Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Prince Leopold would be nice. And be known as Prince Leo!

Leopold Philip Arthur

Now that we know it's a girl:

Princess Charlotte Mary Elizabeth

Now that we know it's a girl:

Princess Charlotte Mary Elizabeth

Yes indeed, this should make it a little easier to guess!

My final guess is Princess Charlotte Alice Louise.....

Seems to be a big run on Charlotte now. Hopefully we will know by tomorrow.

You have to believe that "Diana" will be in there somewhere. It won't be her first name, but it'll be in there somewhere. My guesses:

Victoria Alice Elizabeth Diana
Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Catherine
Alice Elizabeth Charlotte Diana
Elizabeth Victoria Diana Mary

Really, if any of those names are present, no matter the order, I'll be chuffed.

I go for Martha Louise Victoria or Mathilde Amelia Georgiana.

I'm hoping for Alice or Charlotte, but maybe Margaret is a possibility too. I'm thinking Diana will be in there somewhere or a name from the Spencer line.

I would love the new Princess to be named Charlotte or Alice, although I would like too if they named her or include in her middle name, names such as Clarisse or Florence or Constance.

Carole Camilla of Cambridge. Alliteration is very underestimated. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Alison instead of Alice (similar to Harry instead of Henry)

William and Kate went with public opinion last time and named their son George. If they do the same this time, we will get Princess Alice. I suspect they might want to surprise us this time though.

Alison instead of Alice (similar to Harry instead of Henry)

His Christian name is Henry.

Last edited by a moderator:
His Christian name is Henry.

Mbruno, that's exactely what I wanted to point out. Sorry for not making myself clear.

Baptised Alice
Used in public: Alison (a bit more modern touch)

You have to believe that "Diana" will be in there somewhere. It won't be her first name, but it'll be in there somewhere. My guesses:

Victoria Alice Elizabeth Diana
Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Catherine
Alice Elizabeth Charlotte Diana
Elizabeth Victoria Diana Mary

Really, if any of those names are present, no matter the order, I'll be chuffed.

Maybe I'm alone in this but I doubt Diana will be one of the names. I think they will stick to family names without using first names of grandparents.

I'm still sticking with Victoria Elizabeth Alice

Maybe I'm alone in this but I doubt Diana will be one of the names. I think they will stick to family names without using first names of grandparents.

I don't think they'll use Diana. The pressure on the poor girl will be big enough already...

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I've thought the same thing with both this birth and before George was born. I suspect the only person who is likely to have her own first name used as one of this new princess' name is Elizabeth and even that's likely to be a middle name rather than a first name, and also a very easy choice as it's been used on both the Windsor and Middleton sides of the family.

I like Charlotte but, again, it's perhaps too obvious - feminine form of Charles and Pippa's middle name.

Alice is an intriguing choice.

Victoria Alice Elizabeth? Victoria Elizabeth Charlotte?

I will only reaffirm my previous guess:

HRH Princess Alice Elizabeth Charlotte of Cambridge.

Mbruno, that's exactely what I wanted to point out. Sorry for not making myself clear.

Baptised Alice

Although Alison is derived from Alice as a nickname (which itself is derived from Adelaide), the names have developed as stand-alone names here. But anything is possible!

I'm still sticking to my guns with the name Mary. So much can be done with it and it will totally be the new princess' individual name.

Mary Alice
Mary Elizabeth (Mary Beth)
Mary Victoria

I realize so many would like the new princess to be named Diana, but the burden would be overwhelming. She would be constantly compared and unless she is drop-dead gorgeous, would face media criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think it's nice to name children after loved ones who are gone -- all three of my children are named for family members who are deceased. (This is a very common American Jewish tradition -- virtually every kid in our Hebrew school is named for someone.) But I also think that the name "Diana" could be a burden as the child grows up, so I'm hoping to see Frances as a middle name.

My main guess will remain Matilda Elizabeth Rose (as it has been since day one :D).

Other possibilities: Elizabeth Rose Matilda, Isabella Charlotte Rose, Eleanor Elizabeth Matilda, Victoria Eleanor Elizabeth or Alice Elizabeth Matilda.

Baptised Alice

Alison, modern? :lol:

There's an Alison in Chaucer's 'Canterbury Tales'! It's a very old name, but deeply unfashionable in the UK now.

Alexandra Elizabeth Frances Carole

I hope Princess DIANA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom