Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think KP would just up and release a statement of their own accord just because they can. If it was a KP release, it was done in conjunction with the Cambridges and Pippa and James. It was their decision to make and not KP's, not the courtiers or the little green men hovering above KP in their spaceship.

If anything, Pippa has a handle on all aspects of her wedding day and each and every minute detail so that all goes according to plan. I don't think the public's or the media's reaction to what she's decided ever entered her head. Too many other things to do.

:beamup:

You think Pippa wasn't involved in the decision to have a media facility?

All KP did was announce who was attending the wedding and that there would be an area for the press.

What am I missing?

I think KP took the lead, and informed Pippa that they wished to make a press statement to stop the endless inquiries they were getting. And Pippa said " Uh, ok. Whatever you guys think is best." I don't think Pippa stormed into KP offices and played prima donna, and they released a statement to placate her.

I'm sure Pippa was the one that decided she wanted a small controlled media presence at her wedding. But she didn't need a KP letterhead for that. All she needed to do was privately contact the select few photographers she wanted, and tell them she would have spot for them and security clearance for them. Then they would release the photos through the PA or something similar.

There was also no need for KP to release an official royal guest list. Everybody already knew William, Catherine, George would be there. Charlotte and Harry were 50/50 and would have been confirmed with the released photos.

To me this really reeks of KP meddling into something for their own comfort/control without caring that it's not great optics for Pippa.

In the UK weddings are technically not private events hence the wording re " if anyone has just cause or impediment" for this marriage not to take place.

It is also why C&C got married in the Guildhall instead of in Windsor Castle. License to hold a wedding means that venue can be used by others and be a public place.

My source for this info was a Registrar.

The reality is that strangers dont just turn up for other peoples weddings. (Uninvited people however do turn up for funerals tho).

And re earlier comment, Ive never thought the British people are interested in Pippa, but the media is.

I think KP took the lead, and informed Pippa that they wished to make a press statement to stop the endless inquiries they were getting. And Pippa said " Uh, ok. Whatever you guys think is best." I don't think Pippa stormed into KP offices and played prima donna, and they released a statement to placate her.

I very seriously doubt that KP took any kind of a lead on this release for the main reason being that they all are in the employ of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and it would be quite a faux pas to do any kind of a press release without the bosses permission especially as it concerns the Cambridge family themselves and their extended family.

Nope. Not going to happen.

In the UK weddings are technically not private events hence the wording re " if anyone has just cause or impediment" for this marriage not to take place.

It is also why C&C got married in the Guildhall instead of in Windsor Castle. License to hold a wedding means that venue can be used by others and be a public place.

My source for this info was a Registrar.

The reality is that strangers dont just turn up for other peoples weddings. (Uninvited people however do turn up for funerals tho).

And re earlier comment, Ive never thought the British people are interested in Pippa, but the media is.

But the estate that the church is on is private. So by limiting who has access to the estate, you're also limiting access to the church. Making it a private wedding. No one but guests is allowed in.

The press is lucky they're getting any access at all.

But the estate that the church is on is private. So by limiting who has access to the estate, you're also limiting access to the church. Making it a private wedding. No one but guests is allowed in.

The press is lucky they're getting any access at all.

there is a public footpath to/by the church. That's where the photogs were at Christmas.

there is a public footpath to/by the church. That's where the photogs were at Christmas.

Why are some photographers complaining then? If it's public they can just show up uninvited

Why are some photographers complaining then? If it's public they can just show up uninvited

I don't know TBH. There may be issues around security as I mentioned in a previous post.

The problem is that we tend only to hear from people involved who have their own axe to grind so we don't get the whole story.

Whatever was/wasn't organised, someone would complain

We all know how the media scuttles around like rats lurking everywhere for stories and pictures. It stands to reason that they would have an overabundance of cheese to snack on and what goes better with cheese than whine? :whistling:

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

Isn't there a distinction between commercial and private photographers? In the Royal Parks, Joe Tourist can take photos for his personal use but Jane Photoshoot needs a permit to stage a commercial photo shoot in the same park.

That may be true in the UK, but where I live it isn't unusual for total strangers to slip into the back of the church to observe.

I know this for a fact, it happened at my own wedding.

I think KP took the lead, and informed Pippa that they wished to make a press statement to stop the endless inquiries they were getting. And Pippa said " Uh, ok. Whatever you guys think is best."

To me this really reeks of KP meddling into something for their own comfort/control without caring that it's not great optics for Pippa.

I totally agree with this. :flowers:

That may be true in the UK, but where I live it isn't unusual for total strangers to slip into the back of the church to observe.

I know this for a fact, it happened at my own wedding.

Mine too. I'm standing with my dad in front of the open chapel door ready to head down the aisle and in the photo you can see three kind of grubby, semi-naked kids (it was late summer)lounging on the chapel steps gawking at what's going on.

Formal and grubby make an interesting photo I think. :D

I agree; I think the Middletons have behaved with class and dignity throughout Kate's relationship with William.

Some seem to think they should vanish into the ether and never have contact with their daughter and grandchildren at all.
But I don't see that they push, and I've never understood why they shouldn't go where they are invited.

They have far more contact with their daughter and grandchildren than Diana and her children had with the Spencers, don't they ?

In fact, the amount of time Kate and her children spend with her family seems to be unusual compared to the norm for most other women who married princes in direct line to the throne in other European monarchies (not only in the UK then).

I for one think it's great that the Cambridge's get to spend so much time with the Middleton's. Better balance and just builds that support system they will all need to rely on at times.

LaRae

They have far more contact with their daughter and grandchildren than Diana and her children had with the Spencers, don't they ?

In fact, the amount of time Kate and her children spend with her family seems to be unusual compared to the norm for most other women who married princes in direct line to the throne in other European monarchies (not only in the UK then).

There is nothing 'unusual' about spending time with family. In the latest Charles biography, we learn he spends very little time with his grandchildren.

Is that what people want?

Anyway, it's off-topic for Pippa's thread.

I feel rather sorry for her. I don't believe that she has courted this kind of attention, in fact in her book "Celebration " she says that " one day I might make sense of it all". Then again she was accused of cashing in on her "royal" connection, then accused of not having a "proper" job. Poor girl could not win !
Sorry if this is a bit off topic.

Well, let's not pretend her being related to the Duchess has not benefitted her greatly. Getting by on mediocre talent thanks to a case of nepotism tends to not sit well with people.

Anyway, I am curious to see what type of dress she'll be wearing. I cannot for the life of me get a feeling of what she'd choose, only that I doubt it'll be with a very long train or wide skirt.

the prospect of seeing the cambridge children as page/flowergirl, presence of wills & kate and possibly harry & meghan are good enough reasons for the press to cover this wedding, no matter what the family want or if it is a 'private' occasion or not, or whatever.
who cares about pippa? imo the bride is totally uninteresting compared to the wedding guests.

I think it's very unlikely Meghan will be there....however about the dress. I think Pippa is going to go sleek and modern and nothing like what Kate wore.

LaRae

@Empress Merel - agreed. No one, especially the press, would not have given Pippa and the Middletons two thoughts if Kate didn't marry WAY up.

And the "no ring, no bring" rule, I think, is meant to keep Meghan - or any famous girlfriend - off the guest list. It's Pippa's day and I don't think any single woman attending would have been planning to outshine the bride. This move makes Pippa look petty and insecure.

The gown? Betting it would not resemble Kate's in any way so not to draw comparisons. I think a tiara for Pippa would be pushing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do we know there's a 'no-ring,no bring' rule in place for this wedding? There hasn't been anything official from the Middleton camp on this. The story could just as easily be made-up tabloid rubbish. Donna Air isn't engaged to James Middleton and she will undoubtedly be there.

The article in the DM went on and on about Spencer Matthews' model girlfriend being left off the guest list because of her looks, and then three quarters of the way down there was a comment from her modelling agency that she had a job on the day. Meghan might be present with Harry but might not and there could be half a dozen reasons for her absence.

Last edited:
@Empress Merel - agreed. No one, especially the press, would not have given Pippa and the Middletons two thoughts if Kate didn't marry WAY up.

And the "no ring, no bring" rule, I think, is meant to keep Meghan - or any famous girlfriend - off the guest list. It's Pippa's day and I don't think any single woman attending would have been planning to outshine the bride.

The gown? Betting it would not resemble Kate's in any way so not to draw comparisons. I think a tiara for Pippa would be pushing it.

A lot of brides wear tiaras, so she can wear one if she wants- but it doesn't really seem like her style. I really can't wait to see what she wears, and I'm so glad they're allowing photos. For some reason, I think a 1920s inspired dress would suit Pippa very well- she has the body type for it.

I'm looking forward to seeing Pippa's wedding gown. I'm hoping for something akin to Charlene of Monaco's wedding look but Giles Deacon has emerged as the frontrunner as designer and he's quite flamboyant, so we shall see.

I see the announcement about the royal attendance and press accommodations sensible. Pippa must already know she will be the focus of ambitious photographers so it makes sense to open up 'a bit' in order to corral the interest rather than risk untoward 'crashing' of the scene. Wise move (imo).

Plus, it will be interesting to see if Meghan shows up on Harry's arm. :flowers:

Last edited:
I normally wouldn't expect Meghan to be there. But after yesterday, everything seems so no-holds-barred. Heck, at this point I wouldn't even be shocked if Meghan was Pippa's maid of honor. :lol:

I do get a chuckle at the tabloids calling Pippa jealous and insecure for not inviting Spencer Matthews' model gf of 3 months, Vogue Williams. It like they copy and pasted from six years ago, when they called Zara insecure and petty for not inviting Harry's new model gf, Flee, to her wedding.

I normally wouldn't expect Meghan to be there. But after yesterday, everything seems so no-holds-barred. Heck, at this point I wouldn't even be shocked if Meghan was Pippa's maid of honor. :lol:

Well, one aspect is clarified: Pippa and Harry are apparently friends, else why the invitation? This was debated earlier in the thread. And if Meghan shows up as Harry's 'plus-1', all bets are off! :flowers:

I have to say, I do wish Charles and Camilla were invited. That would be very generous and cozy. With them not there (given Harry will now be there) it seems cliquish. Funny twist, not so? :cool: Hey, if I knew Charles and Camilla, the next King and Queen, I'd for sure invite them. ;)

Last edited:
Well, one aspect is clarified: Pippa and Harry are apparently friends, else why the invitation? This was debated earlier in the thread. And if Meghan shows up as Harry's 'plus-1', well all bets are off! :flowers:

I have to say, I do wish Charles and Camilla were invited. That would be very generous and cozy. With them not there (given Harry will now be there) it seems cliquish. Funny twist, not so? :cool:

We don't know that they weren't invited- their schedules are very busy, particularly Charles. They may have been invited but needed to decline.

Well, one aspect is clarified: Pippa and Harry are apparently friends, else why the invitation? This was debated earlier in the thread. And if Meghan shows up as Harry's 'plus-1', well all bets are off! :flowers:

I have to say, I do wish Charles and Camilla were invited. That would be very generous and cozy. With them not there (given Harry will now be there) it seems cliquish. Funny twist, not so? :cool: Hey, if I knew Cahles and Camilla, the next King and Queen, I'd for sure invite them. ;)

Yes, Harry's invite is interesting. Given the size of the venue I was in the camp that there's no way Harry gets an invite at the expense of one of her friends getting axed from the guest list. But he's there. I'm still a little dubious at Pippa and Harry being actual friends. Some of the other posters brought up extended family politics, and how often a sibling's in-laws will get invited even if they don't regularly socialize with the bride or groom. I leaning more towards that view. I also now think there's a good chance HM, Philip, Charles and Camilla were invited, with Pippa knowing that they'd politely decline, which they then did.

I can get perhaps inviting Harry. They are close in age and would socialize when the cambrudges have a party. But Charles and Camilla? Sorry but that would just smack 'look at who we got to come' more then a genuine invitation.

I don't see Meghan going but not because not welcome. But because she will be knee deep into filming. It would be one thing if she knew Pippa well, or she lived in the UK. But we have no sign they have even met. Yes she attended the wedding in Jamaica but that is different. One becayse she wasn't filming. And two because it was a personal friend of Harry not a slight family bond. It's more important that she get to know harrys friends and circle, and family, then Pippa at this or any point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom