Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if it is a girl it will be Alice Diana Elizabeth

boy Arthur albert charles

How about something outside the box like colleen or Brittany or Kayla

maybe it will something wild like Ireland or wales

Last edited by a moderator:
Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily

Oh wait, that's been taken.

I don't know what this baby's name will be but I do know it will have one.
And it will be either a girl or a boy so...all sorted !

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't know what this baby's name will be but I do know it will have one.
And it will be either a girl or a boy so...all sorted !

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

If your claims prove correct, I will wonder if you have the gift of second sight. :p

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously:

April 25 is the birthday of the original Princess Alice, Queen Victoria's daughter and Prince Philip's great-grandmother (the woman who Prince Philip's mother Alice was named after).

May increase the chance of Alice being in the name if the baby is born today and is a girl?

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously:

April 25 is the birthday of the original Princess Alice, Queen Victoria's daughter and Prince Philip's great-grandmother (the woman who Prince Philip's mother Alice was named after).

May increase the chance of Alice being in the name if the baby is born today and is a girl?

That would be wonderful, I've always admired Princess Alice. Here is a link telling of her risking her own life to help Jews during the Holocaust:

Princess Alice - The Righteous Among The Nations - Yad Vashem

If this were my daughter, I would not hesitate to name her after Alice.

I think a May baby would be nice. :flowers: Anyway, the child will be a Taurus: "Security, Subtle strength, Appreciation, Instruction, Patience". That, at least, we now know for certain.

Princess Patricia came up in conversation. That would be unique! We'd have a Princess Pat. Very earthy sounding. If it's a girl. :p

If a boy, Prince Padraic. ;) Then we'd have Prince Paddy.

Last edited:
:previous:

Oh, I love the name Patricia - I think it would be a nice choice and a little different.....but I prefer the full name rather than Pat!

I think Princess Patricia of Connaught was born on March 17, St Patrick's Day. I have an idea that Patricia was not her first name though.

I think Princess Patricia of Connaught was born on March 17, St Patrick's Day. I have an idea that Patricia was not her first name though.

Her name was Victoria Patricia Helena Elizabeth.

During Queen Victoria's reign, most descendants had Victoria as her first name, and she generally just went by one of her other names. Which is why the name went completely out of vogue with the family as soon as the Queen died.

I like Princess Patricia - or Patsy, as she was called (sorry, NOT Pat!). Patsy and her sister Margaret (who is grandmother of the both Margrethe and Carl Gustaf) were among the most beautiful of Victoria's descendants.

I like the name; unexpected, underused, and pretty.

During Queen Victoria's reign, most descendants had Victoria as her first name, and she generally just went by one of her other names. Which is why the name went completely out of vogue with the family as soon as the Queen died.

I like Princess Patricia - or Patsy, as she was called (sorry, NOT Pat!). Patsy and her sister Margaret (who is grandmother of the both Margrethe and Carl Gustaf) were among the most beautiful of Victoria's descendants.

I like the name; unexpected, underused, and pretty.

No, no, no - not Patsy! :p

I like Princess Patricia - or Patsy, as she was called (sorry, NOT Pat!).

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, which is still in existence, was named after her, and was referred to as "the Princess Pats" during WWI.

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, which is still in existence, was named after her, and was referred to as "the Princess Pats" during WWI.

They still are and served w/both distinction and great cost in Afghanistan.

You know....If this Little One is a Princess, w/a Daddy who is the Honorary Colonel of The Irish Guards and Patricia being a Family name...Maybe not that much of a stretch to think of as an option for the names for a Baby Princess.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

If they were to suprise everyone it would be an old classic conservative name like Simon or Tabitha or Marjorie not trendy and out of place in the BRF.

If it's a girl I like Alice or Mary.

I just hope it's not something quite as predictable as George. I'm still disappointed in that choice...

I would be willing to bet my last M&M that both Kate and Wills are calling the wee one "Hurritte" Those two have to be the most impatient of all of us for the wee one to be born.

I checked Ladbrokes on the betting odds for Patricia. The name doesn't even show up, but Penelope does. :flowers: Now that would be a musical name: Princess Penelope. (The name always reminds me of the word calliope. I have very fond memories of a calliope, played at a amusement park my family visited when I was young).

LINK: Royalty betting odds | bet Online at Ladbrokes.com

Alice, Charlotte, and Elizabeth remain in the lead but there's been some jockeying, with Charlotte now edging out Elizabeth. Still a close one, with Alice the clear favorite.

Arthur remains the inexplicable favorite for a boy at 12/1. :sad: Followed by a distant James at 20/1. If it must be either I say go for James. Henry, Philipp and William make no sense showing up in the list (I call that sand-bagging) given there are three living breathing examples of each current in the BRF. Albert would be acceptable but at 25/1 it's a question, though there are a staggering twenty-six (26) names coming in at 25/1 odds. :ermm: Elvis is 1,000/1. Joffrey is kinda cute. (500/1). Wouldn't the English spelling be Geoffrey? Now that sounds very classy: Prince Geoffrey. I like it. Has a modern ring as well as having antecedents.

Last edited:
"Joffrey" is a Game of Thrones reference. (And he's pretty evil in Game of Thrones, so let's hope they don't go with that name. :ohmy: )

I think Victoria would be a lovely name. Mathilde & Mary also is nice.

I have a feeling their little GIRL'S name will be a name we haven't even thought of! Nothing unusual, just a name that has not been mentioned.

The Queen Mother's 2nd and 3rd names were unusual for 1900.

- Elizabeth Angela Marguerite.

No idea what William/Catherine will call their little GIRL.

Last edited:
I have a feeling their little GIRL'S name will be a name we haven't even thought of! Nothing unusual, just a name that has not been mentioned.

The Queen Mother's 2nd and 3rd names were unusual for 1900.

- Elizabeth Angela Marguerite.

No idea what William/Catherine will call their little GIRL.

Margrethe would be also nice.

I don't see Margrethe or Marguerite being used for a British princess, pretty as those name are. It will almost certainly be a traditional, British name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom