Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. But at the moment its sensationalism at its best. Ahhh.. worst. Let's wait till we get something official, okay?:flowers:

Agreed. :)
I concede that based on what the journalist actually present recounted, the incident might have been blown out of proportions.
Unfortunately for all involved, the stupid prank may have serious consequences because of French laws, not to mention a PR disaster no matter what's the outcome.

It was still a foolish and potentially dangerous prank; people carrying fake weapons out in the open and brandishing them in the US have been shot by police assuming they're genuine. I don't think it's funny waving a realistic gun out in public. Why would a grown man need to have it anyway? A dumb stunt.

Last edited:
Regardless of whether or not the gun was fake or real, these clowns obviously used it to put forward an act of threatening with a weapon. To me it ranks right up there on the stupid ladder such as yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater which is highly illegal here in the States.

Agreed, Osipi!
It was a very foolish, perhaps dangerous thing to do.
Here in the USA, it might have led to a tragedy if someone perceived the gun to be a threat and shot first.

I don't know how friendly Pippa is with these young men, or whether she knows them more in a business sense, but I think she should disassociate herself. Someone called them Eurotrash and I suspect this is fairly close to the mark.

She probably thought she was attending a fun birthday party in Paris and is dismayed over the consequences.

Rich Eurotrash at that. They're even more stupid and obnoxious.
I'll die of laughter if she actually has to go to court over this. Like Red Forman says: Dumba.ss.

Ultimately, Pippa is not responsible for the actions of the people she's with. I'm sure she'll think twice about hanging out with this guy again, but the mistake here is his, not Pippa's.

It's really disappointing the way people have come down on her like a ton of bricks when she did nothing wrong. If one of my friends exceeds the speed limit (and therefore breaks the law and puts lives in danger) with me in the car should I be held responsible along with him? Of course not.

The media, of course, went into overdrive. Apparently the newspapers have been in a bidding war for the rights to the photos. I thought it was strange that Sky News and BBC News had pretty much stopped talking about it; obviously it's because there's less of a story here than they originally thought.

Pippa, a gun scare and a risque night at the court of Paris's king of decadence
Only hours after a debauched aristocratic bash, Pippa Middleton was at the centre of controversy as she was photographed with a man brandishing a gun on the streets of Paris. Prince William's new sister-in-law, dubbed Her Royal Hotness after her appearance at his wedding, is expected to be questioned by police after her companion pointed the realistic-looking weapon at a photographer who was following them.
Nice collar.

Last edited:
The latest stories that I've read are reporting that the Paris Police are aware of the photos but that no complaint has been filed. They do not plan on speaking with Pippa Middleton. Apparently the photographer is claiming that he knew it was a fake and even had the chance to touch it when the car pulled over and the driver showed it to him.

It makes me sick. She is responsible for the company she keeps, as we all are.
There are no excuses. She is almost 30 years old.

What a freaking nontroversy.

She was pursued by photographers all day, and those photographers say that she was kind and polite and so were her friends. One of them joked around with a toy gun and the photographers were in on the joke and not bothered by it. What a yawn of a story.

Perhaps this prank was blown out of proportion, but the problem is that it occurred in France where they're already on edge due to the recent shootings and it got high exposure by getting splashed across the news. Many people might not think it so funny.

Last edited:
Yes, even if the reporters knew, other people might not have known (and there are all manner of policemen in France - so it wasn't a safe stunt).

And yes, in my view, you are responsible if you remain in a car with someone who is driving in any way recklessly or has imbibed - and it's your responsibility to know whether your driver has been drinking, using whatever common sense means at your disposal. That's what I always taught my kids, anyway.

Pippa may want to think twice about reappearing in public with this person (this could have had very serious consequences), but it's not as immediately life threatening as being in a car with a drinking or drunk driver, so no point in her leaping out - the guy put his toy gun away, apparently.

But I wouldn't want to hang out with people who play pretend gangster games.

What a freaking nontroversy.

She was pursued by photographers all day, and those photographers say that she was kind and polite and so were her friends. One of them joked around with a toy gun and the photographers were in on the joke and not bothered by it. What a yawn of a story.

A non-story that got a lot of peoples knickers in a knot (people who were not there and not in any way involved).

He's got a lot of balls to do something like this!!!! :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
No knots in my knickers, but I still think it was a stupid, ill-advised stunt on the part of that guy. Pippa now needs to choose her friends and acquaintances more wisely.

Last edited:
...it's not as immediately life threatening as being in a car with a drinking or drunk driver...
I'm not talking about drink driving; of course no-one in their right mind would get into a car with someone who was drunk, and most people would try to stop them driving. I was in the car when my mum got 3 points for speeding, but I wasn't held responsible for that, because I wasn't the one with the foot on the pedal.

But at the end of the day, Pippa can't be held responsible for the fact that this guy is as thick as two short planks. She can't make him do anything. For all we know, she told him not to be silly and put it away. We don't know how well or for how long she's known him. From what I've read he's the son of a high ranking French TV executive, so there's nothing obvious there that would lead anyone to expect him to pull out a toy gun.

But people here chose to condemn her without knowing any of the facts.

I have to agree. This was not a smart move on Pippa part. I understand she is always around people who are in the jet set league but she blew it this time. She may be her own woman but she is afterall the sister to the next Queen of England. I think she made a big boo boo. She may not have control over what others do but she does have control of what she does next. If anything she needs to realize that she has left a mark on her otherwise clean background and has maybe embarrassed her sister. I know she is still young but come on now. I say she dump those friends and hang out with people who are not as careless and stupid because really, that was totally stupid. Just my opinion.

The entente has not be very cordiale lately at all. Sarkozy has seen to that.

I'm really not sure what to make of this discussion.

What has happened? A perfectly private citizen from the UK met up with French acquaintances and was followed around Paris by paparazzi reminiscencing of Diana's last day. At one point they start interacting with the paparazzi and the driver plays around with a toy weapon. They all have fun.

Now this is totally blown out of proportion. Suddenly Ms. Middleton is a representative of the BRF. Now they are playing dangerous games reminiscensing of amok shootings... Now the British police gets involved... Now Pippa is responsible for all that and faces prison - if not in France, then surely in Britain. Hello?

If you want a comparison, here it is:
If the paps had respected her privacy (and Diana's in 1997) nothing would have happened. Obviously the constant persistence of Parisian paps leads the people bothered by them to "dangerous games" like playing around with toy weapons or trying to outspeed the paps. As always the media has a field day, makes tons of money and puts the blame on the victims of their exploitation. And the people are again falling for it all, putting the blame indirectly on the RF who does not make sure Pippa behaves. It is the same old plot. And a lot of you are buying into it again.

Sad, that. What if one pap had given the young gentleman the toy weapon and told them: come on, let's play James Bond and his girl for us? And spontaneously they did? I don't know who cooked up that idea but I know who profited from it and who payed for it. Paps will do anything to get pics worth their while. And they don't care at all for their victims. This is not a new truth but one obviously or conveniently forgotten here, when the false reporting of the media is blamed on poor Ms. Middleton.

What I found interesting was that one article mentioned that Pippa has been trained to deal with the press: she is simply to smile and say nothing!

Many people perceive this behavior as Pippa loving the limelight; instead it's simply coaching on the best way to deal with media harassment.

I don't really understand people who say that this is no big deal.
Fact remains that pointing a gun at people, in public is such a poor joke. So the shootings in Paris are already forgotten? They all looked like rich little kids and it annoys me that they will only get off with a pat on the shoulders.

So... For good measure.
Dumb**... - YouTube

And boohoo, poor Ms. Middleton has such a rough life, dealing with paps and all. People much more famous then her deal with it every day and manage to not be harrased.
For entertainment purposes: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/68240112.html?page=1#comments

If she wasn't the one with the gun then I don't see why it's such a big deal. People do stupid things all the time. I don't think it's fair to crucify her for someone elses actions.

Last edited:
And to bring the shootings in Paris/Toulouse into it is just so crass.

If she wasn't the one with the gun then I don't see why it's such a big deal. People do stupid things all the time. I don't think it's fair to crucify her for someone elses actions.
In France, it is illegal to be seen with a gun, real or not. Not only the person actually holding the gun, but also those with him can be prosecuted and sentences to up to seven years (if the gun is real) and three years (if it isn't).

Is it illegal to be seen with any kind of gun? Like a water pistol?

:previous:
Any kind of gun (and weapon in general) that resembles and/or can be mistaken for a real one.
So, for example, if a water pistol is painted black and has the appearance of a real one, it is indeed illegal.

In this particular case, the driver actually pointed at a person a gun that resembled a real one from a distance (and even in close ups). Of course, we now know that the paparazzi in question was aware it was a fake, which may help all involved to avoid any (serious) consequences. If he hadn't been aware, or if the gun were real, they would all be definitely be charged, including Pippa.

Last edited:
In France, it is illegal to be seen with a gun, real or not. Not only the person actually holding the gun, but also those with him can be prosecuted and sentences to up to seven years (if the gun is real) and three years (if it isn't).
Well then the law's a a joke. Looks like I won't ever be taking my nephew to Disneyland Paris as he takes an obviously fake looking gun with him everywhere. He loves playing cowboys and Indians.

Well then the law's a joke. Looks like I won't ever be taking my nephew to Disneyland Paris as he takes an obviously fake looking gun with him everywhere. He loves playing cowboys and Indians.
I explained better in my next post; only guns (and other weapons) that look real are illegal.
An obviously fake-looking gun would not present problems. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom