Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Margaret Elizabeth Diana Mary for a girl :flowers:

Micheal Philip Albert for a boy :flowers:

Last edited:
I don't see them using Margaret.

For a girl, I would not be surprised if she were not "Diana Elizabeth", perhaps a third name thrown in like Mary.

A boy will be something very predictable.. Arthur likely, maybe Phillip.

I don't see them using Margaret.

For a girl, I would not be surprised if she were not "Diana Elizabeth", perhaps a third name thrown in like Mary.

A boy will be something very predictable.. Arthur likely, maybe Phillip.

Would love the girls name if for no other reason then to see the Diana haters self-combust ha ha I think your a bit of a devil GracieGiraffe

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Would love the girls name if for no other reason then to see the Diana haters self-combust ha ha I think your a bit of a devil GracieGiraffe

I could have said the same about the Diana's supporters if her name is not used, but I don't. I will respect the parents' choice regardless of whether they call the baby Diana or not.

Seeing as how there are no "Diana Haters" around it would be impossible for them to self combust.

Some of us can just see that William & Catherine naming a daughter Diana would send the press into a frenzy and the child would grow up being constantly compared to her late grandmother. You could also clearly see them comparing how much the child was like Diana & unlike Carole.
I hope that they honour Diana, and Williams grandmother, by using Frances.

They could go for Alice and end up with an Alice and George....

Sonia's parents were Alice and George :lol:
Edith's parents were Alice and George...:lol:

What better way to truly say what they feel about a certain person....:whistling:
(Sorry had to go there)

Last edited:

Hahaha! I am not trying to be a devil here, and I know all the pros and cons with the name Diana. I am just making a prediction - I think he's going to do it.

Unless it's a boy, of course. :p

They could go for Alice and end up with an Alice and George....

Sonia's parents were Alice and George :lol:
Edith's parents were Alice and George...:lol:

What better way to truly say what they feel about a certain person....:whistling:
(Sorry had to go there)

Sorry you're lost me don't know what your hidden meaning is

Sorry you're lost me don't know what your hidden meaning is

I believe Sonia and Edith are Camilla's mother and grandmother, so the poster is saying that it'd imply that Will and Kate have a good relationship with the Duchess of Cornwall.

I believe Sonia and Edith are Camilla's mother and grandmother, so the poster is saying that it'd imply that Will and Kate have a good relationship with the Duchess of Cornwall.

Thank you. I cannot think of any words to reply to that except desperate

I thought the story was that Princess Margaret was supposed to be names Anne Margaret because they thought Elizabeth and Anne of York were a great pair of names for royal sisters until George V vetoed at which point Anne Margaret became Margaret Rose.

Thank you for the information
I always thought Margaret Rose was a lovely name anyway but strange that George V vetoed it

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

Alice Keppel was Edward VII's mistress towards the later part of his life. Alice's daughter Sonia was born during this time frame which rumors suggest that the girl was the King's instead of her husband George.

Alice's great granddaughter is Camilla and Edward VII's great great grandson is Charles.

Last edited:
I have a feeling the child will be another boy.

Carole Middleton had two girls and then a boy; I think Kate will be the reverse, with two boys and then a girl.

(Yes, I realize that is totally illogical, but that's what I think will happen).

Skippyboo,
Alice Keppel was not Edward's mistress.
Sonia is George Keppel's daughter.
Edward VII is Prince Charles' great great grandfather.

Last edited:
Skippyboo,
Alice Keppel was not Edward's mistress.
Sonia is George Keppel's daughter.
Edward VII is Prince Charles' great great grandfather.

My bad for missing a great. You go over to Wikipedia and fix Alice Keppel entry then.

Anyways we are off topic.

My vote is Sybil Marigold because we know they loved Downton and they already did before with George. ?

Wikipedia is not accurate.

If you look at the history sectiion you will see all the changes over the years.

Alice is a perfect name as Alice Edmonstone was born April 29th and not October 14th as Wikipedia had for so many years.

I am still willing to put money down on Diana Elizabeth.

I would take you up but it is probably against forum rules.

The baby would be born around QEII's birthday and in the year she surpasses Victoria. No way in the world would William's mother come before the Queen.

IMO, George was named after his maternal male cousins in the order of their mother's birth.

If baby Cambridge is a girl, William can name her after her eldest maternal female cousins starting with her youngest sibling so the baby will be named:

Princess Kitty

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, George was named after his maternal male cousins in the order of their mother's birth.

If baby Cambridge is a girl, William can name her after her eldest maternal female cousins starting with her youngest sibling so the baby will be named:

Princess Kitty

That's horrible! :ROFLMAO:

Personally I don't believe William gave his cousins a thought...the names the Cambridges chose are very common in their circle.

Last edited:
A lot of names are out of fashion but the minute a royal or celebrity uses the name for their child it is the height of fashion.

I had said something very similar in the part of my post that wasn't quoted. Names like Evelyn, which were viewed as old fashioned before they were used by celebrities, now seem to be considered as "vintage names that are coming back into fashion". When I hear people say that Rose is old fashioned, I'm always surprised because it has always felt rather modern or "in with the times" for me, but I do understand it is a vintage name. But Joan and Marjorie just seem a little too dated for a 2015 baby, though that's just IMO (and I might be biased, since I've never really been a fan of those names).

What about Thomas for a boy?
It's been used by royalty in the past and is a classic name.

That's a nice suggestion, Thomas is a handsome name and I like the idea of Prince Thomas of Cambridge. Thomas Arthur would be a lovely combination, but I can't think of a third name to go with it.

Why do I get the feeling this name is going to take us all by suprise..Maybe they have a completely unthought of name but still classic such as Tabitha or Genevieve,Collin or Simon and the queen gives her blessing?

Would that be such a bad thing?

I also can't really see that coming. I've also never really viewed Tabitha and Collin (over here it's usually spelt as Colin, and I view it as a bit of a dad's name) as classics.

Having said that, Andrew wasn't a British Royal name until HM and Prince Philip used it for their third child in 1960, so perhaps they will go for that route (if they did though, I still doubt it would be something like Colin or Tabitha, but perhaps something more like Genevieve or a "modern classic"). But then again, one of Prince Philip's Greek family members was an Andrew, so I guess it's an honour name.

Princess Kitty

And you think Diana is a long shot? :eek:

Why do you think he was named after the Spencers? They weren't even invited to George's christening.

I had said something very similar in the part of my post that wasn't quoted. Names like Evelyn, which were viewed as old fashioned before they were used by celebrities, now seem to be considered as "vintage names that are coming back into fashion". When I hear people say that Rose is old fashioned, I'm always surprised because it has always felt rather modern or "in with the times" for me, but I do understand it is a vintage name. But Joan and Marjorie just seem a little too dated for a 2015 baby, though that's just IMO (and I might be biased, since I've never really been a fan of those names).

That's a nice suggestion, Thomas is a handsome name and I like the idea of Prince Thomas of Cambridge. Thomas Arthur would be a lovely combination, but I can't think of a third name to go with it.

I also can't really see that coming. I've also never really viewed Tabitha and Collin (over here it's usually spelt as Colin, and I view it as a bit of a dad's name) as classics.

Having said that, Andrew wasn't a British Royal name until HM and Prince Philip used it for their third child in 1960, so perhaps they will go for that route (if they did though, I still doubt it would be something like Colin or Tabitha, but perhaps something more like Genevieve or a "modern classic"). But then again, one of Prince Philip's Greek family members was an Andrew, so I guess it's an honour name.

I like Thomas, much more than some of the other likely choices - like Arthur, Alfred

Andrew was more than one of Prince Philip's family members names. It was the name of Philip's father.

So that would be equivalent to W&K naming the baby Michael.

Michael is a very nice name, too, although we do have a living Prince Michael.

For George, I always hoped for a David - a nod to the patron saint of Wales, where Will and Kate spent so many happy years. And I like the name, too.

I think it's so funny that people think that the baby could be named after camillias grandmother or great grandmothers etc etc or that george was named after spencer cousins etc.
William and Kate aren't that crazy I'm sure they don't sit around working out coded names with hidden meanings they are sane people

I think it's so funny that people think that the baby could be named after camillias grandmother or great grandmothers etc etc or that george was named after spencer cousins etc.
William and Kate aren't that crazy I'm sure they don't sit around working out coded names with hidden meanings they are sane people

In the U.S. people were wondering if George was named after George Washington. That set off British commentors on message boards and the whole thing became quite funny.

Coded names... great idea! Martha Louise of Norway stated her daughter Leah was named after Princess Leia. Maybe they could go with Hollywood royal character.. Belle, Aurora, Ariel.

I don't think William has to use Diana to make his feelings known. He gave Kate her ring that is seen every time she's out in public a constant and beautiful reminder

I can't see a daughter not having some reference to Diana - it's just a question of how prominent. And if there's a reference to Diana, there must be a direct reference to the Queen.

Edward VIII's full name was Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom