Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about the name Mary....they went a couple generations back for George...and Mary would be just one more back.

LaRae

I am SO excited and blessed. Today is my birthday, so I feel a bit like I have some claim to this child!

Names, wow, I don't even know what to suggest. I think we need to turn the clocks forward to a new era and modernize the names.

I would suggest names that call attention to social issues and also reflect a modern naming trend.

Gender neutral names like Lammy I like. Or Carl Lee.

But sticking with feminine names, I like Matricia, which really invokes a strong matriarchal sense. I like Tyna, but only with the y as Tina with the I is too plain for such a gift.

My favorite though would be Diana Camilla it would end the animosity and heal wounds.

Hahahaha - Carl Lee; oh, please Lord above, make that happen

And happy birthday!

Fatima. :flowers:

And I suggest they honor the beloved Princess Diana as well. Mashallah.

I am SO excited and blessed. Today is my birthday, so I feel a bit like I have some claim to this child!

Names, wow, I don't even know what to suggest. I think we need to turn the clocks forward to a new era and modernize the names.

I would suggest names that call attention to social issues and also reflect a modern naming trend.

But sticking with feminine names, I like Matricia, which really invokes a strong matriarchal sense. I like Tyna, but only with the y as Tina with the I is too plain for such a gift.

My favorite though would be Diana Camilla it would end the animosity and heal wounds.

It's good that you're well-versed at cracking jokes. A sense of humor is an invaluable part of a person's character.

Her Royal Highness Princess Henrietta Philippina Jamesina of Cambridge
Son Altesse Royale la princesse Henriette Philippine Jacqueline de Cambridge (pour les Canadiens).

Henrietta = uncle Henry

Philippina = aunt Philippa / great-grandfather Philip

Jamesina = uncle James

The name Henrietta not only would be a honour to Prince Henry (Harry), it would also rivive an old name which frequents in the genalogical tree of the British royal family.

Last edited:
Alice elizabeth victoria
matilda jane victoria
diana helena alexandra

I am going to stick with some variation of Alice Charlotte and then I can't decide between Elizabeth or Victoria though I am leaning more towards Victoria because I think the Alexander in George's name was to honor the queen so I'm not sure if they would name another baby after her.

Possible princess's names are

princess Alice (Victoria / Eleanor) Diana Elizabeth of cambridge

I hope it will not be Diana as first name. It is better that the girl has her own independent life without the ever comparison with a legend. As second, third, fourth, whatever name: excellent!

I am going to stick with some variation of Alice Charlotte and then I can't decide between Elizabeth or Victoria though I am leaning more towards Victoria because I think the Alexander in George's name was to honor the queen.
If I'd stick with it, I'd prefer Alice over Charlotte (I think Alice is a sweet name, Charlotte is stronger). Victoria is also strong and having a Princess Elizabeth would be lovely :flowers:
But I do think the little princess will have Alice/Charlotte somehow.
Hoping that Mary & Caroline fit in there too

I hope it will not be Diana as first name. It is better that the girl has her own independent life without the ever comparison with a legend. As second, third, fourth, whatever name: excellent!
I completely, fully and totally agree, I think we might see Diana as second or third name.

I have seen here and there that Diana is 'too common'. Well, in France and Portugal we see Her Royal Highness Princess Diana Mariana Vitória d'Orléans née Álvares Pereira de Melo, 11ème Duchesse de Cadaval, Duchesse d'Anjou... (Pic: http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/3571/is19610354og9.jpg )

And of course we know famous Dianas like Diane de Poitiers, Duchesse de Valentinois, etc...

:)

Happy Birthday and welcome to The Royal Forums.

George was born on my birthday so I felt the exact same way:ROFLMAO:

I think Charlotte Alexandra Frances.

I like Charlotte for the first name, but I hope they stay away from names like Mary, Anne, Alice, or Matilda, because they sound too much like names suited for elderly ladies. Now, Anna would work quite nicely. I absolutely adore the name Elisabeth, but I have a feeling that it won't be used as a first name (hope I'm wrong). However, a variation of the name, such as Isabella would be lovely as well.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think I said when the pregnancy was announced that I thought the name would be Alice Elizabeth something. Now I"m not so sure. If I were Prince William and his wife, I'd want to pick something that no one else has guessed, just because so many people are betting on the baby's name.

The name of a child so close to the throne should probably include the name of at least one reigning queen somewhere in the mix, so the name probably will include Elizabeth, Victoria, Mary or Anne as either the first or one of the middle names. Alice is one of my favorites just because it seems such a likely choice as the name of Prince Philip's mother and one that hasn't been used yet for a girl in this generation as a first name. William may very well be unable to resist including his mother's name, so now I say Alice Elizabeth Diana.

They tend to stay with traditional names within the BRF (exception being Ann and her children were kept away from the titles) so I would predict an 'old fashioned' (to some) name.

LaRae

Andrew Morton, for what it's worth...:whistling:... says Elizabeth Diana

Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

I am going with Victoria or Elizabeth as one of the names if not both. But I think at least Elizabeth will be in there somewhere.

I don't get some people. Most comments on the British Monarchy Facebook page have been positive but there been some negative comments. A few. One that caught my eye was someone saying naming it Elizabeth Would be a horrible contradiction because she did Diana no favors and hated her.
s.

Umm first of all The Queen did not hate Diana. And Secondly She Is Prince William Grandmother who he adores. Of course he going to want to honor his Grandmother in some way.

I just ignored it, no sense in replying to those comment

And Secondly She Is Prince William Grandmother who he adores. Of course he going to want to honor his Grandmother in some way.
He already honored her with middle name Alexander, didn't he? Do William and Harry have to honor the HM with each of their children? But I see the point, I have a feeling that name Elizabeth may be in the Princess' name.

Last edited:
He already honored her with middle name Alexander, didn't he? Does Williwm and harry have to honor the HM with each of their children? But I see the point, I have a feeling that name Elizabeth may be in the Princess' name.

I forgot about that. Alexander is a male name for Alexandra. But now that they have a daughter they could put Elizabeth in there somewhere.

But it not just The Queen either. Catherine middle name is Elizabeth as is her Mother and I believe one of her Grandmothers as well.

Of course Prince William Great Grandmother name was Elizabeth.

Elizabeth is Kate's middle name too....so wouldn't be surprised to see it show up as one of the 3 (or 4?) names given.

LaRae

Elizabeth is Kate's middle name too....so wouldn't be surprised to see it show up as one of the 3 (or 4?) names given.

LaRae

I think the new princess will have 3 names. I was expecting George to have 4, but as only 3 were given, it is not impossible that Princess Cambridge will have only 2.

I was expecting George to have 4, but as only 3 were given, it is not impossible that Princess Cambridge will have only 2
Why 2? Its a bit boring, almost everyone has two.

I can't imagine anything less than 3 ...if anything they will duplicate the same number George has.

LaRae

Well, Princess Margaret only had two names so it's a possibility. But you are right - 3 is the most likely.

Well, 'Prince Harry' was definitely a breach with tradition (I know he is formally Prince Henry). Princess Beatrice Elizabeth Mary and Princess Eugenie Victoria Helena were also relatively unusual names: the first one only appeared in the genealogical tree once and the second one was completely new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom