Potential official trips for the Prince & Princess of Wales

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muriel

Imperial Majesty
City
London / Guildford
Country
United Kingdom
A thread to discuss potential official trips we would like to see the Prince and Princess of Wales to undertake.

I think the Prince & Princess of Wales are due tours to Australia & New Zealand (not visited since 2014) and Canada (last visited in 2016).

I would also like to see them travel to Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania amongst others) and in parts of eastern Europe (Czech Reublic, Hungary and Croatia).

Perhaps a trip to Aus & NZ can be plannedont he edges of the trip to Singapore for Earthshot this year.

Last edited:
Did they ever go on any official visit to Spain or Italy? Might be nice to see them there as well.

I can't see them going on an official trip to Hungary while Orban is there. Or any member of the British or the reigning European monarchies for that matter. A photo with a semi-dictator is not something you will want to be confronted with for decades. As he is selling himself to Putin it would also send mixed messages considering the UK's great support for Ukraine were there to be a high profile visit to Hungary.

Last edited:

Did they ever go on any official visit to Spain or Italy? Might be nice to see them there as well.

I can't see them going on an official trip to Hungary while Orban is there. Or any member of the British or the reigning European monarchies for that matter. A photo with a semi-dictator is not something you will want to be confronted with for decades. As he is selling himself to Putin it would also send mixed messages considering the UK's great support for Ukraine were there to be a high profile visit to Hungary.

First of all, they would be welcomed by the president of Hungary who is a classy lady and they would visit local communities. They would probably meet with Orbán, too but it wouldn't be the focus of the visit. As for Orbán and Russia... the Hungarian economy is dead without the Russian oil and gas and anyways I don't see the west stopping themselves from buying Russian uranium...
And if we go back a little bit in history, when the soviet tanks invaded Hungary in 1956 what did the west do?
Hungary has condemned Russia and Putin for the atrocious invasion of Ukraine but it has to watch its interests, too because no one else will.
I have no personal sympathy for Orban, but he is trying to manage a small and relatively poor country without becoming a 'colony' for the west or the east...

I wouldn't rule out another visit to Ireland as the last one in March 2020 just before Covid was very successful.

I guess they will go where the government need them to go to curry favour with politicians there - such is the lot of a Royal!

I think the Prince & Princess of Wales are due tours to Australia & New Zealand (not visited since 2014) and Canada (last visited in 2016).

That's a very nice idea, but I guess the next royal visit to Canada and Australia will be from Their Majesties.

Whilst Wikipedia isn't always the best this is a pretty accurate looking list of visits made by William and Catherine which may help think of places they haven't been (or haven't been for a while)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ce_of_Wales,_and_Catherine,_Princess_of_Wales

Maybe they could visit some South America countries? I can't spot any visits that way other than Caribbean countries part of the Commonwealth. Maybe Brazil, Argentina (if we get on with them now), Peru etc. It would provide some good things for them to see and do based around climate, conservation, childhood development, medical care etc.

I'd also love to see them do a Nordic tour, just selfishly as I'd like to see them interact and have time with the heirs there. I know they did it before in 2018 but still!

I agree with those who say Spain and Italy as well. Those quite close European countries could easily be done within a working week (2/3 days) and still allow for longer tours further afield.

I wouldn't rule out another visit to Ireland as the last one in March 2020 just before Covid was very successful.

I suspect the King & Queen may visit Ireland before the Wales'.

Defiantly but I can see a return visit for the Wales before too long.

Entirely possible. They are one of our closest neighbours, so makes sense to visit regularly.

Their country have a ambassador from north korea who was invited to the royal wedding, William visited China before Orban was elected and reelected to power in what is considered to be a free election by the west. Charles went to though countries and Saudi Arabia and Eswatini though aren't countries know for their democracies either

I would like the Princes of Wales to make an official visit to Portugal and Spain.

I would like the Princes of Wales to make an official visit to Portugal and Spain.
What about to some of the micro states like Monaco and Liechtenstein don’t see that too often
Along with the country that surrounds them

I would imagine the next big Royal Tour of Canada will be undertaken by The Prince and Princess of Wales…

Charles and Camilla was in Canada as late as May last year (although before accession) so i don’t think they will go there just yet…

As we know that at least Charles is due to attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Samoa in October next year, i wouldn’t be surprised at all if that visit will be paired with a Royal Tour of Australia (where Charles haven’t been since 2012), and maybe also New Zealand…

Apart from that, i would like to see William and/or Catherine undertake more official visits to countries that is rarely visited by any royals, and not only in Europe…

I would imagine the next big Royal Tour of Canada will be undertaken by The Prince and Princess of Wales…

Charles and Camilla was in Canada as late as May last year (although before accession) so i don’t think they will go there just yet…

As we know that at least Charles is due to attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Samoa in October next year, i wouldn’t be surprised at all if that visit will be paired with a Royal Tour of Australia (where Charles haven’t been since 2012), and maybe also New Zealand…

Apart from that, i would like to see William and/or Catherine undertake more official visits to countries that is rarely visited by any royals, and not only in Europe…
Would like see Catherine and William in Norway again Ingrid clearly looks up to Kate

What about to some of the micro states like Monaco and Liechtenstein don’t see that too often

Not sure if either Monace or Liechtenstein are a diplomatic priority for the UK at all.

Back
Top Bottom