Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And many many others found that they could be fulfilled in ways they never knew were options. Your take on feminist history is... inaccurate and alarming.

Alas, it's a conversation for another time. I'm personally excited to see what Pippa does with her career- she seems quite career driven.

For Pete's sake - what I am saying is more complicated than 'fulfillment in other ways'. Career and family are not the same. I lived through it - I was part of it - what I am saying is hardly 'inaccurate' - and far from 'alarming'. (Some feminist rhetoric is 'alarming' when it comes to that). Some truths and realities got thrown out in the passions of the moment of achieving equality - I know, I was there, and its evident for anyone doing a careful read of feminist history.

I loathe feminism and I am a feminist. Pippa nor any other woman should need children and a husband to fulfill them unless that is what they want. Pippa is in her mid 20s and a woman doesn't have to rush to get married in her 20s. As for Pippa's popularity, it will wane in time whether she is married or not.

Again, going that way is not 'obvious' from what I said. Career fulfillment is very different from creating a family of one's own. The belief that was 'marketed' - in the passions of the moment - by very young women (and I was one of them) - was that men and family were on a par with a career and of similar weight. They are not.

Last edited:
According to some women, men and family are low on the list of importance.

XeniaCasaraghi said:
According to some women, men and family are low on the list of importance.

Some women don't think it's fair for anyone to assume that it's what they want OR that it's what they need to do to be worth anything.

Most of us do value our family and relationships. But the idea that we have to rush to that before our butts lose their youthful shape is pretty darn offensive.

Let's get back on topic with the subject of Pippa and not Feminism 101.

I think Pippa is likely to get very tired of all the fuss - especially given that she has no protection. The romantic in me would like to see her marry a Duke or something - especially a European Royal - I think that would be a very cool thing. However, Pippa's current main squeeze looks pretty darn appealing - can't see many a man who would eclipse him. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Tyger, Pippa does have a rather dashing suitor. In fact I would much rather look at him than her. Still cannot understand why the constant fuss over Pippa in the press.

IMO Pippa is a young,spirited woman with lots of interests and aspirations who is enjoying her life!I guess she´s not uncomfortable with the attention she gets-Which woman wouldn´t love to be adored and get compliments for her looks and her style? If she wanted to be less public she would find a way to be more anonymous-there are lots of famous people like Kate Winslet or Jodie Foster who are not in the tabloids regularly even though they are very popular.They just avoid certain "hot spots"-trendy restaurants,designer shops,certain events that are frequented by celebrities and paparazzis and have more privacy!I like Pippa a lot,she seems like a very nice,easy-going person and I think she will know what she wants to do with her life :)

Pippa Middleton gets parking penalty as warden tickets her BMW convertible | Mail Online

Wannabe-celebrities like Pippa using the old trick, park your fancy car where you are not allowed to, a guarantee to get your picture taken while showing off your expensive handbag :yuk:

We had the same pictures of Catherine in the past: ticket on windscreen, car clamped... While looking at these pics, people blamed Catherine exactly as they are doing now with Pippa, accusing her of wanting being told about. Now that Catherine is no more Waity-Katy, that William wedded her and that she is duchess Catherine, paparazzis leave her alone (and she has a big protection which avoids paparazzis to disturb her): she can live a more quiet life. So paparazzis/tabloïds need a new one to follow, to criticize. And this new one is Pippa: they invent her many love stories, shoots her car when she gets a ticket, shoots her when she parties... I don't understand why all this interest, and all these critics. People were shocked because Catherine never worked, and Pippa has a job. She parties, but York sisters do it too. Pippa spends her parents'money? York sisters do it too, and this is worse because this money comes from british people. Middletons can spend their money as they want, they earned it honestly, they are free to do all that they want with it, it's their problem. All this fuss about Pippa is a bit unfair. I am personnally bored by all this pics of her, thinking "oh no, not her, not again!" when looking at pictures, reading articles. But I don't think that she deserves al these negative critics wrote by tabloids. And I'm quite sure that Pippa is not the only one to have problems with her car in London, but unfortunately she's Prince William's sister in law, so these incidents are known by the whole world.

Last edited:
Let's go back to talking about how ridiculous this non-stop talk about Pippa is.
When I get online tomorrow, I might post some pix of women who have real curves.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO Pippa is a young,spirited woman with lots of interests and aspirations who is enjoying her life! I guess she's not uncomfortable with the attention she gets - what woman wouldn't love to be adored and get compliments for her looks and her style? If she wanted to be less public she would find a way to be more anonymous - there are lots of famous people like Kate Winslet or Jodie Foster who are not in the tabloids regularly even though they are very popular. They just avoid certain "hot spots" -trendy restaurants, designer shops, certain events that are frequented by celebrities and paparazzis and have more privacy! I like Pippa a lot, she seems like a very nice, easy-going person and I think she will know what she wants to do with her life :)

Excellent post - I agree with you. There are choices she can make - though in her case if she decides to constrain her choices its because of her sister (the wife of a Royal prince) not because of herself - and that's a bummer. That her life must change just because she's pretty and photogenic is sad - but so it is - especially since she's single. The romance of it is compelling - though it must surely have its 'testing' moments.

Last edited:
Please note that non relevants posts (that have nothing to do with Pippa Middleton) have been deleted.

Why is she even on this posting site? She is as royal as Laura Lopes. And that is amazing, too. It is amazing that if you sneezed in a "royal" living room" you qualify. Pippa is the siter of Kate. How about some cousins?

There are several non royals who have threads at TRF. They are persons of interest and are posted in the In the News forums.

Laura Lopes and Tom Parker Bowles have threads in the Charles and Camilla subforums. As does Diana, Princess of Wales siblings.

Where's a James Middleton thread? I would have a lot of fun in there. Now that is hott.

I love the black and purple, but that hat is ridiculous.

I love the purple and black outfit Pippa wore to the recent wedding. Dislike the odd hat.

Why is she even on this posting site? She is as royal as Laura Lopes. And that is amazing, too. It is amazing that if you sneezed in a "royal" living room" you qualify. Pippa is the siter of Kate. How about some cousins?

With a little investigation I think you would find that as far as breeding and royalty is concerned Pippa hasn't a chance against Laura. :whistling:

With a little investigation I think you would find that as far as breeding and royalty is concerned Pippa hasn't a chance against Laura. :whistling:

Pippa and her family may not come from an aristocratic or country gentry background, but IMHO, the Middletons are much more classy than the birth family of Laura Lopes with its history of king's and prince's mistresses. I'm not denigrating Laura Lopes as a person, for all I know she could be a lovely and kind woman, but no one chooses the family into which they are born. I would hope that in 2011, two commoner women would be judged on their characters and not on their relatives.

I also get tired of the coverage of Pippa and don't understand the fascination the tabloids have with her, but she was a lovely bridesmaid for her sister and has been utterly loyal to her as well. I don't get the impression she goes looking for publicity and she certainly can't help the way the media covers her doings. At least Laura Lopes gets to live her life with much less scrutiny. Perhaps it's because Laura is married and Pippa is still free? I do think the coverage of Pippa will slow down once she weds or when Prince Harry weds. Right now I think the media is aiming for a repeat of Diana's and Fergie's friendship and the closest they can come in the current circumstance is Kate and Pippa. Who else can they compare Kate with at the present time? And we all know how newspapers love the "competition" (often existing only in Fleet Street's imagination) and comparisons between young, lovely women. I feel sorry for Pippa having to put up with them.

I get the impression that Pippa just loves the attention ... otherwise she wouldnt have been out and about at most society events (Wimbledon etc) in new outfits and wouldnt park her car in the wrong spot every other week (a well known paparazzi hunting ground in Chelsea), she is young and quite attractive and is playing that card with the media, most likely to her own advantage.

:previous: I couldn't agree more.
As to the Middleton's having more class than Laura's family. :ROFLMAO:
I might agree that at the wedding they were the best dressed but that doesn't make them anything more than a family that made money and managed to take the first prize in the marriage stakes with a pretty daughter.

:previous: I couldn't agree more.
As to the Middleton's having more class than Laura's family. :ROFLMAO:
I might agree that at the wedding they were the best dressed but that doesn't make them anything more than a family that made money and managed to take the first prize in the marriage stakes with a pretty daughter.

Making it into the ranks of the well-moneyed by way of entrepreneurship and hard work is - IMO - far classier than being born with a silver spoon in one's mouth. Having in the family two mistresses of two Princes of Wales, one of whom went on to be King's mistress upon her married lover's ascending the Throne and the other being involved in the break-up of a family with young children and then marrying this Prince strikes me as an utter lack of class. Adultery is adultery no matter the rank of those involved. The Middletons seem to have a close knit marriage and the children are close to each other as well as to their parents; in these days of easy divorce, I find that a very classy accomplishment to have raised a family like that.

I give William enough credit to believe that after knowing his wife for a decade (and her family for almost the same time)plus living with her for many years, he would have long ago realised if she were playing the "marriage stakes" and looking upon him as the "prize" and if that had been the case, she would not currently be HRH The Duchess of Cambridge.

IMO it's character that matters and not to whom one is related. This is the twenty-first century and it's to be hoped that judging the classiness of a family no longer entails feudal remnants such as "blue blood", proximity to the Throne and whether one's money is inherited or earned for one's self. I am sure the Middletons are glad to have earned a good amount of money and they must be delighted to see their daughter happily married to the man she loves and who loves her. They're probably also concerned with how she's going to cope with her new role, considering the fate of three of the last generations' marriages.

Ms. Lopes, as I previously posted, could very well be a wonderful young woman. For whatever reason, the tabloids are not interested in her as they are in Pippa. I don't see Pippa looking for attention, but just living the life of any typical well-off young person. Should she stop attending Wimbledon or other society events merely because the tabloids are following her? This is the life she has led since university and what reason could there be for her to allow the press to control what she does or where she goes? As for the parking tickets, during my years in London, I saw many people in a rush opt to take the chance of getting a ticket and having to pay the fine rather than spend time they didn't have searching for a legal space.

Again, I'm no fan of Pippa's; she doesn't interest me. However, I don't understand why so many of the comments made about her on this forum reference her family background in a negative fashion. Diana, Princess of Wales had sisters who attended Ascot and the Epsom Derby and other social season events; her mother often sat with or without Diana in the Royal Box at Wimbledon and I never saw anyone remark on any of this at the time. Her brother's growing-up antics were covered, but with a wink and a grin. No adverse comments appeared when Diana appointed her sister Sarah as a lady-in-waiting.

The difference is simple: Diana came from an aristocratic, courtier family while the Middletons are middle class who came up in the world due to their own ideas and hard work. At bottom it's pure snobbery and old fashioned, cynical snobbery at that. Diana very much wanted her sons to treat everybody as equals; I'm glad to see they took her teachings to heart and that William married a woman he loved for her character, looks and personality rather than what position she had or didn't have in Debrett's or Burke's. But it's sad to see that class - in the old sense of the word - and arrogance still occupy a large segment of some Brits' psyches.:bang:

Last edited:
I agree with what you posted above-especially this one: Making it into the ranks of the well-moneyed by way of entrepreneurship and hard work is - IMO - far classier than being born with a silver spoon in one's mouth.

Some of the most influental,hard-working modern royals that I look up to were born "commoners" but they have a lot of style,integrity,grace and dignity and most of them also attended university or had a career before they married into a royal family.Examples for Queens: Silvia from Sweden or from Jordan Q.Rania,Q. Noor or Queen Alia (who was the first "working-queen" in Jordan if I´m not mistaken- she did more than just represent,instead chose to work for charity-especially children in need and education) and there are also many princesses like CP Mary from Denmark,Letizia or Maxima who are doing a gret job!

I also don´t understand this obsession with bashing Pippa-she is an independent, modern,stylish & educated girl and I´m sure she has better things to do than waiting for her Prince Charming ;-)

If there were more hard-working families with ambition like the Middletons, our economy would be much better off and young people wouldn´t have to worry if they will receive any pension when they are old....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom