Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After she was able to enjoy the hospitality of this Vicomte previously without any ado and only short reports on her attending the French Open with him, she in all probability could not foresee such an occurance.

She couldn't, despite attending a ball that had more than enough debauchery to make the son of a dictator blush? If she didn't see them coming, see this coming, then I am sure that she doesn't know these poeple as well as she thinks she does.

Most probably they didn't feel they have to accord a "Miss Middleton" the same respect and protection they would accord a "Demoiselle du Faubourg-St.Germain".

Which is why it is important she be made to realize and accept taht she isn't one of them, one of the aristocrats and that she can't really get away with these things or be treated as well an old blood female aristocrat might.

I personally see Pippa as the victim of these French guys.

She should not at all have gone there, not knowing them as well as she should. Don't our families warn us about going off ot foreign countries to hang with strange men that we might not know well, if at all?

I believe she now will make up her mind about her future and she surely will listen to William's advice.

Well, quite frankly, he should tell her (and she should listen) that she needs to let go of this climbing and scale back her expectations and requirements in regards to what she might think is a suitble match for herself.

S
Well, quite frankly, he should tell her (and she should listen) that she needs to let go of this climbing and scale back her expectations and requirements in regards to what she might think is a suitble match for herself.

I didn't mean it that way, I wasn't talking about marriage but about her professional life, which is centered around partying.

And honestly, what kind of hypocrite do you think William is? He is the future king of the Uk and he should tell his SIL that even though he thought her sister to be good enough to become his queen one day, she OTOH should "scale back her expectations" as a French Viscount is above her? For someone who himself showed that it is love that matters and not lineage as long as the background (upbringing and education) is okay, this would be so ridiculous! He should rather tell her to look out for a steady character who loves her and will protect her, no matter what his position in society. A certain Earl comes to mind, who appears to be a nice guy...

In my opinion simply because she was with these people, despite the fact that they are "aristocrats", doesn't mean she is "climbing". I don't think she needs to "scale back" I just think she needs to be a bit more aware of the people she is going to be with. I do think she made a mistake by being with them simply because they appear to be of the eurotrash variety despite their so called blue blood. It is unfortunate that she found herself with these people but regrettably people sometimes make mistakes regarding who they befriend. Clearly, they were using her for the attention she generates.

Last edited:
She couldn't, despite attending a ball that had more than enough debauchery to make the son of a dictator blush?

Don't our families warn us about going off ot foreign countries to hang with strange men that we might not know well, if at all?

:lol::lol::lol: sorry you make me laugh: ^'debauchery to make the son of a dictator blush' ... I have been to parties like that - there is nothing to blush for. It's just what it looks like: a fancy dress party . I've attended parties like that in Europe e.g. Venice and Zurich - with perfectly normal people present: no Dictators sons, no aristocrats, no middletons .. just middleclass people like myself - with there husbands or friends - and enjoyed s.th enormously. The only difference beeing, that no media was present.

And NO my familie never warned me to go to 'foreign countries' - they had me go to nice french familys when I was 14 years old, helping me with my french .. Every summer I used to go to foreign countries (Spain, France, England, Italy), because in our circles it is deemed important, that young people look farther than there native country, it is important to learn different languages and customs - I'm sure there are a lot of US-citizens who have never left there country and think, their way of living is the ONLY way to do it :lol: .. well maybe it is not :whistling:

I'm puzzled as to these French titles: I noticed that both Arthur and Marcy are described as Vicomtes!

How can both brothers be Vicomtes? Isn't the title reserved for the eldest son, or do things work differently in France?

:lol::lol::lol: sorry you make me laugh: ^'debauchery to make the son of a dictator blush' ... I have been to parties like that - there is nothing to blush for. It's just what it looks like: a fancy dress party .
I agree totally. There is nothing sordid or decadent in parties of that type. great fun in fact, and they happen in many locations (even in the UK- Vicars and Tarts anyone). I was brought up in England, but we would spend a lot of time each summer in France and also in Spain and Italy and Greece and other countries. It was thought important, and normal in our family, to be exposed to different people and languages so that we would be aware of the fact that there is a big world out there beyond our own country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good old Katie Nicholl always in there pitching her "stories". I'm sure Pippa or Carol let her in on their conversations.

Warned by whom? And she was "out" with four different men? At one weekend? Makes one wonder when she found the time to fit a party into her, well, whatever that was she had with four different men....:ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO::D

Four men, to me, suggests Pippa was not serious about anyone at that party.
It sounds to me like she attended to please an acquaintance and perhaps get some ideas for party-planning, and the whole thing got out of control.

I'm puzzled as to these French titles: I noticed that both Arthur and Marcy are described as Vicomtes!

How can both brothers be Vicomtes? Isn't the title reserved for the eldest son, or do things work differently in France?
It's different from British titles, all children have the right to the title as a courtesy title, the holder of the title is vicomte de X, the younger are vicomte N(ame) de X, according to French Wikipedia: Noblesse française - Wikipédia

Has a member of the royal family and yes she is indeed the sister of the future queen on england, she should avoid any scandals or other any activities that can allow all those gossips, behave or no behave...she should avoid just that...it is very bad for Kate having a sister involved in scandals..yes this was just a burlesque party but that leed to many other gossips and we can say scandals, a pistol, kail, those fancy strange dresses, that promiscuos party...

Pippa could spend all her time in her bedroom watching DVDs of Last of the Summer Wine and the press would still find some way of making a scandal or controversy out of it.

The only way she can keep out of the press is to not leave the house. I personally don't think that's fair. I was a bit surprised that they followed her so aggressively in France and Sweden, so what is she supposed to do? She's a pretty, eligible young lady who seems to enjoy a night out with friends. Last weekend she spent some time with a barrister Vicomte and his friends. What's so wrong with that?

I think that Pippa didn't expect things to turn this way. I don't how close friend she is with these Vicomtes but it's obvious (to me) that they use her to have some publicity. Nobody talks about them here: France is not very fond of aristocracy. Maybe they wanted their quarter of fame, maybe they wanted to increase the sells of their brand. They invited her because she's her friend, but also because she's famous and that they were sure it would make newspapers talks about them.
As the "gungate" is concerned, I don't know if Pippa can be blamed for something she didn't do. The driver wanted to have fun, it's just a joke of spoilt wealthy young man. Unfortunately, Pippa was there!

Well I don't know what to say. You know I think I will still stick to the fact that Pippa should be more careful about what she does. She knows she is being watched and she knows her sister is always surrounded by the paps. It only makes sense that being who she is a little bit of discreetness is needed. I understand she is young and she isn't married and she is enjoying her life but come on. She needs to be more responsible and mature. She needs to stop thinking about herself and consider the consequences of her actions. Just my opinion.

:previous: Much Ado about Nothing

Agree with this statement.
Now - what was the bigger mistake - that she was with young men not officially beeing declared as boyfriend or that she was in the car when something which seems to be a joke more on the stupid side happened.
.....:whistling: seems she can never do anything right.

Oh, for God's sake; I thought this story is now put to rest.
CNN must be having a really slow news day!

Even though the story is a week old, I guess the analysts and experts had to have their say.

But like her or hate her, Pippa sells papers! As long as there are hundreds of comments about her (her looks, her clothes, her dates, her parties) we can look forward to more of the same.

To those people who wonder why she gets so much attention, and who made her a front page fixture, I respond Look in the mirror! :p

...and this thread alone: 50 pages, just shy of 1,000 posts, with over 110 posts made in the last 3-4 days...

Both of these posts are so very true.

Rear of the year: Pippa Middleton’s derriere was the unexpected star of the Royal Wedding... here FEMAIL brings you highlights from the Duchess of Cambridge's sister's twelve months in the limelight
Just a few hours after Pippa Middleton followed the Duchess of Cambridge up the aisle at Westminster Abbey on April 29th 2011, dramatic back views of the Maid of Honour spread like wildfire, receiving thousands of hits and propelling the 28-year-old to unimaginable fame. Many agreed Kate's little sister - or more specifically, her derriere - stole the show. But despite the attention she received on the day, Pippa could never be prepared for the public interest that was to follow. Since then, Pippa's career, love life and future has been the source of fascination - and constant speculation

There is not much special about Pippa, she is not beautiful or exciting looking, but she does have one cute behind.

Has a member of the royal family and yes she is indeed the sister of the future queen on england, she should avoid any scandals or other any activities that can allow all those gossips, behave or no behave...she should avoid just that...it is very bad for Kate having a sister involved in scandals..yes this was just a burlesque party but that leed to many other gossips and we can say scandals, a pistol, kail, those fancy strange dresses, that promiscuos party...
Pippa is not a member of the royal family and will never be (unless she marries Harry:eek:), her sister is, and I can't see a reason why she should try to behave as if she was one. Not even younger members of the BRF have avoided gossip and scandals (for example prince Harry in his Nazi outfit), and if I don't misremember Charles Spencer (brother of princess Diana) wasn't free from gossip and scandals during the first years of the marriage of Charles and Diana. Media and public will be interested in the lives of unmarried siblings to new highprofile member of the BRF, as they are interested in anything that can be considered as a "scandal" as it's what sells papers, and it's unlikely that the new royal will cause any scandals.

:previous:
Yep, don't forget Camilla&Charles, PAndrew's cheating on QEII, etc. So Pippa looks really saint:D But she has to rememember that she's famous and can hang out with French royality because of her big sis and brother-in-law. And it's really not very nice to make them troubles.

:previous:
I strongly doubt Prince Andrew ever did, or could, cheat on the Queen, unless he found a new mother. :rolleyes: ;)

Let's stay on topic...this thread is about Pippa Middleton...not the Windsor scandals or rumors.

Thanks!

She was paid £400k for her book of party advice, now Pippa gives wedding tips to her best friend - for free
It is the sort of expertise for which publishers Penguin were prepared to pay a staggering £400,000. But for her best friend, Pippa Middleton is happy to share for free her tips on throwing the perfect party. The Duchess of Cambridge’s younger sister has been advising Camilla Hook in the run-up to her wedding next month to Sam Holland – grandson of Oscar-winning actor and director Lord Attenborough.

Shame for these French Aristocrats spending their money for such parties.

I read the men with the pistol is a Lawyer and should have had problems with his Fellows.

Please Pippa , remain in the UK

Yes, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do for anyone, let alone a lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom