and such but they are different then this show.

George will not watch it. But there will be other kids who will. He doesn't live in some kind of bubble.

I have a confession: I thought that Janetti’s spoof Instagram series was funny at first in a rather “this is ridiculous” way... but then it started getting really mean (toward Charlotte, toward Camilla, toward Meghan- especially Meghan- toward Kate) and I didn’t like him poking fun at George’s potential sexuality. I thought he would eventually get tired of it and move on to other things but it appears like he’s trying to milk it for all it’s worth and cash out big time. I, for one, will not be watching.

He was mean to Charlotte ? He poked fun at George’s sexuality? They’re just BABIES...he’s an ass, and so is HBOMax. Apparently ALL the Royals are fair game - and now that Netflix has said there won’t be warnings, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if - one day - they attack the Cambridge kids.

This show really is a new low and I'm surprised it's been allowed to be aired. I know the children have been featured in spoof shows before but from the ones I've seen, there has been no derogatory reference to them and they've just been featured - or mentioned - in passing.

Yeah. Prince Christian of all people was Animated on the Simpsons and it was surprising and pretty cool. This is not so that.

I’ve seen lots of Prince George memes, tweets, Instagram captions, commentary - most have been cute and harmless, some have been wickedly funny. The best ones work with the idea that there’s a comical/ridiculous side to a small child enjoying hereditary, state sanctioned privilege in a modern democracy, which I think is fair game.

But I’ve never seen anything that used George as an actual character, and in a mean spirited way at that. The show runner saying this is being done with affection is insulting to everyone’s intelligence, (raise your hand if you’ve ever been hurt by a vicious comment, only to be told that of course nothing was meant by it, it was just a joke, why aren’t you laughing)?

There’s a line you don’t cross with children, at least in mainstream comedy. This show seems to cross that line.

I’ve seen lots of Prince George memes, tweets, Instagram captions, commentary - most have been cute and harmless, some have been wickedly funny. The best ones work with the idea that there’s a comical/ridiculous side to a small child enjoying hereditary, state sanctioned privilege in a modern democracy, which I think is fair game.

But I’ve never seen anything that used George as an actual character, and in a mean spirited way at that. The show runner saying this is being done with affection is insulting to everyone’s intelligence, (raise your hand if you’ve ever been hurt by a vicious comment, only to be told that of course nothing was meant by it, it was just a joke, why aren’t you laughing)?

There’s a line you don’t cross with children, at least in mainstream comedy. This show seems to cross that line.

This guy is a horse’s ass...he’s just a bad guy; what kind of person goes out of his way to make fun of a child ? Sick

The animated series, which is expected to go out in the UK next year, is the brainchild of writer Gary Janetti who first began making jibes at the Prince on his Instagram account which has almost one million followers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...el-unfair-cartoon-portraying-spoilt-brat.html

This guy has been pretty nasty for years. His main targets are Meghan and George. He has tried defending his posts before. Deleted some of the overtly nasty ones about Meghan once he started his HBO deal and attention came to them. I am surprised it took people this long to comment. His jokes via George are pretty awful and the way he tries to turn George into Stewie from Family Guy is ridiculous.

I don't know who this guy is, but maybe he should take his own kids if he has any and show them and the viewers, what spoiled brats he is raising, works for me.

Sounds pretty disgusting to me. Children should be off limits.

Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News Part 4: April 2018

The children weren’t off limits in previous shows for mainstream TV. We had the Camilla childminding sketches from the Tracey Ullman show and a British topical satirical sketch show called Newszoids for ITV:

Never heard of newzoids before. The media need to back off.

This guy has been pretty nasty for years. His main targets are Meghan and George. He has tried defending his posts before. Deleted some of the overtly nasty ones about Meghan once he started his HBO deal and attention came to them. I am surprised it took people this long to comment. His jokes via George are pretty awful and the way he tries to turn George into Stewie from Family Guy is ridiculous.

I do love spoofs and satires, but meanness ? No, not even to adults...and to attack a child is twisted. Stewie is a great character, but that’s the point - he’s a character. George is just a little boy - and even if you hate the idea of a monarchy, he needs to be off limits. I wouldn’t be shocked if Charlotte and Louis have targets on their backs also. What’s disturbing is that no one stopped this jerk before it reached this stage - everyone involved with bringing this cartoon to life is responsible and should be ashamed of themselves.

