Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will never use Mary Anne Louise. I don't think they liked George, I think it was used because it was appropriate. John is never used, as they think it is bad luck. Diana, is a possibility or Frances, Elizabeth, but I doubt Carole, except in the middle. It would be ground breaking. Where did you get Edith, a name they have never used and no one today uses.

I think Charlotte would be a good choice, as it would honor both the Prince of Wales and Carole Middleton.

Charlotte Elizabeth Victoria.

They will never use Mary Anne Louise. I don't think they liked George, I think it was used because it was appropriate. John is never used, as they think it is bad luck. Diana, is a possibility or Frances, Elizabeth, but I doubt Carole, except in the middle. It would be ground breaking. Where did you get Edith, a name they have never used and no one today uses.

I'm sure they must have liked George as a name. And Edith comes from Edith of Wessex, Queen Consort.

I'd love a Princess Amelia, but just my opinion of course! Or Charlotte.

Hurrah, the baby may be born in May!
What if the Cambridges surprise everyone by only using names that were given to royal babies in May?

I think it is too far to say she will give birth in may, these are predictions after all, but everything must be taken into account:)

The official announcement said a baby in April. :)

O course thye come when they are ready but we can all try and guess what the day will be since this thread is supposed to contain such discussions LOL. I think the due date is end of April as well, but the baby may "decide" to arrive later or earlier since this oneis the second pregnancy. And since the palace said that she was 16 weeks along on the 13 november I think she now is around the 33 weeks...

When did the palace say she was 16 weeks along?

When did the palace say she was 16 weeks along?

When she attend the training of young athletes in November, the article on their official site reports. "The duchess, who is 16 weeks pregnant"...
http

://www.dukeandduchessofcambridge.org/news-and-diary/the-duchess-of-cambridge-attends-sportsaid-athlete-workshop

I guess it is quite reliable, isn'it?

Last edited:
I can't imagine she's due in May. She's already quite quite a belly showing. The type women have during that last month or two.

LaRae

Uhm I didn't say she is due in May! But if she is due in late April, let's say the 28th for example, she still has a chance to give birth in earty May! I believe nto anyway

That article suggests she is due in very late April, making a May baby entirely possible. Personally, I think she's huge now, I can't see her making it until May, but that does not mean she won't.

Another reason for using Francis/Frances as a 2nd+ name.

WE already know about Francis as the name of William's grandmother and it also appears on the Middleton side - GGFather I think, but it is Michael Middleton's 2nd name.

I've also found out that it is a name used in the Bowes-Lyon Family. The 13th Earl (Grandfather to QEQM) married a lady named Frances Smith (I was a tad surprised as well). They named their 2nd son Francis and the name has continued through the family since.

The other name which appears often is David. This must have been ironic for the QEQM as it was the name used by the Prince of Wales/EVIII before he abdicated.

I like the name a lot. And using it would meet all the family requirements.

The other name which appears often is David. This must have been ironic for the QEQM as it was the name used by the Prince of Wales/EVIII before he abdicated.

I like the name a lot. And using it would meet all the family requirements.

David is the given name of Viscount Linley, Princess Margarets' son.

I was originally thinking the baby would come at the end of April but it looks to me like the baby is starting to drop so I'm now thinking that the baby will be here around the middle of April.

For a girl: Charlotte Elisabeth Anne
For a boy: Arthur Philip Alexander

Just had a thought. As its been stated that perhaps the Cambridges want a big family, they could go really, really traditional and have all boys and name them George I, George II, George III and so forth.

(ducks and runs for cover) :D

Victoria Adelaide Julia

Patrick Philip Albert

I would love to see Patrick as a first name. It would be a lovely tribute to Ireland. I think Julia would be a nice first name too. It's traditional, with a touch of originality.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:) I thought of Queen Victoria Eugenia of Spain who had Julia as third name. It would be too sweet.

Princess Cecily Rose Victoria of Cambridge

Prince Christian Arthur Frederick of Cambridge

The child could be born on the WWI Centenary of Gallipoli; on the 25th April.

For lighthearted consideration - some WWI and ANZAC Day inspired guesses ...

Anzac Johnny Mehmet
Francis Cornwallis Anzac
Edgar Ataturk Wilfred

Matilda Gallipoli Tulip
Elizabeth Poppy Dardanelles
Serena Amity Pacifica

And an April the first birth! ...

Jerry Lewis Jokestar
Ronald Charles Marcel - Ronnie 3

Luna Trixie Belle
Houdinia Rose Hermione - HRH

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that is just too cute. Boris. Hmmm... interesting name that's not cropped up yet. :D

Now that is just too cute. Boris. Hmmm... interesting name that's not cropped up yet. :D

Prince Boris...well, it does have a ring to it. I highly doubt that it would be chosen, but it would certainly be different. In any case, I just enjoyed watching the corgi cuteness on display :D.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom