Royal Blogger

Prince and Princess of Wales, Current Events 1: Sept 2022

Arms of TRH The Prince and Princess of Wales

Welcome to The Prince and Princess of Wales
Current Events, Part 1

Commencing September 8, 2022

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Old 09-27-2022, 03:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince and Princess of Wales are off to Wales today.

https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/stat...39072974082057
Old 09-27-2022, 08:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The Prince and Princess of Wales are off to Wales today.

https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/stat...39072974082057
I'm so glad one of their first engagements as Prince and Princess of Wales is to visit Wales.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
I'm so glad one of their first engagements as Prince and Princess of Wales is to visit Wales.
Indeed. This is the first day after the end of royal mourning, so clear focus on Wales.

No plans for a large investiture for the Prince of Wales.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...wales-25109770
Old 09-27-2022, 08:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

Arms of TRH The Prince and Princess of Wales
Just wondering, since William and Catherine are now the Prince and Princess of Wales, wouldn't they suppose to get new arms? These one are the one from after they married, right? With William as the eldest son of the heir apparent. And now since he's the heir apparent himself shouldn't the coronet change or maybe as the Prince of Wales he gets his father's old arms?

Edit:
I did a little googling and yes, both get new coat of arms to reflect their new position.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoutureRo...20791175544834

Wikipedia
William
https://images.app.goo.gl/7XGsQU5GELwBqXB17
Catherine
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File...s_of_Wales.svg

Moderators, would you mind to change it accordingly?

(And since Harry is now son of monarch, there's a slight change in his coat of arms as well)
Old 09-27-2022, 09:03 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
Just wondering, since William and Catherine are now the Prince and Princess of Wales, wouldn't they suppose to get new arms? These one are the one from after they married, right? With William as the eldest son of the heir apparent. And now since he's the heir apparent himself shouldn't the coronet change or maybe as the Prince of Wales he gets his father's old arms?
Yes, at some point soon he will likely start using arms with the coronet of the Prince of Wales, a plain white label, and the Welsh inescutcheon with the coronet on it. This will also be reflected on Catherine's arms.

Someone has already uploaded Catherine's arms to the Wikimedia Commons with the relevant changes, though I don't believe they have yet been used officially.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:05 AM
Administrator

The Prince and Princess of Wales in Wales today, September 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** dm article: Prince and Princess of Wales make first visit to the nation with their new titles..**

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Prince And Princess Of Wales Visit Wales ** rex gallery **

Old 09-27-2022, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

There are some adorable photos in the DM article when Catherine is presented with a posy by a very expressive little boy named Theo.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Yes my thoughts too and lovely to see them in Wales today
Old 09-27-2022, 09:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince and Princess of Wales, Current Events 1: Sept 2022

Quote:

Yes. It was a good decision imo.

The photos of the little boy meeting them are adorable.

Also- I can not imagine all the work that is having to go into the new roles now. That’s a lot of overnight change. There were plans, of course. But- still. This must be a lot of work for everyone.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:40 AM
Courtier

Prince of Wales: Majority back title for Prince William but investiture proves unpopular

Quote:
(...)

Although the majority (66%) of those surveyed support the*Prince of Wales*title being given to Prince William, only 19% want to see a ceremony for him to match the one held for his father.

The latest YouGov poll, conducted for ITV Cymru Wales and Cardiff University, shows the public back the new Prince of Wales, with 74% of respondents believing Prince William will do a good job.

In a survey of 1,014 people aged 16 and over, 13% thought Prince William would make a bad Prince of Wales and the remaining 13% didn't know either way.

(...)
Most likely this will mean more frequent visit to Wales for the couple, maybe they'll even start holidaying somewhere in Wales too.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Prince of Wales: Majority back title for Prince William but investiture proves unpopular

Most likely this will mean more frequent visit to Wales for the couple, maybe they'll even start holidaying somewhere in Wales too.
This very much seems in line with the briefing from the Palace that one should not necessarily expect an investiture.
Old 09-27-2022, 11:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wasn’t Catherine’s very first royal engagement as a fiancee also visiting a lifeboat in Wales?
Old 09-27-2022, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Wasn’t Catherine’s very first royal engagement as a fiancee also visiting a lifeboat in Wales?
I think that is correct.
Old 09-27-2022, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I read somewhere that the couple has occasionally spent private holidays in Wales over the years. It would be nice, and I think well received, if the family started spending the occasional working holiday in Wales, something genuinely enjoyable for the children and not too intense, but more visible than a totally private vacation.
They’re building from a strong base in that they have familiarity and a seemingly genuine affection for Wales to go along with the titles.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Technically, per the poll, 49% want some sort of investiture. Charles's investiture was not the standard practice. The grand medieval ceremony was concocted for him at that time. I do see a much simpler investiture happening, with a visit to the Welsh assembly, and the focus of that day being more on Wales.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:

What's the problem with an investiture?
I still believe that an investiture will be made. Perhaps simpler than the one Charles had.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

And please with no ping-pong balls.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
What's the problem with an investiture?
I still believe that an investiture will be made. Perhaps simpler than the one Charles had.
Well, according to this Telegraph article from two weeks ago:
Quote:
The changes that come with being the new Prince and Princess of Wales

Archive

Quote:
(...)

The Prince must also decide on arrangements for his investiture as Prince of Wales, which is scheduled to happen after the King’s coronation and is likely to be next year.

William will become only the third Prince of Wales to be invested in Wales itself, and is said to favour a more low-key ceremony than the one at Caernarfon Castle for his father in 1969.

One possibility is that the investiture could take place at Cardiff Cathedral, and a decision must also be taken on the role of the Princess of Wales in the ceremony, as no Prince of Wales in recent history has inherited the title while married.

(...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
And please with no ping-pong balls.
You know what, I think the sole reason William decides not to have his father's like investiture is because he doesn't want to ever be documented wearing that coronet
Old 09-27-2022, 10:04 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I think there will be some kind of official event to commemorate William receiving the principality, but I don't think it will be an investiture, especially if it comes after the coronation and he has already worn the coronet and done his homage to his father there.