Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Kate and William will go outside the box and name the baby some name we wouldn't expect or surprise us with an unusual name.

I think the baby's name will be the same as some British prince or princess, whether quite recent, or used in the 1200's. I however, think recent is more likely.

Oh GG your not going to all traditional are you ? Was hoping for a few more left field from you ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Oh GG your not going to all traditional are you ? Was hoping for a few more left field from you ?

Well, if they'd let me pick......:p

I love traditional. If it were my kid (George had three names, so I'll go with three):

David Phillip Francis

Alice Elizabeth Matilda

Well, if they'd let me pick......:p

I love traditional. If it were my kid (George had three names, so I'll go with three):

David Phillip Francis

Alice Elizabeth Matilda

Very nice too I love Matilda

While I don't really care what they have, I am now starting to hope for a girl, as I really don't like any of the likely choices for a boy, except for Philip or David. I don't see them using Charles or Michael, which I also like.

If they have a boy, I do hope they go out on a bit of a limb, or with one of the four above.

Alexander is actually in quite a lot of royal family member's names. One of Prince Richard's middle names is Alexander, and his son is called Alexander with his grandson being called Xander. One of James, Viscount Severn's middle names is Alexander and the youngest child of King George V and Queen Mary was called Alexander John.

The name was probably introduced as a masculine form of Alexandra for Queen Alexandra.

I do believe that the Duke of Gloucester's grandson's name is Xan. :flowers:

For a Princess: Adeliza
Adeliza of Louvain was the second Queen Consort of King Henry I.

Adeliza is interesting, I rather like the sound of a little Princess Adeliza of Cambridge (it would be an unexpected twist on Adelaide). However, as much as I like the sound of Adeliza, I think it's perhaps a bit "out there" as a first name for a Princess, though who knows - William and Catherine could do a Victoria and Daniel and surprise us all. But, out of the medieval Royal names, I think Adela has a better chance of a revival.

Adeliza is interesting, I rather like the sound of a little Princess Adeliza of Cambridge (it would be an unexpected twist on Adelaide). However, as much as I like the sound of Adeliza, I think it's perhaps a bit "out there" as a first name for a Princess, though who knows - William and Catherine could do a Victoria and Daniel and surprise us all. But, out of the medieval Royal names, I think Adela has a better chance of a revival.

Adela was the name of a daughter of King William I.
Adela of Normandy is the mother of King Stephen of England.

Adela is very pretty. I agree we have more of a chance of that than Adeliza.

I always thought Diana liked Alethea for a girl? Eleanor is very pretty but there are quite a lot of young Leonor, Eleanors about; the King of Belgium's daughter, Princess Madelaine of Sweden's toddler, the eldest child of Felipe and Letizia of Spain, for example, so they might not pick it for that reason.

There is also a Countess Leonore of the Netherlands.

I personally don't think that's an issue. They should choose any name they please.

I think they'll stay traditional.

For a girl Victoria, Alice or Elizabeth (or combination thereof).
For a boy Louis, Bertie or Arthur.

As an aside is this baby Prince/ss or are they Lady/Lord Windsor? Have the LP's restricting the HRH Prince/ss to the eldest of the POW's eldest been changed or will this one have to wait until Grandpa is King to be HRH?

In 2012 the Queen issued new LPs giving HRH Prince/Princess styling to all of William's children so this new baby will be a Prince or Princess just like his/her older brother (who would have been under the existing LPs as a boy).

The Queen did this to ensure that if the first born was a girl she would also have been a Princess as the existing LPs only past on HRH to William's eldest son (during the current reign).

As things currently stand, Harry's children will be Lord/Lady Mountbatten-Windsor in this present reign but move up to Prince/Princess when Charles becomes King. Harry's eldest son would probably be known as 'Earl of xxxx' assuming that Harry is given the normal range of titles - Duke, Earl and Baron - on his wedding day.

Now I'm confused..
She's small like she was with PG
However, she's a bit fuller,thinking a girl.
I really need to see her with her coat off

Last edited:
I think Alice would be a wonderful name. Wasn't that Prince Philip's mother's name? I don't think Diana will be in any of the three names. Perhaps Frances but not Diana. Maybe Carole will be in there somewhere: Alice Frances Carole. I think that sounds nice. I'm not guessing a boy's name because I want a girl because I love how the British upper classes dress their girls.

If it's a girl I'd love the middle names Francis and Caroline.

Caroline for Carol Middleton
Francis for Michael Middleton and Princess Diana.

Princess Cecily Francis Caroline

Kate's very 'neat' as we would say in my part of the UK, which would usually suggest a girl - although I think she was equally neat with George. I suspect a girl will be Elizabeth as there has to be some reason that none of the Queen's children or grandchildren have so far honoured the Queen by giving their daughter her name as a first name. I think it'll definitely be in there somewhere.

Just so long as it's not Diana. Please, I'd take Chardonnay over that.

Last edited:
A lot of people suggest Carole - which I don't think will be used. The Middletons anyway get a lot of flak.

This would invite more. Not that the Cambridgeshire care about media gossip, but I'm sure they'll avoid it.

They could use another variant of Carole if they wanted.

Looking at her today, I sense it's another boy.

Just a question, but George was not named for any close male relative in any of his names so why is almost everyone certain she will have a Diana or Carole or Elisabeth or even named after all three in her name? You'd think they would have gone that way first time around if they cared to do that at all.

I, too, think they will follow the same trend they used when naming George. Pick out a name they like and go with it and steer away from naming the child "after" someone. These are aware parents that know their children will be in the media spotlight all of their lives and would want their children to have their own identities without all the namesake crapola that could come with it.

I'm still fairly certain that if its a girl, they'll go simple with a name like Mary and if its a boy, I get a feeling it'll be the same such as John or perhaps Richard.

Just a question, but George was not named for any close male relative in any of his names so why is almost everyone certain she will have a Diana or Carole or Elisabeth or even named after all three in her name? You'd think they would have gone that way first time around if they cared to do that at all.

Probably because we're talking about a dead mother and the Queen when we bandy about Diana and/or Elizabeth for a girl.

If Mary then you got to have an Edith to follow! Nice queenly names right?

Mary Anne Louise for a girl. This little girl will be the Next Princess Royal and this name would honor all three of the last Princess Royals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom