Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My initial thought was that Pippa would choose something sleek and minimalist, but then I thought that she'd definitely want to avoid anything reminiscent of THAT bridesmaid's dress!

So perhaps she'll go for something more flamboyant?

What about a color other than white or cream?
Pippa seems to prefer vibrant colors. Red?

Last edited:
I wouldn't look twice at the Rosa Clara either if it was selecting a dress after my own taste. Somehow it did impress me that it would be something that Pippa would be drawn to for its simplicity.

Its also sleek enough to accentuate her fine toned body without being suggestive.

It's too matronly or something for Pippa. I don't think it would do anything for her.

LaRae

My initial thought was that Pippa would choose something sleek and minimalist, but then I thought that she'd definitely want to avoid anything reminiscent of THAT bridesmaid's dress!

So perhaps she'll go for something more flamboyant?

If you mean like ruffles/feathers etc? Maybe something modern but not sure about frilly or lots of detail.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always thought that Lady Sarah Chatto's dress one of the loveliest wedding dresses I've ever seen. I think something simple like that would look great on Pippa.

Ok. I had another brain blip. What if Pippa went totally unique. Perhaps reverting to a 1940s style dress and instead of a veil, wears a hat with that netting stuffs that goes over the eyes? Is she that much of a traditionalist that she wouldn't consider something like this?

I did find a 1940s style dress I think would look great on her.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/28851253835019674/

If I were Pippa, I'd go for a dress with some color, to get away from memories of that sleek white bridemaid's dress.

Then she could have the rest of the wedding party in white! Choose something surprising.

(Although when Earl Spencer's first wife wore gold, I seem to remember that absolutely no one liked it- except Barbara Cartland. But who wants an endorsement from someone so addicted to pink feathers?)

I am looking forward to seeing George and Charlotte in all their finery on "the" day and I bet they're both really excited about what they are going to do, and maybe even having wedding practices in the kitchen with a Lupo in a starring role as the bride. :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I had another brain blip. What if Pippa went totally unique. Perhaps reverting to a 1940s style dress and instead of a veil, wears a hat with that netting stuffs that goes over the eyes? Is she that much of a traditionalist that she wouldn't consider something like this?

I did find a 1940s style dress I think would look great on her.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/28851253835019674/

It's called a bird cage.

That style us extremely popular now. Pretty mainstream, not unique now.

I don't think we will see a birdcage. It's too similar to a fascinator. Her wedding is meant to be something different.

Do we think Pippa will wear a tiara for her wedding?

She might but I hope not. I believe Pippa wants a contrast between her sister's wedding and her own and a non Royal tiara would be a pale imitation, I think. It might be different if she was marrying an aristocrat. However, I'm hoping for something different in the hair and headdress department. A nice large piece of jewellery pinning the veil perhaps.

I am probably the only one that really wants this to be just an old fashioned small family/friends only wedding. Traditional gown [no bare shoulders] men dressed traditionally and children seen only in procession in church then tucked away with sitter rest of day so adults can enjoy the event. No little darlings running around at reception making noise and being a pain when they are actually too young to even realize what the event is all about. But, they are close family and belong for photos. The only ones making a big deal about all this is the media and most of them are scum anyway. Pippa has never gone out of her way to invite but has continued her life without interviews or selling her time. In fact, she has much more class by just keeping a calm pleasant face than some of the other "dates" of royals that hide their faces and almost look annoyed or mad all the time. So I don't ever blame Pippa or her brother for the stories written about her, just the mutated media. She is just a normal young woman. I am sure that if the media followed any of us around like they do her, tons of people would find us non-interesting with no proper role also. Just a boring normal human living life without wanting handouts from the government and asking for nothing but happiness. JMHO

Do we think Pippa will wear a tiara for her wedding?

I doubt it.
Stephen Jones was seen with Carole, so if he is designing a special headdress for Pippa it almost certainly won't include a tiara.

(Though I suppose he could be designing for Carole).

I dont see her going for a tiara for two reasons

1 She won't want to be compared to Kate

2 Brides without any aristocratic roots wear tiaras as they seem to be going for a princess like look. I don't see Pippa going for the princess ball gown, not just because of her sister.

I don't see a fascinator. But I think she will have jewelry it something in her hair. I am starting to imagine a Downtown abbey or Gatsby style, dress and hair ornament wise. I think the style suits her. And it would also be sleek and unlike Kate while different enough from her infamous bridesmaid gown.

http://flyawaybride.com/downton-abbey-style-wedding-gowns/
http://chicvintagebrides.com/art-deco-bridal-hair-accessories/

Last edited:
I am hoping she'll wear a nice veil and maybe a small headpiece of some sort that goes with the veil.

Honestly some folks cannot be believed...it's her sister's children, her niece and nephew she's having in her wedding (and possibly her sister) it's not the 'royals' she is having. If she was interested in trading on that she could of done a big all out wedding (not like she doesn't have the money to do it) and made a big to-do. Instead it's a small (relatively speaking) private wedding.

Really if you don't like her then don't post in threads about her.

LaRae

Please note that this thread has been tidied up to remove disruptive/empty posts that add nothing to the discussion - subsequent responses have also been deleted.

Last edited:
:lol: Not happening! :lol:

It's one thing to cash in indirectly through association (I'm sure PP did well out of it's royal association), but a blatant cheque in hand for the couple following pics of their royal bridal party members is not something Carole for one would allow.

He probably won't even notice it anyhow! :lol:

Not happening! It's one thing to cash in indirectly through association (I'm sure PP did well out of it's royal association), but a blatant cheque in hand for the couple following pics of their royal bridal party members is not something Carole for one would allow.

He probably won't even notice it anyhow!

Carole has that kind of clout? :sad: Strange.

I would have no problem with them getting paid for a spread. Why not? Perks happen all the time for social reasons, why should this be any different? Far less egregious than some perks I know of.

Not sure I agree about the loss. That loss is 2/3 of total value. That's huge. :sad:

I would have no problem with them getting paid for a spread. Why not? Perks happen all the time for social reasons, why should this be any different? Far less egregious than some perks I know of.

Not sure I agree about the loss. That loss is 2/3 of total value. That's huge. :sad:

She's the Machiavelli of the class warriors, just through her sheer existence.

I still say it is tacky.

As for Matthews' losses, isn't he worth something like $40 million? So he probably can absorb the loss without resorting to selling his wedding pictures.

I think it's very unlikely Meghan will be there....however about the dress. I think Pippa is going to go sleek and modern and nothing like what Kate wore.

LaRae

Yes. I see her in a gown like Carolyn Bessette wore when she married John Kennedy, Jr.

Hardly a scoop from Camilla Tominey , daughter's family stays at parents house.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...dding-Royal-Duke-Duchess-Cambridge-Middletons

Why would the in laws stay at the Middletons house? The Middletons didn't stay at BP for Kate's wedding and there is way more space there.

Harry probably doesn't even spend the night. His policemen can just drive him home afterwards. Berkshire isn't that far from London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom