Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guesses for girls:

Victoria Diana Carole
Victoria Elizabeth Mary
Elizabeth Carole Diana
Amelie Therese Josephine
Isabella Marie Helene
Alexandra Louise Diana
Charlotte Eleanor Victoria
Eleanor Victoria Elizabeth

More guesses:

Charlotte Elizabeth Mary
Victoria Eleanor Elizabeth
Amelia Victoria Elizabeth
Caroline Marie Elizabeth
Isabella Carole Diana
Adelaide Victoria Elizabeth
Alexandra Mary Elizabeth
Matilda Eleanor Victoria
Matilda Eleanor Elizabeth
Matilda Elizabeth Victoria
Isabella Rose Diana
Isabella Rose Elizabeth
Mary Lillian Elizabeth
Mary Victoria Elizabeth
Desiree Victoria Helena
Helena Marie Elizabeth
Marie Elizabeth Louise
Helena Victoria Sophie
Leonore Victoria Sophie
Jacqueline Victoria Elizabeth
Rose Victoria Elizabeth
Lillian Charlotte Victoria
Helene Elizabeth Sophie
Josephine Marie Elizabeth
Leonore Rose Victoria
Desiree Rose Elizabeth
Desiree Rose Victoria
Desiree Lillian Victoria
Elizabeth Victoria Eleanor
Lillian Carole Diana
Mary Carole Diana

Last edited:
Desiree? Where did you get that one? And their are enough Leonores and the like for this Royal generation as is.

Desiree? Where did you get that one? And their are enough Leonores and the like for this Royal generation as is.

I highly doubt that William and Catherine would care the slightest about the amount of girls from various other royal families bearing some variation of the name should Eleanor/Eleonore/Leonor/Leonore be a name they want to give their child. And why on earth should they?

Last edited:
I really don't envy them chosing the name for a girl. It's such a balancing act. Having said that if they must use those Arthur/Alfred/Alberts I hope it's as a middle name...just my opinion....

I must be getting a bit excited.

Last edited:
I disagree about John and Stephen. There is no reason why these names couldn't be used again by the BRF.
Regina of course means "queen" and would be inappropriate, especially for a second child.

Albert would be an unwise choice, in view of the present-day connotations of the phrase "Prince Albert". :whistling:

Was Kidding about Regina. For the reasons above, I think Mary is also out as a first name.

For the reasons above, I think Mary is also out as a first name.

I don't understand, what reasons? I would not rule out Mary at all. It's an established Royal name that isn't currently in use, much like George.

I've said before, I could imagine a "Princess Mary Elizabeth".

Mary Rose would be sweet.

I'd really love that. That name would also skyrocket to the top of the baby name lists, and with good reason, a lovely, timeless classic.

I also love Alice Rose or Mary Alice.

We are going to be gobsmacked if they pull an Estelle or Vincent on us and choose,I don't know, Emma or Simon or something.

I had already put two cents on Alexandra Charlotte, but I wouldn't mind Alexandra Rose for a little girl.

As the couple was very traditional in George as choice of a name, I would be surprised if this baby would received an usual name.

Of they went traditional the first time I see them going Traditional again.

I don't understand, what reasons? I would not rule out Mary at all. It's an established Royal name that isn't currently in use, much like George.

I've said before, I could imagine a "Princess Mary Elizabeth".

Mary Elizabeth is a lovely name.

I'm still unsure about boy names, maybe Arthur or David. For a girl, I still like Charlotte.

My guesses:

Boy:

Richard Arthur Charles
Albert Charles Philip
Edward James Charles
Philip Henry James

Girl:

Mary Elizabeth Louise
Victoria Alice Mary
Isabella Mary Anne
Charlotte Alice Mary

I bet they'll be kicking themselves if it's a boy born on Thursday, and they've already used up George ... :lol:

I love Mary Elizabeth, it's actually on my list for my own future children. It's such a classical and strong combination. I remember suggesting Mary Elizabeth Catherine Victoria in the earlier pages of this thread.

I do believe it's also the Crown Princess of Denmark's full name.

Albert would be an unwise choice, in view of the present-day connotations of the phrase "Prince Albert". :whistling:

I'm British and was unaware of the slang term "Prince Albert" until I (admittedly... :hiding:) looked it up on a quick Google definition. It is indeed an unfortunate connotation, but I can't imagine that it's that widely used over here, and I'm sure that if Baby Cambridge No. Two is a boy and does end up being an Albert, people will soon leave the connotations aside since William and Catherine are so famous across the globe.

Mary Rose would be sweet.

Yes, it would be :)
Wasn't Mary Rose the full name of Henry VIII's sister, the Duchess of Suffolk?

Last edited:
I'm British and was unaware of the slang term "Prince Albert" until I (admittedly... :hiding:) looked it up on a quick Google definition. It is indeed an unfortunate connotation, but I can't imagine that it's that widely used over here, and I'm sure that if Baby Cambridge No. Two is a boy and does end up being an Albert, people will soon leave the connotations aside since William and Catherine are so famous across the globe.

What comes to mind for me is making prank calls as a kid and asking people if they had Prince Albert in a can (tobacco chew in a can) and then telling 'em to let him out. :D

Wasn't Mary Rose the full name of Henry VIII's sister, the Duchess of Suffolk?

The Mary Rose was a ship during the time of Henry VIII. Can't tell you though who it was named after though.

Mary Rose was also the name of Henry VIII's flagship which sunk in the Solent killing most of its crew.

The ship's name comes from reportedly Mary the King's sister and Rose for the Tudor Rose being the symbol of the Tudors. Mary's middle name wasn't Rose.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
I don't know why but I can't shake the feeling that the name will be very unexpected this time.

I also love the names Lenora and Isabelle.

If baby girl born on April 23rd, why not honor her with the name Shirley somewhere in name.

Shirley Temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really doubt they'd ever do that as a) Shirley Temple was an American and b) I don't think the royals would name their child because of someone in the entertainment field although later in life she was involved with being an ambassador to Ghana and Czechoslovakia and was Chief of Protocol for the United States. To be honest, I would bet my last chicken wing that William and Kate aren't even overly familiar with her.

LINK: Royal baby: 'Princess Alice’ could cost bookmakers £500,000 as betting mounts ahead of birth - Telegraph

"The Duchess of Cambridge will give birth to a blonde daughter called Alice on Monday, according to the instincts of the British betting public."

Well, that deadline has past. :flowers:

LINK: Royalty Betting Odds | Bet Online at Ladbrokes.com

Ladbrokes still has Alice as the lead name for a girl, followed in a dead-heat with Elizabeth and Charlotte.

For a boy it's Arthur and James, but clearly the bias is for a girl. :flowers:

My friend, who only follows royals at a distance, mentioned to me that she heard that everybody thinks it will be a girl called Alice, to which she added, "which means it won't be." :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom