Prince and Princess of Wales Visit to Boston for Earthshot, 30 Nov - 2 Dec 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heavs

Heir Presumptive
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Are United4Wildlife and EarthshotPrize not primarily his own initiatives? So why the 'at the request of the government'? It seems more likely that the government was asked by William's entourage to request him to go...

The full press release stated that the Government requested he go to participate in the UK National Day take over of the Dubai Expo to promote "Global Britain" which is more than just his wildlife charities. It also mentions that he will be meeting with government officials.

It seems likely that the FCO and KP co ordinated the chance to do both - to promote UK interests officially post Brexit and the chance to promote Earthshot.

I wonder if William and Catherine are going to pick up the torch from Charles in regards to the environment/climate change since he can't be involved in the politics of it anymore. I know it's a cause that has been very important to him for a long, long time now.

William has been outspoken on this for years now and has done more than simply talk about it with The Tusk Trust and Earthshot - actually tries to do things.

Has the detailed list of engagements in Boston been made public yet?

muriel-This article had a schedule of events for the days in the U.S., but it's not specifically detailed for times and places.

The visit will begin on the afternoon of Wednesday, November 30, at Boston’s City Hall where they will be welcomed to the city by Mayor Michelle Wu and Ambassador Caroline Kennedy. To mark the start of Earthshot, they will light up the City Hall and Boston’s other landmarks green. The following day, they will learn about climate innovations at Greentown Labs in Somerville before traveling to Chelsea to meet with a non-profit helping at risk young people aged 16-24.
On Friday, December 2, Kate will see the work of the Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University while William will visit the JKF Library and Museum. The trip will culminate with the Earthshot Prize on Friday evening at the MGM Music Hall at Fenway.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...am-kate-middleton-boston-trip-itinerary-2022/

Here's a possible engagement that both parties seem to be trying to arrange very quickly. POTUS Joe Biden will be in Boston at the same time that the Prince and Princess of Wales are there.

The Prince and Princess of Wales are expected to meet President Joe Biden in Boston on Friday, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal, as the White House and British officials work to finalize details.
Neither side will comment publicly.
But sources familiar with arrangements said the heir to the British throne and Biden are trying to make use of a scheduling quirk that puts them both in Boston on the same day.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...meeting-Biden-William-Kate-Boston-Friday.html

Last edited:
Love the JFK Library. Hope William enjoys the tour.

That would be pretty cool if they can arrange for the Wales and Biden to meet up.

Love the JFK Library. Hope William enjoys the tour.

That would be pretty cool if they can arrange for the Wales and Biden to meet up.

The one Presidential Library I would like most to visit!

Prince and Princess of Wales arrive at Logan Airport

The one Presidential Library I would like most to visit!

It’s wonderful. I went years ago. My favorite of the presidential libraries I’ve been to.

I sat and listened to his entire inauguration speech. The whole thing really was fantastic.

Lots of media- him talking to press (lots of humor), Nixon debates, etc.

Pretty sure I remember a section on Caroline’s dolls too.

It was quite well done.

William's speech at the City Hall

https://www.youtube.com/qR5KXwoD2Io

So apparently they're flying commercial. IIRC, one of the argument in defending why Charles always used private jet as PoW was because he's the heir and since 9/11, the protocol was that both the monarch and heir are no longer allowed to fly commercial for security reason, but now William is the heir and he's allowed to fly commercial flight?

So apparently they're flying commercial. IIRC, one of the argument in defending why Charles always used private jet as PoW was because he's the heir and since 9/11, the protocol was that both the monarch and heir are no longer allowed to fly commercial for security reason, but now William is the heir and he's allowed to fly commercial flight?

I thinbk these policies are continually reassessed, and changed from time to time.

Here's footage from the local CBS station as the Wales met the crowd that had gathered outside Roca to get a chance to see them.

The little boy dressed as a guardsman is so super cute.

This seems to be a good trip.

I thinbk these policies are continually reassessed, and changed from time to time.

And keep in mind the reason the Wales couple went to Boston. The Earthshot Prize. By taking commercial, they avoid an own goal.

It’s wonderful. I went years ago. My favorite of the presidential libraries I’ve been to.

I sat and listened to his entire inauguration speech. The whole thing really was fantastic.

Lots of media- him talking to press (lots of humor), Nixon debates, etc.

Pretty sure I remember a section on Caroline’s dolls too.

It was quite well done.

I've read that Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis mandated that New England clam chowder must always be available in the cafeteria of the JFK Library.

It was the late president's favorite.;)

I read on another site today that William and Catherine were booed by some of the crowd at the baseball game.

That is really a much ado about nothing - everyone unless they are Boston die hards will be booed at the game. The press just made more of it then it is.
If you look online you will see many celebrities playing the booing up.

Looking forward to the visit to the White House!

There won't be a visit to the White House. Joe Biden will be in Boston and it is clearly important enough for him (and the Waleses) to change his schedule to make room to meet the Prince and Princess of Wales.

I've read that Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis mandated that New England clam chowder must always be available in the cafeteria of the JFK Library.

It was the late president's favorite.;)

He had good taste in food. :) I was in NE last summer. It was nice to have clam chowder in NE. They really know how to make it.

That is really a much ado about nothing - everyone unless they are Boston die hards will be booed at the game. The press just made more of it then it is.
If you look online you will see many celebrities playing the booing up.

Big city basketball fans are like rugby/football/soccer fans...on steroids.

I'll just leave it at that.:cool:

There won't be a visit to the White House. Joe Biden will be in Boston and it is clearly important enough for him (and the Waleses) to change his schedule to make room to meet the Prince and Princess of Wales.

Yep.

Not surprised they made an effort to get them in the room together. UK and US are close allies. Biden is president. William a future head of state. It’s good PR.

Back
Top Bottom