George, Charlotte and Louis have all written and drawn individual cards to their Granny, Diana, Princess of Wales wishing a Happy Mother's Day (Sunday 14th March)
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal
This year Mother’s Day will be different once again.
Many of us will be apart from our loved ones, but looking forward to a time in the not too distant future when we can give our mother a hug again. (1/2)
10:05 PM · Mar 14, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @KensingtonRoyal
But for those experiencing bereavement, today may be particularly challenging.
Each year on Mother’s Day, George, Charlotte and Louis make cards remembering their Granny, Diana, for William.
Whatever your circumstances, we are thinking of you this Mother’s Day [Bouquet] (2/2)
10:05 PM · Mar 14, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

These cards so sweet and beautiful in remembering Diana :flowers: :wub:

Such a beautiful message from Kensington Palace, today can be a very hard day for so many people.
The cards the children have made are lovely, I’m sure it means a lot to William to do this with them every year.

On a side note, the Cambridge’s are doing such a wonderful job of breezing past all the media storm this past week. Continuing public engagements, Catherine’s visit to the Sarah Everard vigil and now this wonderful message on Mother’s Day.

"Papa is missing you". Four words that say it all, and I have tears in my eyes as I type.

What a beautiful gesture from the Cambridge children.❤️

What a beautiful message from the Cambridge children to mark Mothering Sunday.

Its a wonderful thing for a family to do. While making cards for Granny Diana, I can imagine there were a lot of stories passed on to the kids that brought Diana to life for them.

Oh, what a wonderful idea of showing us that, it's really touching. (Also it's another example of how wonderfully the Cambridges children are raised!) The one thing that made me "wait, what" for a second was this sentence from the second tweet: "Each year on Mother’s Day, George, Charlotte and Louis make cards remembering their Granny, Diana, for William." because I'm so not used to seeing just "William" out there and not "Duke of Cambridge" :lol:
But it fits very much.
On a side note, the Cambridge’s are doing such a wonderful job of breezing past all the media storm this past week. Continuing public engagements, Catherine’s visit to the Sarah Everard vigil and now this wonderful message on Mother’s Day.
I remember reading - and I also have it posted on my Tumblr - this quote about Catherine:
Kate is a lighthouse. In good weather, tall, stately and shining a light. In bad weather, tall, stately, shining a light and rock solid.
(Can be found somewhere in the comments under this blog post: https://www.gofugyourself.com/wills-and-kate-paid-a-visit-to-leicester-today-11-2018)

And I think it can be said about both the Duke and the Duchess this last year. All of the drama with Sussexes, global pandemic, lockdown(s), homeschooling, William and Charles being sick, and they just powered through, adapting to the new normality, being so active and visible, Catherine's "Hold Still" project for the National Portrait Gallery is and will be for a long time my favourite project BRF has done. And they continue with their duty this month too, with grace, kindness and smiles, showing up for people and not for themselves.

I think Diana would be pleased that her sons are telling their respective children about her and she is not forgotten. There are also the Spencer relatives to talk about Diana. And her friends like Carolyn Bartholomew and Rosa Monckton.

George, Charlotte and Louis have all written and drawn individual cards to their Granny, Diana, Princess of Wales wishing a Happy Mother's Day (Sunday 14th March)
This year Mother’s Day will be different once again.
Many of us will be apart from our loved ones, but looking forward to a time in the not too distant future when we can give our mother a hug again. (1/2)
10:05 PM · Mar 14, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @KensingtonRoyal
But for those experiencing bereavement, today may be particularly challenging.
Each year on Mother’s Day, George, Charlotte and Louis make cards remembering their Granny, Diana, for William.
Whatever your circumstances, we are thinking of you this Mother’s Day [Bouquet] (2/2)
10:05 PM · Mar 14, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

These cards so sweet and beautiful in remembering Diana :flowers: :wub:

I think that this is horrible. When I first read the story in the Daily Mail, I thought it was a joke. It is a terrible invasion of privacy for the children.

I think that this is horrible. When I first read the story in the Daily Mail, I thought it was a joke. It is a terrible invasion of privacy for the children.

It's done on purpose to share. I wouldn't worry about it. If you have to be public. The Cambridges are doing a fab job with their children.

I think they're doing a great job too. This is the way you ease a child into being familiar with a role they'll have to play in the future. It establishes a link between the children and the public but under the strict guidance of the parents.

The Cambridges seem to be a very well balanced and happy family. ?

That cake looks good. And nice to see a new Middleton family picture.

I agree that the cards are done to be released to be the public to highlight from a personal perspective the people who've lost their mothers and feel the loss especially today.

Also possibly a touch of "she's my mother too" from William to a certain someone.

I agree that the cards are done to be released to be the public to highlight from a personal perspective the people who've lost their mothers and feel the loss especially today.

Also possibly a touch of "she's my mother too" from William to a certain someone.

Well yes.also Louis is the image of Kate.

The cake, Middleton family pic, and the cards to Granny Diana are lovely. William and Kate are doing a wonderful job raising their children. George, Charlotte, Louis, and William are lucky to have Kate.

And my cynical side fully expects a tweet or IG response sometime in the next few hours - it is, after all, only 9:30am in Montecito.

Reactions: Fem
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom