Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't explain it but I just don't like the idea of Victoria!

Charlotte, Cecily, Clara, Helena or Alexandra would be nice.

I've seen where the name Elvis is a very long shot but that brought to mind a name I'd not want to see for a daughter. Priscilla. Can you imagine a Princess Prissy? Team her up with Princess Michael and the headlines could read like a tongue twister. "Princess Prissy and Princess Pushy pledge to perform pantomimes for the public".

pfffffffffts! :p

I've seen where the name Elvis is a very long shot but that brought to mind a name I'd not want to see for a daughter. Priscilla. Can you imagine a Princess Prissy? Team her up with Princess Michael and the headlines could read like a tongue twister. "Princess Prissy and Princess Pushy pledge to perform pantomimes for the public".

pfffffffffts! :p

I'm no fan of the name Priscilla either but one of my former co-workers used it for her daughter a few years ago and nicknamed her Cici. That's better than Prissy, for sure, lol.
http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I checked Ladbrokes on the betting odds for Patricia. The name doesn't even show up, but Penelope does. :flowers: Now that would be a musical name: Princess Penelope. (The name always reminds me of the word calliope. I have very fond memories of a calliope, played at a amusement park my family visited when I was young).

LINK: Royalty betting odds | bet Online at Ladbrokes.com

Alice, Charlotte, and Elizabeth remain in the lead but there's been some jockeying, with Charlotte now edging out Elizabeth. Still a close one, with Alice the clear favorite.

Arthur remains the inexplicable favorite for a boy at 12/1. :sad: Followed by a distant James at 20/1. If it must be either I say go for James. Henry, Philipp and William make no sense showing up in the list (I call that sand-bagging) given there are three living breathing examples of each current in the BRF. Albert would be acceptable but at 25/1 it's a question, though there are a staggering twenty-six (26) names coming in at 25/1 odds. :ermm: Elvis is 1,000/1. Joffrey is kinda cute. (500/1). Wouldn't the English spelling be Geoffrey? Now that sounds very classy: Prince Geoffrey. I like it. Has a modern ring as well as having antecedents.

There's a living, breathing example of James in the Royal Family: Viscount Severn. And since he's only 7 or 8, he would be much closer in age to the new baby than Prince Philip (I don't see them using William or Henry as a first name). But I do think that it'll be Arthur if it's a boy.

Ireland wales

Ireland wales Paris wales Alexander Wales Smith wales Georgia wales

Prince wales

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope for a girl and that they honor her with the names of the last three Princess Royal because she will be the Next Princess Royal. She will be Mary Anne Louise. If the baby is a boy I say name him Albert Phillip Charles. That will be after the child's Great Grandfather and Grandfather as well as Queen Victoria husband.

Ooooh...Never thought about possible names for a Baby Princess in that way, but what a great idea!! You're right if it is a girl, at some point in time she will be The Princess Royal, so why not? Plus, regardless of the combination, those names sound lovely together.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Ooooh...Never thought about possible names for a Baby Princess in that way, but what a great idea!! You're right if it is a girl, at some point in time she will be The Princess Royal, so why not? Plus, regardless of the combination, those names sound lovely together.

There can only be one Princess Royal at a time, so as long as Princess Anne is alive the title cannot be given to anyone else.

As I've said before, the title or style of Princess Royal is in the gift of the monarch and is not automatically given. Princess Mary, the last Princess Royal, died in 1965, but the Queen waited until 1987 before bestowing the title on her daughter. It was in recognition of Anne's years of charity work.

Let us not get ahead of ourselves by discussing whether or not the new royal baby will one day become Princess Royal - that can be discussed in the appropriate thread once we know if it is even going to be a girl!

Let us not get ahead of ourselves by discussing whether or not the new royal baby will one day become Princess Royal - that can be discussed in the appropriate thread once we know if it is even going to be a girl!

Jacknch, how correct you are! The new baby may be a Prince.

If the baby is born on their anniversary they might use Andrew as one of the names since they met at St. Andrews.

Or if by chance a girl they can use Ann (iversay) in her name.:lol:

Last edited:
A few bickering posts have been removed. Please remember that one of our forum rules is to treat your fellow members with the same courtesy you wish to receive.

JessRulz
British Forum Moderator

Baby2 is taking so long that i've changed my mind about the possible names :lol:
i'm now going with Matilda for a girl and Matthew for a boy

Ok, here I go

They named their first one George (tradition) Alexander (not out of tradition, but mostly because they like it I suppose) Louis (one of William's names who honours some one that I can't recall right now).

I'm not a british royal family name expert like some of you beautifuly are (I can't get enough of the many listings, names' histories) but my guess is that they might choose a combination of the following ones:

GIRL: Victoria (Charles is said to like the name and W&K might take his advice),
Charlotte
Alice (very traditional)
Mary (very traditional and so beautiful IMO)
Alexandra
Elisabeth (so obvious)
Margareth (why not?)

they can surprise us with some "out of the box" name but I don't think they'd choose something like Kayla (trend & fashion :lol:). They'd go for Emily or something like that, more traditional.

As for the name Diana, I can see they choosing it if they both like the name. I don't think William would not choose it because of it's package or whatever, it's his late mother's name and he should use it if they like. I love my late mother but I wouldn't use her name for my daughter as I don't like it :lol:

BOY

Arthur (one of William's names as they did with Louis for George)
Michael (obvious)
David
Philip
Charles (ohh little prince Charlie... unlikely, but it would be adorable)
Leopold (very old but who knows :lol:)
Albert (not my first choice, I don't like it)

If they don't use any royal name, they might choose something like Anthony. Some of you have said Jonathon and I absolutely love it!

It would be AWESOME if it was a girl named CAROLINE My name was CarolinA (not with "E") before I born untill my mother found out that the Prince of Monaco's daughter name was CAROLINE so I was named after Princess Caroline of Monaco and I'm very proud of it :D

Kate's mother name is Carole, so almost there :lol:

of course this is my guesses, not that they could have other things in mind...

May names ...

Mabel Anna Elizabeth
Maisie Victoria Charlotte
Flora May Benedikte
May Gwenevere Jane

Hugh Peter Philip
Euan Henry Michael
Maynard William Bruce
Peter Harewood David

For a girl I would ike:
Margot, Charlotte, Alice, Mathilda or Victoria.

For a boy:
Arthur or Leopold (please please).

For a girl I would ike:
Margot, Charlotte, Alice, Mathilda or Victoria.

For a boy:
Arthur or Leopold (please please).

I like Leopold too, but as I said is a "bit old" but they might like it. It would be great to have a Prince Leopold of Cambridge or maybe they could use it for second or third name. It has some history! My first choice for a boy is Arthur, I love how it sounds in english or portuguese (my mother tongue).

Maybe I have a short imagination and little knowledge on royal names but I can't see them choosing other names for a girl then Alice, Charlotte or Victoria, I guess at least some of them will be definately on the little princess name. But my heart goes to Caroline (and you all wonder why :whistling:)

If it is a girl they may call her

Princess April May Bea:ermm::whistling:
:lol::D:lol::D

Right now, as its taking its own sweet time arriving, Kate just may be thinking the name April May June fitting. :whistling:

It will be a beautiful baby named, Princess Alice Phillipa Davina in honor of Prince Philip, Catherine's sister and Princess Diana with out the glaring name of Diana.:flowers:

I think if I was The Cambridge's it would be an honor to name my daughter after Prince Philips's mother who saved human beings. They want a traditional name that means something in history, so that their child would have those characteristics.

Last edited:
if it is a girl call her Athenia Diana and if it is a boy albert Richard murray

It will be a beautiful baby named, Princess Alice Phillipa Davina in honor of Prince Philip, Catherine's sister and Princess Diana with out the glaring name of Diana.:flowers:

I like Phillipa as well, it honors both her sister and DoE

I still think that if they both like Diana they will go for it. I can't imagine William saying no to his late mother name because of this or that. She was his mother, and whatever is the others opinion about her, I bet he has a better one and would love to honor her in some way (it may be not naming her Diana but with some other name from the Spencers).

I think if I was The Cambridge's it would be an honor to name my daughter after Prince Philips's mother who saved human beings. They want a traditional name that means something in history, so that their child would have those characteristics.

I doubt that would be her actual name, but I like it !

they need something different something really special not mary Victoria something different

they need something different something really special not mary Victoria something different

Its often been remarked that its got to be a girl if the baby is late. Never on time and keeps one waiting as they put the finishing touches on before the grand appearance.

My first reaction to a name for a girl was Mary as they'd have George and Mary after George V and Mary of Teck. As Mary of Teck was known as "May", should the baby be born after April 2015 has been relegated to history, they may name a daughter Mary but announce that she'll be known as May similar to what was done with Henry/Harry. Princess May of Cambridge. Has a good ring to it I think. :)

More guesses:

Girl:

Caroline Victoria Mary
Henriette/Henrietta Elizabeth Victoria
Alice Mary Victoria
Emma Elizabeth Mary
Elizabeth Mary Alexandra
Josephine Eleanor Victoria
Victoria Emma Elizabeth
Amalia Elizabeth Victoria
Isabella Victoria Elizabeth
Anne Elizabeth Victoria