Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they went with Frederick, then their two kids are named after the Weasley twins from Harry Potter.

:lol:

And if it's a girl, they can name her after Ginny. Princess Ginevra of Cambridge. :lol:

We need a Percy and a Ron

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Look, it was said that Kate was a H.P. fan and had read all the books, at the time of the trip the Royal Trio made to that Harry Potter attraction thing. So there could well be a Prince Frederick Ronald. Lol.

Look, it was said that Kate was a H.P. fan and had read all the books, at the time of the trip the Royal Trio made to that Harry Potter attraction thing. So there could well be a Prince Frederick Ronald. Lol.

The name Ronald would be a nice tribute to Catherine's maternal grandfather, Ronald Goldsmith.

The name Ronald would be a nice tribute to Catherine's maternal grandfather, Ronald Goldsmith.

But an unfortunate nod to Ronald Reagan.

But a good nod to Ronald Weasley!

(Although I can't picture a Prince Ronald)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Also the headlines would be "Bonny Prince Ronnie"

Also the headlines would be "Bonny Prince Ronnie"

That's cute. OR... they could go for Leroy. That way both George and Leroy would be kings. (Leroy = Le Roi, the king in french).

I would be absolutely astonished if a Princess is named anything other than Elizabeth. I really haven't any gut feeling for a new Prince - but I was right about George.

I would love to see Mary Elizabeth Victoria. :flowers:

I was convinced their first baby would be a boy named George. And that he would be born July 22, the day Venus passed the star Regulus. When everything came true I was shocked. I certainly don't believe in psychics but I do believe in luck.
I won't ever be that lucky again with the second baby, so I won't bother with any grand guesses. So I'll just discuss royal names I like.

boy- Fredrick, Philip, Leopold or Arthur
girl- Matilda, Charlotte, or Alice

I would love to see Mary Elizabeth Victoria. :flowers:

I have a very strong feeling that they'll go with something simple like Mary for the first name that will be solely associated with the wee princess. Mary is great for pairing with a second name such as you suggested, Elizabeth.

I kind of like Mary Alice myself. :D

I have a very strong feeling that they'll go with something simple like Mary for the first name that will be solely associated with the wee princess. Mary is great for pairing with a second name such as you suggested, Elizabeth.

I kind of like Mary Alice myself. :D

I hope they don't use 'Mary' as a first name. It's a bit too plain. It would be good for one of the middle names though.

After much consideration I think a little princess will be Victoria Elizabeth Caroline Frances

I was convinced their first baby would be a boy named George. And that he would be born July 22, the day Venus passed the star Regulus. When everything came true I was shocked. I certainly don't believe in psychics but I do believe in luck.
I won't ever be that lucky again with the second baby, so I won't bother with any grand guesses. So I'll just discuss royal names I like.

boy- Fredrick, Philip, Leopold or Arthur
girl- Matilda, Charlotte, or Alice

Give us the grand guess, it would be fun to see if you get it right again.

Here's my guess:

Prince Philip Michael Charles

Princess Alice Elizabeth Carlotta, or
Princess Alice Elizabeth Frances

:flowers:

If a boy, Prince Philip, though they will likely have a second name they use for regular every-day use. I'm not keen on the name Philip, just think it's a name that will show up. I think Prince Alexander would be attractive.

For a girl I am partial to Princess Mary. Very sweet. :) Elizabeth is likely to show up but I hope not as the first name.

Last edited:
Give us the grand guess, it would be fun to see if you get it right again.

Seriously, the first time around I just got lucky. I picked a boy to spite the media that was demanding a girl(Queen Diana!). Then I picked George because it was the only King name not currently in use in the BRF, excluding John of course. Then I picked July 22 for the Venus/Regulus/full moon connection. It was just happenstance that everything fell my way. Though, I was bitter that I didn't place a monetary bet.

This new baby doesn't matter gender-wise, the media won't get the Queen Diana they wanted. Picking a name is 20 times harder now because the couple aren't limited to names of past monarchs. And I can't even guess a whimsical due date based on astrology because they haven't released their due month. I'd be grasping blind here.

So my grand guess isn't grand at all. If they have another boy, and the DoE predeceases the birth, they will name the baby Prince Philip. Hardly earth shattering...

Seriously, the first time around I just got lucky. I picked a boy to spite the media that was demanding a girl(Queen Diana!). Then I picked George because it was the only King name not currently in use in the BRF, excluding John of course. Then I picked July 22 for the Venus/Regulus/full moon connection. It was just happenstance that everything fell my way. Though, I was bitter that I didn't place a monetary bet.

Ah, yes, I can relate, being a betting woman as I am. ;)

:p

Last edited:
George it is rumored to be named after his father's maternal male first cousins.
George Alexander Louis
George: Sarah's son
Alexander: Jane's son
Louis: Charles' son

If this is the case, maybe if it is a girl they will name it after Catherine's female first cousins.

Does anyone have any knowledge of Catherine's cousins both male & female?

The best I could come up with is the uncles.
Richard Simon Nicholas but if they use those names for a second son, I think it will be Nicholas Richard Simon or Nicholas Simon Richard.

Peerage only lists Richard Middleton with a son Adam.

If no girls on Catherine's side maybe they will use.
Emily Laura Kitty (William's maternal first cousins)
Elizabeth Cynthia Diana (His maternal aunts & his mother's name.)

Last edited:
George it is rumored to be named after his father's maternal male first cousins.
George Alexander Louis
George: Sarah's son
Alexander: Jane's son
Louis: Charles' son

Afaik, this was indeed rumoured but the rumour was started by Diana-fans on the internet who still think she is all that matters in their children's lives... sorry to be so harsh, but this is the problems with rumours is once they are started they never go away anymore...

Afaik, this was indeed rumoured but the rumour was started by Diana-fans on the internet who still think she is all that matters in their children's lives... sorry to be so harsh, but this is the problems with rumours is once they are started they never go away anymore...

They will latch onto anything!

George - Regnal name of William's great grandfather and of 5 other kings
Alexander - The Duke of Gloucester's son is Alexander, Earl of Ulster and is a contemporary of Prince William
Louis - Part of Williams own name and honours Lord Mountbatten.

I am no way a Diana fan but I can clearly see the link.

George's first name is the name of the son of his mother's first sibling.
Alexander is George's second name and the name of the son of his mother's second sibling.
Louis is George's third name and the name of the son of his mother's third sibling.

William and Catherine did not actually state why they chose the name. They may have liked the name and in addition wanted to honor his mother by using the names of member of her side of the family. The fact that they correspond to names with a royal connection was a plus.

The order of his mother's sibling matches the order of George's name is too much of a coincidence to be lightly dismissed.

Last edited:
You can also argue George is for George VI - the Queen's beloved father and one of Charles's names. Alexander is the male version of Alexandria which is one of the Queen's middle names. Louis is one of William's names and the late Lord Mountbatten's name.

Also the only side of the Spencer family that William is close to is Aunt Sarah. Other than attending 2 weddings of Laura Fellows and Emily McCorquodale, we never see him with his Spencer cousins. He actually missed Alexander Fellowes wedding which Harry went to.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

George has been used 22 times in the BRF since 1714. Its a beautiful Hanoverian name.

After much consideration I think a little princess will be Victoria Elizabeth Caroline Frances
I think all of these names are quite possible. However, if it's a girl, I will bet that Diana is in there somewhere.

Princess Charlene will deliver 4-5 months before Catherine and it is possible that the choices Albert & Charlene use to name their babies may have an effect on the name/s William & Catherine choose to name their infant/s.

Although Monaco is French speaking, it does not mean their children will have “French” names. Both Albert & Charlene have “English” named family members.

They will latch onto anything!

George - Regnal name of William's great grandfather and of 5 other kings
Alexander - The Duke of Gloucester's son is Alexander, Earl of Ulster and is a contemporary of Prince William
Louis - Part of Williams own name and honours Lord Mountbatten.

And plenty of people said Alexander was a way to honor the Queen since one of her middle name is Alexandra

I doubt what Charlene name her kids would affect what Kate name hers

I doubt what Charlene name her kids would affect what Kate name hers

It might; I've thought that it would be unlikely for them to name a daughter Eleanor, even though it has been the name of several queens.

(Simply because so many young royals in Europe currently have variations of that name).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom