Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Middleton girls are incapable of doing their make-up.
Never fully line your lower eyelid. Ever.

Ah, April in Paris....I have to say that the two French brothers are very toothsome! She's certainly keeping everyone guessing with all these eligible men she's stepping out with.

BTW, it's nice that the DM keeps tabs on the forums; I see they corrected the spelling of "bustle" in their headline after I pointed out the typo!;)

Last edited:
Pippa's happy weekend in Paris has turned out to have potentially very serious consequences. The Sun's headline:
Shock as Pippa Middleton pal
points pistol in crazy car stunt

The article has pictures of the driver of the car pointing a gun at the camerman. I'm sure it is extremely frustrating to be stalked and hounded by the press. And it looks like the driver was just joking and fooling around. But these friends have created a situation that seems very serious. It sounds as if she has already been questioned by the British police. Shock as smirking Pippa Middleton pal points gun in crazy car stunt | The Sun |News

Oh dear oh dear. I hope nothing comes of this situation, other than the press stop harassing people.

Uh, this isn't about the press pestering them; aiming a gun at ANYONE is STUPID and IRRESPONSIBLE in the extreme and even waving a gun around in public can get you arrested in the US. How stupid he is and how stupid that Pippa actually didn't look the slightest bit ashamed. In France just weeks ago there was a vicious shooting and now these dolts play at being gangsters. She will hopefully be cited for something. Stupid stupid woman.

Her friends have crossed the line of sensibility, but to call Pippa stupid is uncalled for.

Her friends have crossed the line of sensibility, but to call Pippa stupid is uncalled for.

It's just one pic and we have no idea how close the photographer was to the car. With a good tele, he could have been hundreds of meters away - way beyond any shooting distance. France as all other European countries has its own law about possession and usage of guns. Here in Germany, it is fully legal to carry a gun if you have the proper permission and to show the gun to someone in a car. That is not yet "usage" of the gun. The moment you use it (for threatening eg, not yet shooting it) you subject to prosecution, with quite some cases were the usage was legal but some which wasn't.

Another question is: what does French law says about the interior of cars, especially in that case of convertibles. Is it "private space" or "public space"? Of course you are allowed to point anywhere with a legally possessed gun in your home. And if somebody looks into your window, he might feel threatened but that is nothing of your doing. Is it the same thing in a car?

In any case it is not a question for British police but for the French, and believe me, these guys are quick when it comes to illegal possessions of whatever. I'm sure they will find out what really happened and then a prosecutor will decide to do something about it or not. And there will be a judgment.

Till that moment, all people involved are to be considered innocent.

As for the amok shootings: people of means in today's time have no difficulty to obtain legal permission to own weapons for self-defense. Then there are all those people who shoot as a sport. So there are myriads of legal and illegal weapons around. But tha doesn't lead necessarily to more amok shootings because if you want to do that there's always a way to acquire weapons. Sad, but that's how it is.

great over 100 years of Entente cordiale undone by pippa bravo :lol:

Pippa Middleton at centre of gun probe after friend is seen brandishing a pistol as he drives her in his Audi convertible
Disturbing images of Pippa Middleton sitting next to a friend as he brandishes a handgun while driving a car are being investigated by detectives in Paris today. The pictures were captured as Prince William’s 27-year-old sister-in-law travelled in an Audi convertible in the centre of the French capital. The driver of the car can clearly be seen pointing what looks like a semi-automatic pistol at a photographer.
It may sound unfair, but if it were a real gun and Pippa is broadly smiling like that, it's a serious misjudgement on her part, to say at least.
Because of her high profile (acquired because of her sister's marriage and the part she played in the wedding ceremony), her actions will be reflected on the royal family in general, and especially Kate.

Last edited:
Extremely tasteless (Toulouse - hello!), silly, careless and dangerous. The list goes on I'm afraid. If it is a real gun, these guys are idiots. Pardon my language. And it does reflect on Pippa. She may not have played with the gun, but tolerating such things is not much better than doing them. The French laws are strict (even if it is a fake gun, someone could face a "holiday" in prison for doing such things), but I have a feeling they may get away with it because of "connections". :yuk:

Last edited:
I really don't know what to make of this. Sky News is saying it was an 'imitation' gun. The impression I got from the press is that these guys she was with were extremely eligible and from good families.

I suppose if the chap who's giving you a lift to the train station suddenly pulls out a fake gun and points it at a paparazzo what are you going to do, jump from a moving car? You could say she shouldn't be associating with people like this, but who knows how well she knows these people?

I suspect she won't be heading to Paris to hang out with them again anytime soo.

Even if the gun were fake (and we don't know it at this point), French has very strict laws and the maximum jail time for brandishing it in public is two years for all involved, not only the one actually holding the gun. In addition, the guy is actually aiming at someone; if a police officer witnessed that, not knowing whether the gun was real or not, he'd have full right to take appropriate actions (which would included putting his own very much real gun into action).

Obviously, Pippa shouldn't have jumped from the car (although it was not moving at the point; the guy with the gun was behind the wheels). But she most definitely shouldn't have been laughing and indulging his behaviour either. At least, that's my opinion of this sad incident.
They'll be lucky if they aren't charged.

Last edited:
oh come on girls: you know very well, when boy's are doing stupid around you - you have to options: trying to laugh him out of it or getting serious. She opted for the first - as a lot of us would have done in that situation. Because most of the times it works best.

It doesn't mean necessarily she enjoyed it.

I definitely no Pippa fan - but one has to be fair

I stick to my opinion; the entire incident was a very serious error of judgement on Pippa's part, and of course the guy who was actually holding the gun.
If the gun is fake, they may get off easily, but if it is real, they will be charged.
It has nothing to do with Pippa personally; I would have had the same opinion about any person in similar position.

I just can't over the absolute stupidity of pointing a gun-fake or real-in public. It's stupid, dangerous, and illegal. It LOOKS real. Certainly, it would be a valid assumption on anyone's part to think that it was.

I'm trying to figure out why anyone would be carrying around a fake gun. For the costume party they supposedly were going to? Or to show off if they had problems with photographers?

:previous:
The costume party was two nights before. And I seriously doubt there were semi-automatic pistols in 18th century.
Certainly a very stupid action on the part of everyone concerned.

Stupid, definition of: regarded as showing a lack of intelligence, perception, or common sense.

Pippa = stupid in this one.

Being with that many guys at one time doesn't look good either.

I do hope there is something to pay, other than a fine.

Thanks. I didn't know exactly when the party was--or what the time period of the party was supposed to be.

Talk about beyond stupid.

Not good at all in my book; a lapse of judgment for all involved. Whether that gun was real or fake, that should not have been brandished in public. I just cannot believe the idiot pulling that gun out and everyone thinking it so funny. Pippa definitely needs to rethink about the companions she hangs out with.

Last edited:
I stick to my opinion; the entire incident was a very serious error of judgement on Pippa's part, and of course the guy who was actually holding the gun.
If the gun is fake, they may get off easily, but if it is real, they will be charged.
It has nothing to do with Pippa personally; I would have had the same opinion about any person in similar position.
I are absolutely correct.
Stupid, definition of: regarded as showing a lack of intelligence, perception, or common sense.

Pippa = stupid in this one.

Being with that many guys at one time doesn't look good either.

I do hope there is something to pay, other than a fine.
I fully agree with you.

They're not kids, it was stupid and irresponsible. Pippa should thinks more about people with whom she's hanging around. One bad move and Middletons (and Kate) will be shown in very bad light.

I can't believe anyone would say Pippa shouldn't be with a few male friends on her own. What's the insinuation there? A pretty nasty one I would think.

If Pippa's guilty of anything it's of choosing to spend a bit of time with someone who made a stupid mistake. We don't know enough to make further judgements, although I see others are choosing to do so anyway.

Totally agree with you EIIR.....it sounded to me as if someone either had a very sheltered youth or a very boring one, but I would bet the same scene could be seen on any university campus or in any city on any day of the week.

Regardless of whether or not the gun was fake or real, these clowns obviously used it to put forward an act of threatening with a weapon. To me it ranks right up there on the stupid ladder such as yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater which is highly illegal here in the States.

What Pippa should have done or shouldn't have done is really a moot point. None of us know how we're going to react in a split second when something unexpected happens like this. As far as reflecting on the BRF, I would hope the public is intelligent enough to realize that Pippa has really no royal standing other than sister in law to William.

^ I totally agree, Osipi.

I can't believe anyone would say Pippa shouldn't be with a few male friends on her own. What's the insinuation there? A pretty nasty one I would think.

So true. I see no problem with Pippa (or any woman) hanging out with male friends.

Last edited:

If Pippa's guilty of anything it's of choosing to spend a bit of time with someone who made a stupid mistake. We don't know enough to make further judgements, although I see others are choosing to do so anyway.

None of us are responsible for what someone in our company might suddenly do. From what I have gathered, in France, the charges are just as serious when the gun is fake. If Pippa didn't know the fellow had the object in his posession until he brandished it, she cannot be implicated. Yet had she known, what could she have done or said to stop his ridiculous action?
To insinuate she is immoral and dangerous is beyond the pale and untrue.

One of the photographers has spoken out on the incident and he says the gun was plastic.

Photographer Chasing Pippa Speaks! - The Daily Beast

"We had been following Pippa since the beginning of the day. She was hyper cool, we even chatted with her and her friends. It was a fine day, and the atmosphere was truly very relaxed. When the driver pulled out his plastic pistol, it was for a joke, to play around. A few minutes later, when the vehicle had parked, I was able to touch the plastic weapon which the driver showed to me. It was possible to see that it was the kind of thing you would find in a toy shop. It's a real shame to see the magnitude this story is taking on."

I still think it was an extremely stupid thing to do, but this at least puts things into context.

Last edited:
Pippa Middleton at centre of gun probe after friend is seen brandishing a pistol as he drives her in his Audi convertible

It may sound unfair, but if it were a real gun and Pippa is broadly smiling like that, it's a serious misjudgement on her part, to say at least.
Because of her high profile (acquired because of her sister's marriage and the part she played in the wedding ceremony), her actions will be reflected on the royal family in general, and especially Kate.

You're right. But at the moment its sensationalism at its best. Ahhh.. worst. Let's wait till we get something official, okay?:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom