Prince George: First Official Photos - August 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I wanna ask how old was William when he did his first "photoshoot" in comparison to George

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 12m Well as most royal watchers on Twitter have realised, the British media have been issued with the first official portraits of Prince George
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 10m
We were issued with them by Kensington Palace today on the understanding that they were embargoed until 00.01 GMT.......
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 7m
....unfortunately some media chose to ignore that request. Huge shame. But full pix and story will be on http://www.dailymail.co.uk at midnight

hi to all people, I have a ittle break for health problems. well, finally baby's cambridge it's a boy! i love the name!
The official photos are ok to me, too much informal but they look beautiful. may be the ''real'' official photo will the taken in balmoral with the queen, charles, william and george.

I'm a bit disappointed and personally i dont' like them, I love just kate! she looks gorgeous! i think that the pictures are real becuase I heard that lupo was there and photos were two...

So I wanna ask how old was William when he did his first "photoshoot" in comparison to George
a month, Wills's offical photos was taken in july 20 and in the papers in juy 20, their parent wedding's anniversary

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so William was about 1month then.

My biggest disappointment in these photos is honestly I was expecting a closeup of George with his eyes open.

This is gonna sound like the dumbest question ever but by 2 weeks old the baby can open his/her eyes right?

I agree, but my expectations for the pictures might have been too high. I had expected at least one picture in the style of, say this one of Princess Isabella of Denmark, you know, a close-up on the little one. These pictures just seem really rushed through, like they had to put something out now. Anyway, bubba looks adorable and that's what matters.

That why I think the real official photo were probably withheld from most of the media, press agency by KP and CH and were kept in safe place until it was tone to release so they could post it on twitter/website first before anyone. This is a formal one I think there is a official photo that they withheld because they were afraid it would get leak. .

I don't know if it's the quality so I'll reserve my full judgement until tomorrow, but they're too amateur for the first official photo.

however we all are wathing the pictures and to be honest we could have waited but I think that everybody was eager so we all alre giulty:)

My biggest disappointment in these photos is honestly I was expecting a closeup of George with his eyes open.

This is gonna sound like the dumbest question ever but by 2 weeks old the baby can open his/her eyes right?

I have children, and with a baby this young, you might be waiting a long time for the eyes to open! You cannot force it.

yeah, me too, we don0t know his eyes colour :flowers:

That why I think the real official photo were probably withheld from most of the media, press agency by KP and CH and were kept in safe place until it was tone to release so they could post it on twitter/website first before anyone. This is a formal one I think there is a official photo that they withheld because they were afraid it would get leak. .

I don't. I think this is it, that's the picture and the next one we'll get is the monarchy's one. If it was embargoed until 00:01 press would have been given it beforehand. However it was always said the picture would come from KP not by released via social media.

I have children, and with a baby this young, you might be waiting a long time for the eyes to open! You cannot force it.
haha ok :lol: then i'll lay off them for not getting a closeup I suppose it was easier with William since he was roughly a month old when his were done.

I don't. I think this is it, that's the picture and the next one we'll get is the monarchy's one. If it was embargoed until 00:01 press would have been given it beforehand. However it was always said the picture would come from KP not by released via social media.

I guess I was just expecting it to be more like the official photo like the one after William was born with Charles and Diana.

Last edited:
for the things I read only this two photos will be published. The princesses beatrice and eugenie official photos as taken for ndrew in home ad are formal but no too much, the same thing hapend with louise's first photos.
the photos of james (i sure they exist) never as published. for me this are the first photos but the official one will be with the queen

Are these the 'official pictures'? If so, its very underwhelming, amateurish quality. It looks like a family shot for private use that got leaked. A professional photographer would have done something about the sun, done a shot with George having his eyes open, actually a lot of things don't look right for photos that would make the BRF history books.

Very bland photos, although its nice to include the dog.

They announced they wouldn't use a professional photographer a few weeks ago. The pictures are fine, but pictures taken by a professional photographer probably would have looked better. They certainly look very happy and relaxed, which is great.

I hope there will be a few professional photos in the near future. I am really looking forward to the photo of the Queen, the Prince of Wales, Prince William, and Prince George.

I would like to see goerge's eyes as well! I guess he has blue eyes like all babies!

Last edited:
I hope kate keeps the weigh she gained during the pregnancy! she looks much better than when she was skinny!

Prince George: First Official Photos Released 22 August 2013

The focus should be on prince george bu you can barely see him!:-(

The focus should be on prince george bu you can barely see him!:-(

I can clearly see him. The focus is on the family unit, as it should be. He's a baby - small, wrinkled, sleeping, curled up. I have had two.

I will admit that I am not crazy about the photo. This one (below) was a lot better with William, Charles and Diana. I was expecting it to be more like this one then that one (With William, George AND Catherine) which look like it was one of those 'in the moment photos.

I am not trying to ruin anyone fun but if you like the photos that fine.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Did they? It was always reported that they didn't know.

Regarding the use of professional photographers, you are right, they didn't say they would release family photos, just that they were considering it. As I said, the picture quality probably would have been better with a professional shot, but these are nice pictures. They aren't required to give us anything, so it is generous given how private the parents are.

I will admit that I am not crazy about the photo. This one was a lot better with William, Charles and Diana. I was expecting it to be more like this one then that one (With William, George AND Catherine) which look like it was one of those 'in the moment photos.

I am not trying to ruin anyone fun but if you like the photos that fine.

That is a formal shot. What makes these pix special is that they are out of the family album, so to speak.

We have had to wait nearly over 80 years to see the pix of HMQ released today.

I will admit that I am not crazy about the photo. This one was a lot better with William, Charles and Diana. I was expecting it to be more like this one then that one (With William, George AND Catherine) which look like it was one of those 'in the moment photos.

I am not trying to ruin anyone fun if you like the photos that fine.

William and Kate are not Will's parents - they are setting out on their own unique path. It is different yes, because they are different.

the pictures are just a little bit too ordinary.... Maybe the expectations were too high... i don't know... I tell it again... I only like the mother...

I kind of thought it sweet that the first family picture with William, Kate, George, Lupo and the Middleton's dog was taken by a proud Grandpa Michael. I imagine it will be a picture that will bring fond memories of the time they all spent together as a family without any outside interference.

There will be plenty of time for more formal portraits and photographs in the years to come.

One-month old babies can open their eyes, they just don't do it very often. They sleep a lot at this age--although it really didn't seem that way to me with my two. Hopefully he is sleeping through the night or will very soon.

Can't we wait until the photos are properly released. You never know there might be more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom