Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always admired how close the Middleton family seems to be. I would hope that Catherine, as Pippa's only sister, will be an attendant (bridesmaid? Matron-of-honor)? I would think since it's a private ceremony, family will be the top priority. I am sure it's gong to be a gorgeous event. I hope to see pictures... particularly of Pippa's dress, and The little Cambridges!

I really hope people writing for the Daily Mail aren't sounding that stupid in real life .

Mostly, I think, people like Sebastian Shakespeare are very aware of how they sound in the articles they write and are doing it on purpose. They know that its the sensationalistic statements that draw people in to read what they write. If they did straight up journalism with the who, what, where, how and why facts, they'd probably be ignored.

They're on par with comedians that use a lot of four letter words for shock value.

Well, basically people like Sebastian and Ephraim Hardcastle are just purveyors of gossip so it really doesn't matter how stupid they are.

News is 90% internet now. These reporters keep their job by making their bosses money. Money made by clicks on articles. Sensationalized titles is one key to that. Since little information is released, they make do with any little hints and makeup the rest. Readers don't look to Shakespeare for news, they look to him for gossip. People who want to read about Pippa are looking for just that, gossip.

How totally asinine that this is a printable story. Of course all the neighbors in and around the church that have known and seen the Middletons attending for years are going to, all of a sudden, turn into an angry mob and storm the church to get pictures to sell the Daily Fail.

I think an article like this has the ulterior motive of using the power of suggestion to get the end results that they want.

Disgusting. :bang:

So the same would have been true for any royal marriage, noble marriage, marriage of the famous in a COE Church. Parishioners could have attended, space allowing? ;)

I'm pretty sure that with the smaller size of the church, every inch of available space is probably going to be used.

From what I've read here (I didn't click on the article as I tend to ignore the Daily Mail), all CoE weddings are deemed public and I supposed a parishioner could walk in but the way the article headline was worded, it sounded like a mob of irate locals would storm the barriers and demand to attend.

Security is going to be pretty tight anyways due to members of the BRF attending the wedding so little chance of sneaking in.

So the same would have been true for any royal marriage, noble marriage, marriage of the famous in a COE Church. Parishioners could have attended, space allowing? ;)

Well that is the same as here. If you want to see a couple married, you can always slip into the rear of church to watch as long as you are dressed decently and there is empty seats. The only time you can't is when your invitation states at bottom that "this must be presented before entering service" which is a nice way of saying that it is private and only invited will attend. Paid off duty police are stationed at doors and people have been turned away when they try to enter without invitation. Done quite often. It makes no difference who you are as once saw a relative of friend turned away from a service for not following. She never did that again.

Not a fan of the of the reception as described in the article, like a music festival w/ yurts, fish and chips stand and burger truck? What if it rains, does it rain in May in that area of England?
My niece had a lovely outdoor reception in a vineyard, but it was June in California where it never rains. There were hors de oeuvres and a sit down dinner followed by dancing - no Yurts, & no food stands or food trucks. Even so, there was so much space that people tended to cluster in their own cliques and not socialize very much.

I can't imagine security not being tight for this wedding; the immediate succession to the throne is attending: William (2) with future queen consort Kate, George (3), Charlotte (4) and Harry (5). Potential royal duchess Meghan is going to the reception. And the reception: they're kidding about the food served & theme, right? It sounds like a food truck park in the States. I get that Pippa wants a wedding that is different from Kate's but the Middletons are so keen to be seen as a posh family. There are Hollywood weddings that have been classier events. I'm kinda of wondering about the dress now; if it's going to be one of those strapless, tight, cleavage bearing disasters you see on "Say Yes to the Dress".

Not a fan of the of the reception as described in the article, like a music festival w/ yurts, fish and chips stand and burger truck? What if it rains, does it rain in May in that area of England?
My niece had a lovely outdoor reception in a vineyard, but it was June in California where it never rains. There were hors de oeuvres and a sit down dinner followed by dancing - no Yurts, & no food stands or food trucks. Even so, there was so much space that people tended to cluster in their own cliques and not socialize very much.

I know what you mean, I hate outdoor receptions!
(I always think there's bugs around; even if you can't see any, I think they are there!)

I much prefer a historic building or even a nice hotel.

I think the reception sounds like a ton of fun- a big, casual comfortable party with food people really enjoy eating and I'm sure with great music and dancing. I prefer that type of reception.

An outdoor wedding was to be expected. Their house doesn't have the space for 150 people for a reception, not alone 250 for the evening party.

Yurts are becoming popular. They are just like renting a normal tent got a wedding. It isn't the first time for the family either. They rented one for New Years a few years ago.

Kate Middleton and Prince William mark their 1st New Year in a reindeer herder's tent | Daily Mail Online

I get the feeling the food Truck and such are not the wedding reception but likely the evening party. The party would be more geared to the younger guests. The actual reception is likely more traditional. A food truck and a music festival party sounds fun and great for a young couple.

They shouldn't need to have a stuffy party just because her sister married a royal. Unlike Kate, Pippa and James are private send get the wedding that they want.

Last edited:
I think an article like this has the ulterior motive of using the power of suggestion to get the end results that they want.

Disgusting. :bang:
That was my impression too . Please show up and try to get us a picture , pleeease !

I get that Pippa wants a wedding that is different from Kate's but the Middletons are so keen to be seen as a posh family. There are Hollywood weddings that have been classier events.

Maybe this is evidence that the Middeltons don't really want to be seen as 'posh', in the sense of trying to impress the neighbors or convince whoever of whatever. If that was ever the thinking (and I don't think it was really that per se), my guess is they are beyond trying to impress and more into doing their own thing. :flowers:

Classy is as classy does. Comfort, relaxation and fun is the name of the game. Good on Pippa! :)

I think the reception sounds like a ton of fun - a big, casual comfortable party with food people really enjoy eating and I'm sure with great music and dancing. I prefer that type of reception.

Yep, nothing stuffy. :cool: It's not a state occasion. It's going to be what Pippa (a private citizen) wants (her fella, too, ;) )

Last edited:
I must have missed something when and how did we find out Meghan is going to the after wedding party

I must have missed something when and how did we find out Meghan is going to the after wedding party

We found out she'd requested that week off from Suits and several people have reported it's so she can attend Pippa's wedding with Harry. We don't really know for sure but it seems likely.

Oh so we don't know we are just adding 2 and 2 and getting the answer we want. Ha ha. Don't think we will know for sure unless guests get photographed driving in which I hope doesn't happen.

There's an article in the DM today about the Middletons visiting the church.

And people are complaining that they don't care to hear about Pippa and her wedding.

(Apparently over 500 commentators don't care, yet they took the time to read the article and post a comment). :lol:

Everyone caress about this wedding and will be on the lookout for the pics and vids. They know the DM will provide some very good pics.

An outdoor wedding was to be expected. Their house doesn't have the space for 150 people for a reception, not alone 250 for the evening party.

Yurts are becoming popular. They are just like renting a normal tent got a wedding. It isn't the first time for the family either. They rented one for New Years a few years ago.

Kate Middleton and Prince William mark their 1st New Year in a reindeer herder's tent | Daily Mail Online

I get the feeling the food Truck and such are not the wedding reception but likely the evening party. The party would be more geared to the younger guests. The actual reception is likely more traditional. A food truck and a music festival party sounds fun and great for a young couple.

They shouldn't need to have a stuffy party just because her sister married a royal. Unlike Kate, Pippa and James are private send get the wedding that they want.

if memory doesn't fail me, even kate and william had a 'food truck' alternative at their wedding: didn't harry organize for bacon baps for guests who stayed for the private party in the evening?

Other than George and Charlotte, any other tots likely to be attending?

There's an article in the DM today about the Middletons visiting the church.

And people are complaining that they don't care to hear about Pippa and her wedding.

(Apparently over 500 commentators don't care, yet they took the time to read the article and post a comment). :lol:
Yes, comments like that always tickles me. If they don't care, why read and indicate that they did? I guess they feel that their opinion is so important that it MUST be told. Self centered lot or maybe just common nasty of other's happiness. Shame

Last edited:
Other than George and Charlotte, any other tots likely to be attending?

I think Kate and Pippa's friend Alice Avenal has a little girl Rose who's about the same age as George and may be a bridesmaid. There could be some little ones on the Matthews side of the family, though I believe James's youngest niece is fifteen now.

I think Kate and Pippa's friend Alice Avenal has a little girl Rose who's about the same age as George and may be a bridesmaid. There could be some little ones on the Matthews side of the family, though I believe James's youngest niece is fifteen now.

The DM says she is twelve; maybe Pippa plans to do as Kate did, and have bridesmaids of varying ages?

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

Uncle Gary has a teenage daughter too.

I don't think she'll have any adults or teens in her bridesmaid group.

Just some tiny girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom