Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice Caroline Frances seems possible as it is all names that are common to the families and somewhat old-fashioned.

I would hope for something more exotic, like Matilda or Eleanor, after some great British queens, but I doubt they will go there.

She wanted a boy last time whereas William wanted a girl.Maybe she is looking happy because she found out this one is a boy as well. Just saying.
Or that she will give birth to the baby girl her husband wants?

Elizabeth is the perfect mix of both families. Not only honors the queen and queen mum, but Kate's family. Not only is it Kate and Carole's middle name, but Kate's great grandmother's name (Carole's maternal grandmother).

Francis nice choice too. Middle name of both Diana and Michael.

For a boy, I would include the masculine spelling of Frances, again as a nod both to Michael and Diana.

ideas:

Princess Alice Elizabeth Francis- nod to Philip through his mother
Princess Victoria Margaret Anne-sisters of George VI, Elizabeth and Charles
Princess Mary Louise Anne- last three Princess Royal

*Princess Mary's first name was Victoria. Don't see them pairing Mary Margaret (sounds like a nun)

Prince Albert Henry Andrew- the second son of George V, Charles and Elizabeth
Prince Philip Frances Charles- DOE, Frances for Michael and Diana, Charles for Grandpa
Prince Arthur Frederick John- Frederick both royal and Kate's family, John for the Spencers

Last edited:
I like the suggestions of Princess Alice Elizabeth Francis and Prince Albert Henry Andrew.
I feel the baby is a girl.

I reckon if the baby is a girl there will definitely be Diana in its name. But with the second baby and since they have provided an heir with a pretty conventional name I reckon they could pretty much pick any name they wanted.
So who knows? we might see an unusual or more modern name perhaps?
That would be exciting.
A Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana would be nice. Or Prince Thomas Charles Spencer.

Last edited:
I reckon if the baby is a girl there will definitely be Diana in its name. But with the second baby and since they have provided an heir with a pretty conventional name I reckon they could pretty much pick any name they wanted.
So who knows? we might see an unusual or more modern name perhaps?
That would be exciting.
A Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana would be nice. Or Prince Thomas Charles Spencer.

Charlotte and Thomas are Modern :ermm:

Charlotte would not be out of place. A very traditional name that has been used in the royal family before.
Charlotte Stewart: daughter of James II, died as an infant
Charlotte of Mecklenberg: queen consort of George III
Charlotte of Wurtemberg: her daughter,
Charlotte of Wales: daughter of George IV, would have been queen instead of Victoria, if she hadn't died in childbirth. First wife of Leopold I of Belgium
Charlotte of Clarence: daughter of William IV, died shortly after birth
Charlotte of Prussia: Victoria's granddaughter by her daughter Victoria

Thomas is also an old traditional name found in the family tree, especially in the Beaufort line (from which Henry VIII is descended)

Thomas, Earl of Norfolk: son of Edward I
Thomas, Duke of Exeter: son of John of Gaunt
Thomas of Woodstock, Duke of Gloucester: youngest of Edward III
Thomas of York: a young brother of Edward IV and Richard III

As both Thomas (Carole's maternal grandfather) and Charlotte (Pippa's middle name) are Middleton names as well, could be good to use either

Elizabeth is the perfect mix of both families. Not only honors the queen and queen mum, but Kate's family. Not only is it Kate and Carole's middle name, but Kate's great grandmother's name (Carole's maternal grandmother).

For a boy, I would include the masculine spelling of Frances, again as a nod both to Michael and Diana.

ideas:

*Princess Mary's first name was Victoria. Don't see them pairing Mary Margaret (sounds like a nun)

Prince Philip Frances Charles- DOE, Frances for Michael and Diana, Charles for Grandpa
Prince Arthur Frederick John- Frederick both royal and Kate's family, John for the Spencers

Nice suggestions. Though generally, Francis is a male name and Frances is the female version in English. E.g. King Francis II of France; Diana Frances Spencer :flowers:

Last edited:
Nice suggestions. Though generally, Francis is a male name and Frances is the female version in English. E.g. King Francis II of France; Diana Frances Spencer :flowers:
I think that person covered that. Francis is Michaels middle name and Frances Dianas. So one of those names would cover both of those persons, and the version would depend on the sex of the baby :)

^ if you read their full post, you'll see that Frances appears in the male name suggestions and Francis appears in the female name suggestions.

^ if you read their full post, you'll see that Frances appears in the male name suggestions and Francis appears in the female name suggestions.
Ok, I just assumed the names was in the right spot. Probably honest mistake from the writer.

ideas:

Spot on - although you might find the names above are used in different combinations :)

A girl - Princess Victoria Elizabeth Francis
A boy - Prince Albert William Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
A girl - Princess Victoria Elizabeth Francis
A boy - Prince Albert William Michael

Think you may be spot on with a name for a little girl but think a boy would more likely be Michael Albert William.

I don't see them using Michael at all!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't see them using Michael at all!!

Me too - if they use any form of Michael Carole/Caroline, the DM will have a field day with it.

Screw the Daily Mail. It is their kid and they can name it want they want. Naming a child after its grandparents isn't unheard of.

LOL I don't see them calling their child Michael or Carole! LOL

They could go even weirder with Michaela for a girl and Carroll for a boy. :whistling:

:ROFLMAO: Jokes aside, I don't even think they will name the baby after their parents at all, but who knows! We know pretty well how much Kate is attached to her family.

Screw the Daily Mail. It is their kid and they can name it want they want. Naming a child after its grandparents isn't unheard of.

Of course they can do whatever they want, but the derision would come down on Mike and Carole. I'll bet they don't want their names anywhere near Kate's children.

Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

I bet William, Kate, Mike & Carole don't give two hoots about what the Daily Mail or its wacko comment section would say. The Middletons worked hard and made their own fortune, they are happily married and provided a top notch education for their kids who are happy to spend time with their parents even as adults. Most people would want that. That is literally the American dream but some how that is looked down upon in the UK as social climbing.

Last edited:
^^^ Tall poppy syndrome, its the British disease.

I bet William, Kate, Mike & Carole don't give two hoots about what the Daily Mail or its wacko comment section would say. The Middletons worked hard and made their own fortune, they are happily married and provided a top notch education for their kids who are happy to spend time with their parents even as adults. Most people would want that. That is literally the American dream but some how that is looked down upon in the UK as social climbing.

It is indeed the American dream.

I'm sure whatever the baby's name is, it will be nice. I got my "Alexander" pick for George, and for some odd reason I'm happy about that.

That is a good reason to feel happy. Alexander was kind of George's out of nowhere name so that make it pretty impressive ?

It would not be a stretch to think that Elizabeth would be included somewhere if it's a girl.

Somehow, I don't think you're right - I think they are very sensitive to negative press.

Hey, I personally think they should honor ALL parents and grandparents in their choice of names.

I don't think they will have family names they didn't last time. But because we know every name in the BRF we can always say oh yes that name must be for great great uncle etc when in fact they just liked the name.

Somehow, I don't think you're right - I think they are very sensitive to negative press.

For their sakes i hope not. :sad: To pay attention to one's press (at their level) is a sure and certain path to craziness. In their position they need to be protected from it absolutely. Their staff can pay attention, they don't have to. JMO. :flowers:

Prince Edmund sounds like he should be in Narnia...or Blackadder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom