Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could be ultra modern and hip and let George name her :)

The most beautiful name is Princess Mary-of-the-Snow, which is the translation of Princesse Marie-des-Neiges de Bourbon de Parme (an aunt to the four Dutch De Bourbon de Parmes). Or to Doña María de las Nieves, Infanta of Portugal. What a beautiful dreamy name that is.... the Snow Princess....

:flowers:

Last edited:
Amaryllus, Christina reminds me of Christabelle~

What's taking them so long to reveal the name of Princess baby girl Cambridge?

They have to show her to the queen first and get (ceremonial?) approval of the name before they can publicly announc it.

Christina maked me think of Queen Christina of Sweden... Very colorful and controversial figure who defied gender roles and a pretty good queen also.

Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

Nice Name. I know who Elizabeth and Diana are name after Obviously but I wonder who Charlotte is named after or if they just like the name?

Nice Name. I know who Elizabeth and Diana are name after Obviously but I wonder who Charlotte is named after or if they just like the name?

It's a royal name - Queen Charlotte George III's wife and Princess Charlotte, Queen Victoria's aunt.

It's probably not after anyone in particular but it makes me think Pippa will be Godmother now as it's her middle name.

And I totally knew that they wouldn't mind including Diana for whatever reason! She's William mother besides all!

Charles must be thrilled, whether it was after him or not. Very nice choice.

It's a good name, haven't had many Royal with this name for a while, but I was so eager for Alice.
I'm glad that Diana is In her middle name

I really wanted Alice too, was eager for it as well. Ever since Louise was not called Alice I was hoping for a Princess Alice. Maybe Harry's future kids will keep me happy with a little Alice!

And I totally knew that they wouldn't mind including Diana for whatever reason! She's William mother besides all!

And they did it in a way to honor both paternal grandparents. Very tactful if you ask me.

It looks like they went with public opinion again, although Alice was still more popular and a better name in my opinion. Apparently, Charlotte was also one of Diana's choice for a girl.

Love it! I got 2 out of three correct -- Charlotte Elizabeth. I thought Frances rather than Diana.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge chose a lovely name for their daughter. It honors both sides of her family.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

With the name announcement, please head over to the birth thread for further discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom