The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-22-2019, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
British Army shares unseen photo of the Duke of Cambridge with his three children on a family day out to the polo as they wish Prince George a happy sixth birthday
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-birthday.html
Cute photo, although Domhnall does rather upstage everyone else, as Irish Wolfhounds tend to do.

Old 07-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Domhnall seems to have captured the attention of Charlotte in that picture. I get a feeling that she's going to be very much an animal person like many others in the family.

One report I've read on George's birthday said his birthday wish list only contained two items. One is binoculars for bird watching and that other is an electric kid's car. Wonder if he got them?

Old 07-22-2019, 04:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Cute little boy, and the bit of ginger in his hair. No problem with male pattern baldness with him!
There are pictures of many of the young Windsor boys with heads full of hair.....But he doesn't have to think about it just yet.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:04 PM
Courtier

The new pictures for George's birthday are absolutely adorable. Clearly his mother has a talent for photography but having an adorable subject doesn't hurt, either.

I also thought it was quite nice that the Duke of York wished George a happy birthday on Twitter. It doesn't seem that we often see the Cambridges interacting with the Duke and I thought it was a nice touch that he'd marked his great-nephew's birthday when no one would have thought it odd if he didn't. Then again, the Duke does seem to be very good about birthday shout outs for the family. But I digress. A sweet gesture on a very cute little prince's birthday!
Old 07-22-2019, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Oh, these are such precious photos. Catherine has a knack for photographing at the right moment - and love the photo the army posted too. Cute to see Domhnall got a mention!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-22-2019, 05:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Happy 6th Birthday to Prince George!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAB5ERdXkAA7cQX.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAB5ERaXYAEY7Cq.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAB5ak0XUAIVzRC.jpg

First two pics were taken in the gardens of KP and the other on holiday. All photos taken by the Duchess of Cambridge

I am positively surprised that George was wearing an England football jersey and not some of those stiff, old-fashioned clothes that British royal boys wear. Good for him !

On the other hand, his future Scottish subjects may be not so happy about it !
Old 07-23-2019, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ic-Circle.html

Sounds like such a fun party!
If it's true George is into magic, he probably gets that from his grandfather Charles.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Now *that* is going to be a humdinger of a good party. Although George is third in line to the throne, this party is tailor made for young children and their friends to just amaze them with magic and tickle their imagination and good exercise in a bouncy castle and have lots and lots of cake and ice cream and frankly leave their parents exhausted when its all over with.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Magic shows have always been the in-thing for 5/6 year-old's parties here in the UK - I remember for my fifth birthday I had a magician and his dog perform tricks at my party, and since he was the local magician I went to the same display for several classmate's parties that same year. It's no surprise that George had the same if true. Magic shows are great fun when you're a child!

Old 07-23-2019, 04:54 PM
Majesty

george looks so much like kate! specially in this photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07...65_634x950.jpg
Old 07-23-2019, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
george looks so much like kate! specially in this photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07...65_634x950.jpg
Yes, he does! And the one where Prince Louis is also smiling out loud (on his first b-day pics), also looks alot like George on this pic.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:14 AM
Courtier

Sweet photos of Prince George for his birthday.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope George's entire class is invited to the party, not just a few.
No way of knowing, since the article only mentions Maud Windsor and Mia Tindall.

But probably the Phillips girls will be there.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I hope George's entire class is invited to the party, not just a few.
No way of knowing, since the article only mentions Maud Windsor and Mia Tindall.

But probably the Phillips girls will be there.
In most London independent schools there is an unwritten rule that at that stage, you invite the whole class for birthday parties, rather than just a few kids.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:15 AM
Royal Highness

Really?
What nonsense!
Why invite children your child does not play with or might not even like.
Aside from the fact that most homes and parents will not have room for 20+ children in their houses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
In most London independent schools there is an unwritten rule that at that stage, you invite the whole class for birthday parties, rather than just a few kids.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

At the school my children attended, you just couldn’t give invitations out at school. If you sent mailed invitations (or e vited), individual children out of a class could be invited to a party.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Really?
What nonsense!
Why invite children your child does not play with or might not even like.
Aside from the fact that most homes and parents will not have room for 20+ children in their houses.
Nonsense or not, that is the way things tend to work here. This "unwritten rule" is really only till the children are about 8 (Year 3), when kids start to choose who they want at their parties.

Most parties are not held at home, but at soft play centres, local leisure centres or other venues hired for the event.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Nonsense or not, that is the way things tend to work here. This "unwritten rule" is really only till the children are about 8 (Year 3), when kids start to choose who they want at their parties.

Most parties are not held at home, but at soft play centres, local leisure centres or other venues hired for the event.
Yeah I'd agree with that, it was that way when I was young as well. It's so some kids don't feel left out if someone his handing out an invitation to everyone BUT them. But it only lasts when you're in infants really. And most of the schools won't have big classes.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Yeah I'd agree with that, it was that way when I was young as well. It's so some kids don't feel left out if someone his handing out an invitation to everyone BUT them. But it only lasts when you're in infants really. And most of the schools won't have big classes.
That's exactly it - a fellow Londoner, and I had whole class parties for most of my primary school years too. Secondary school is obviously a bit more relaxed and especially in the older years, students tend to just invite their close friends and their "plus ones". It's very rare that you'll get the whole class invited to an older secondary school student's party, or at least where I'm from. As a child I shared a birthday with a classmate whom I didn't particularly get on with, but even that was overlooked when it came to British party etiquette and we still had a joint party anyway (but I eventually pulled through and asked for no more parties with them, since their family took over and didn't consider what I wanted and treated it more like it was just their child's birthday). I think it's a nice idea especially since a lot of parties are held in public halls or places such as swimming pools as well as the home, which makes for a wider range of guests. However, I think it's probably only going to be successful during the infant school years when kids seem to all get along with each other, as once children find their own friends and people who they like/dislike in the class, it can get a little trickier.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:22 PM
Majesty

And would you have a birthday party each year? Otherwise it could be rather expensive for parents to invite 20+ (or what would be a normal class size?) children to an event that they have to rent a venue or pay a recreation center for each year.

In addition, how many parties a year would you normally have? Going by a class size of 24, that would be 2 birthday parties a month (plus probably some siblings and other close family members' parties); or would they combine lots of parties (as in Hereditary Princess' example)?

How does Party Pieces play in to all of this? Is that for those renting a venue without any specific activity included?