The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 05-15-2023, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Potential official trips for the Prince & Princess of Wales

A thread to discuss potential official trips we would like to see the Prince and Princess of Wales to undertake.
Old 05-15-2023, 11:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think the Prince & Princess of Wales are due tours to Australia & New Zealand (not visited since 2014) and Canada (last visited in 2016).

I would also like to see them travel to Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania amongst others) and in parts of eastern Europe (Czech Reublic, Hungary and Croatia).

Perhaps a trip to Aus & NZ can be plannedont he edges of the trip to Singapore for Earthshot this year.
Old 05-15-2023, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Did they ever go on any official visit to Spain or Italy? Might be nice to see them there as well.

I can't see them going on an official trip to Hungary while Orban is there. Or any member of the British or the reigning European monarchies for that matter. A photo with a semi-dictator is not something you will want to be confronted with for decades. As he is selling himself to Putin it would also send mixed messages considering the UK's great support for Ukraine were there to be a high profile visit to Hungary.
Old 05-15-2023, 01:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Did they ever go on any official visit to Spain or Italy? Might be nice to see them there as well.

I can't see them going on an official trip to Hungary while Orban is there. Or any member of the British or the reigning European monarchies for that matter. A photo with a semi-dictator is not something you will want to be confronted with for decades. As he is selling himself to Putin it would also send mixed messages considering the UK's great support for Ukraine were there to be a high profile visit to Hungary.
First of all, they would be welcomed by the president of Hungary who is a classy lady and they would visit local communities. They would probably meet with Orbán, too but it wouldn't be the focus of the visit. As for Orbán and Russia... the Hungarian economy is dead without the Russian oil and gas and anyways I don't see the west stopping themselves from buying Russian uranium...
And if we go back a little bit in history, when the soviet tanks invaded Hungary in 1956 what did the west do?
Hungary has condemned Russia and Putin for the atrocious invasion of Ukraine but it has to watch its interests, too because no one else will.
I have no personal sympathy for Orban, but he is trying to manage a small and relatively poor country without becoming a 'colony' for the west or the east...
Old 05-15-2023, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wouldn't rule out another visit to Ireland as the last one in March 2020 just before Covid was very successful.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:15 PM
Nobility

I guess they will go where the government need them to go to curry favour with politicians there - such is the lot of a Royal!
Old 05-15-2023, 02:22 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think the Prince & Princess of Wales are due tours to Australia & New Zealand (not visited since 2014) and Canada (last visited in 2016).

That's a very nice idea, but I guess the next royal visit to Canada and Australia will be from Their Majesties.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Whilst Wikipedia isn't always the best this is a pretty accurate looking list of visits made by William and Catherine which may help think of places they haven't been (or haven't been for a while)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ncess_of_Wales

Maybe they could visit some South America countries? I can't spot any visits that way other than Caribbean countries part of the Commonwealth. Maybe Brazil, Argentina (if we get on with them now), Peru etc. It would provide some good things for them to see and do based around climate, conservation, childhood development, medical care etc.

I'd also love to see them do a Nordic tour, just selfishly as I'd like to see them interact and have time with the heirs there. I know they did it before in 2018 but still!

I agree with those who say Spain and Italy as well. Those quite close European countries could easily be done within a working week (2/3 days) and still allow for longer tours further afield.
Old 05-16-2023, 02:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wouldn't rule out another visit to Ireland as the last one in March 2020 just before Covid was very successful.
I suspect the King & Queen may visit Ireland before the Wales'.
Old 05-16-2023, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I suspect the King & Queen may visit Ireland before the Wales'.
Defiantly but I can see a return visit for the Wales before too long.
Old 05-16-2023, 04:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Defiantly but I can see a return visit for the Wales before too long.
Entirely possible. They are one of our closest neighbours, so makes sense to visit regularly.

Tags
commonwealth countries, overseas tours, prince & princess of wales