Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see a daughter not having some reference to Diana - it's just a question of how prominent. And if there's a reference to Diana, there must be a direct reference to the Queen.

Yes I think your right but I think its a boy anyway ha ha. It would be lovely to have little boys close together like William and Harry were I keep thinking Arthur but I don't really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yes I think your right but I think its a boy anyway ha ha. It would be lovely to have little boys close together like William and Harry were I keep thinking Arthur but I don't really like it.

I don't really like Arthur, either.

And I suspect the Cambridges don't either, since it's one of William's names but they didn't use it for George.

They might have held Arthur back to use as a first name

I don't really like Arthur, either.

And I suspect the Cambridges don't either, since it's one of William's names but they didn't use it for George.

It surprised me that it wasn't chosen for George given that both Charles and William have Arthur in their name line ups.

As royal rob said though - they may have kept it to use as a Christian name for another son but I don't see why they couldn't have continued the tradition of adding it to the first born son's name. Even if they had done that they could still have named the next son Arthur. Andrew's middle name is Edward and the Queen still used the name Edward for her next child.

I think Alice is a choice for a daughter as it's got a bit of Royal history being the name of one of Victoria's daughter and it was the name of Philip's mother. It has been used as middle names for Anne and Louise but not as a first name. In fact Philip's sisters have nice names (Theodora, Sophie and Cecille being my favourite.)

Last edited:
Philip like Arthur is in Charles and William's names too.

Honestly, we have no ideal what William and Kate's thought process is for naming their children.

Basically the only name we know is definitely out is George.

Wikipedia is not accurate.

If you look at the history sectiion you will see all the changes over the years.

Alice is a perfect name as Alice Edmonstone was born April 29th and not October 14th as Wikipedia had for so many years.

Soooo, how come the pick up line by Camilla to Charles years ago? If I remember correctly "my ggg (?)gradmother was your ggg(?)grandfather's mistress, so how about it?
Sorry I'm not in the mood to get all the g's in order. :lol:

Even if the Camilla pick-up line was made up by an enterprising journalist, as I suspect it was, Alice Keppel is described as Edward VII's mistress in biographies of the monarch.

He was a known ladies man all his life and had several mistresses who kept him entertained and free from boredom. Alice Keppel was the end of a long line and lasted longer than most.

I like the name Alice, and I think 'Alice Elizabeth' is very pretty.

Only in biographies written to cash in on C&C's story.

If William want to honor his mother he can name his daughter after his mother's nieces.

Elizabeth Eleanor Jane

Elizabeth for the Queen and Diana's sister Elizabeth Sarah Lavinia. Diana's sister Sarah main godparent was Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. The custom was to name the god child after the primary godparent. Elizabeth Sarah Lavinia was named after the Queen Mother. Naming the baby Elizabeth would honor the Queen, the Queen's Mother, Diana through her family and Catherine through her and her mother's shared middle name.

Elizabeth would connect the baby to both sides of her family and each honored person can feel they are the one being primarily honored. The Queen would be happy because the child is named after her and her mother. Charles would be happy because the baby is named after his beloved grandmother. Kate, Carole and the Middleton family would be happy because they were included in the royal baby's name. Diana's family will be happy because it would publicly connect them to the royal baby.

Eleanor because it is the name of Diana's niece Eleanor Ruth Fellowes and her niece Kitty Eleanor Spencer.

Jane because it honors Diana through her sister Cynthia Jane, her niece Laura Jane Fellowes and her niece Emily Jane McCorquodale.

Twelve people honored with just 3 names.

The Queen, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, Catherine, Diana through her family, Carole, Sarah, Jane, Charles Spencer through his daughter, Emily, Laura, Eleanor and Kitty.

Last edited:
Ha ha wow that's a very confusing way to go about it. Don't think William or Kate would bother with all that they are more down to earth than that.
As I've said before Kate wears a Diana memory every day.

I don't think that William is that close to his mother's family except for Sarah. She went to his wings ceremony, on his wedding day he went to her first kissing her cheek (totally ignored Earl Spencer leaving Harry to deal with him) plus he and Kate took 1 month baby George to her house to visit.

I have the biography of Queen Alexandra by Georgina Battiscombe written in 1969, long before Camilla was with Charles, that describes Alice Keppel as Edward's mistress. I also have a biography of the king published in the 1980's. Same thing! Why would authors want to 'cash' in in an unpopular couple like C&C for, anyway?

Getting back on topic I still like the names Alice and Alexandra, Elizabeth and Victoria. I do have a feeling it's going to be a boy again, though.

Which brings us back to Diana Elizabeth.

I'm really getting to like that name.
By the way I'm not very good at guessing baby names.
Didn't pick any of my grandchildrens names. So maybe scrap my choice of Arthur

I'm really getting to like that name.
By the way I'm not very good at guessing baby names.
Didn't pick any of my grandchildrens names. So maybe scrap my choice of Arthur

It's a lovely name. Personally I love Diana Catherine more, but if the child's name does not honor the Queen, that would be incomprehensible to most. Knowing Will, this will be a very simple name.

Girl: Maybe Elizabeth Diana Carole.

Boy: I have no idea.

I have the biography of Queen Alexandra by Georgina Battiscombe

Georgina! :flowers: How pretty! Princess Georgina. Or some variation, like Georgianna.

I really hope they don't spring for Arthur. :sad: But I was not keen on George and there they went and named him that. So.....and the betting odds are running 8/1 for Arthur.

Here are the names with the odds from LINK: William and Kate's Second Child Specials Betting Odds |Bet at Ladbrokes.com

Elizabeth 5/1
Charlotte 5/1
James 6/1
Alexandra 8/1
Arthur 8/1

Victoria, Charles and Thomas are in there at 10/1. Prince Thomas?
Phillip has dropped to 20/1

I regret to say that Eleanor is 25/1.

While Diana is in there at 12/1 I personally view it as a long-shot.

I think the Alexander/Alexandra possibility attractive. A Princess Alexandra always sounds very regal. They need to keep in mind that, as a girl, she will be mentioned in the press a lot. Her name should sparkle. :flowers:

I like Georgina it was one of my earlier choices but George and Georginia. Two Georgie's.

Alexander & Alexandra were also in my list.

I like Georgina it was one of my earlier choices but George and Georginia. Two Georgie's.

Alexander & Alexandra were also in my list.

Ugh, theme names are so tacky. I can't imagine they'd go there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

My pick: Princess Victoria Frances Elizabeth.

Victoria after Queen Victoria & a rumored favorite of Prince Charles. Frances, Diana's middle name. Elizabeth, after Catherine's Mom, Catherine herself, the Queen & the Queen Mother.

Not many are guessing boys name. Only Arthur or Alexander not fond of either.
I work with young children so hear all the latest names and one popular name that I love ( mainly because of the darling little boy whose name it is ) is Spencer.
Prince Spencer Francis. Surnames as first names are the in thing at the moment.

Not many are guessing boys name. Only Arthur or Alexander not fond of either.
I work with young children so hear all the latest names and one popular name that I love ( mainly because of the darling little boy whose name it is ) is Spencer.
Prince Spencer Francis. Surnames as first names are the in thing at the moment.

They're going to pick a traditional name. It's a given.

There is not going to be a Prince Spencer.

It's almost a guarantee that any name for a boy appears somewhere on this list:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_prince

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Ha ha I said it was a favorite of mine

Alright, just a few I've thought up. No definitive guess on my part.

Girl:
Alexandra Elizabeth Caroline
Elizabeth Alexandra Louise
Mary Elizabeth Diana
Victoria Alexandra Elizabeth
Louise Alexandra Helena
Helena Elizabeth Caroline

Boy:
Arthur James Frederick
Albert Charles Frederick
Philip Edward William
Frederick James William
Edward Frederick Charles

Last edited:
It's a Girl!!

No need to wait for end of April; we all know its a Girl!!

Name; we'll have to wait and see what name they give the new Princess!

It's a Girl!!

No need to wait for end of April; we all know its a Girl!!

Name; we'll have to wait and see what name they give the new Princess!

Have I missed an announcement from Catherine and William whilst they're on their holiday in the far away remote land of Mustique? Because I think such an announcement would be massive news on this dreary English Sunday morning.

Surnames as first names for a member of any royal family is never going to work just sounds silly. There's also a very popular reality show in the UK at the moment where one of the playboy rich posh totty characters is named Spencer. The press would have a field day.

Whatever name they pick, hopefully, is going to be traditionally and middle names will have that element of "newness".

For a boy;
Alexander, Edward, Albert or even Philip.

For a girl;
Eleanor, Astrid, Frances, Isabel.

Last edited:
The name Frederick appears a lot on the list. I think a Prince Frederick would be nice. He would maybe get Prince Freddie as a nickname the same as Prince Henry became Prince Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom