Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry goes on holidays with Eugenie, he doesn't go on holidays with Catherine (at least not since the 2005 ski trip with Charles). Harry goes to Eugenie's birthdays parties, he's never been recorded at any of Catherine's birthdays. He been photographed spending time with Eugenie in London -pubs, clubs, movie premieres, etc. But believe what you want to believe.

For all of her married birthdays Kate has spent them "privately" so, no, there are no photographs to show who was there or not, assuming there was something to be there at! :lol: Those sort of parties tend to fade when you leave your twenties and Kate's first as a royal was her 30th.

Leaving the wider guest list aside I'm much more interested in who will be bridesmaid or matron of honour, assuming not Kate (on which assumption we have nothing to go on other than pure speculation!)

Who are Pippa's close girlfriends?

I find it highly unlikely Donna wouldn't be invited. It is one thing if he is casually dating and limited space. But he and Donna have been together for years.

Quite! James and Donna have a few years on the actual bride and groom! :lol:

Family wedding, brother's partner.

For all of her married birthdays Kate has spent them "privately" so, no, there are no photographs to show who was there or not, assuming there was something to be there at! :lol: Those sort of parties tend to fade when you leave your twenties and Kate's first as a royal was her 30th.

Leaving the wider guest list aside I'm much more interested in who will be bridesmaid or matron of honour, assuming not Kate (on which assumption we have nothing to go on other than pure speculation!)

Who are Pippa's close girlfriends?

Actually we do have some pictures from Catherine's "married" birthdays, including her 31st at Cirque du Soleil and her 34th and 35th at Amner. Harry wasn't at these at he wasn't rumored at the others either.

As for Pippa's female friends, Pippa does in fact have several close female friends that she's known for many years. The most notable being: Alice St John Webster, Camilla Campion-Awwad, Camilla Hook, Rowena Macrae, Philippa Townley, and her unnamed friend whom she has been frequently pictured with since University - you can see her here http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Pippa+Middleton/2012+US+Open+Day+10/ZF-wTLNl0Sy

Quite! James and Donna have a few years on the actual bride and groom! :lol:

Family wedding, brother's partner.

I don't agree that James and Donna have "years" on the bride and groom. Pippa and fiance started dating in 2012, and they are reported to be friends dating back to Pippa's university years. James and Donna met in 2013 and started dating in 2013.

Pippa has two close girlfriends that I know of, both of them the same age or a little older than herself, who went to Marlborough and were also friends of Kate's.
One is Alice St John Webster who taught languages and married Gerald Alvenel in 2012, a wedding Kate, William and Pippa attended.
The other is Camilla Campion-Awaad who is part Jordanian and works for the family cosmetic surgery business.

Philippa Townley is an option as chief bridesmaid I suppose, as she's still single. However, if Pippa follows the template of fashionable society weddings in England, most of her bridal attendants will be children. Apart from George I don't know where they will come from, as neither Pippa or James have child cousins or very young nieces. I think Charlotte will be too young.

Last edited:
It seems unlikely; isn't it a bit early for a hen party?

Not really and definitely not if you're planning it overseas.

A Hen Party ANYHERE in the UK would probably have been a nightmare to plan for. Ok, so plenty of well heeled chums with castles etc. at your disposal maybe, but bit boring when that can be any old weekend!

The overseas weekend break for those who can afford it, tagged as it is on to the overall wedding bill, is getting more and more the norm.

Good on them if they did indeed pull it off!

The media never got pictures of Catherine attending her Uncle Simon's wedding in 2011, or pictures of her attending her Cousin Adam's weddings a few years ago. I guess her uncle and cousin weren't being realistic, but they lucked out nonetheless.

Quite right, or if they did I missed it! :lol:

I guess the main difference is that the uncle and cousin are, were and will remain most likely, unknown peeps to the general public unlike Pippa who has a very high profile both as a Royal in-law and career / sporty person of sorts.

Of course she is managing the media aspect associated with this wedding, indeed it would be a crashing disappointment if there was no media aspect, I suspect!

I don't agree that James and Donna have "years" on the bride and groom. Pippa and fiance started dating in 2012, and they are reported to be friends dating back to Pippa's university years. James and Donna met in 2013 and started dating in 2013.

Read the post! A few years! :) And they do! They have been dating for -
is it? - four years now.

Pippa and former partner Nico broke up in the latter quarter of 2015, eighteen or nineteen months ago. Unless you know something we don't regarding Pippa and James?! :lol:

Read the post! A few years! :) And they do! They have been dating for -
is it? - four years now.

Pippa and former partner Nico broke up in the latter quarter of 2015, eighteen or nineteen months ago. Unless you know something we don't regarding Pippa and James?! :lol:

And Pippa and her fiancé have been dating on-off for five years and they've been friends for over a decade. And if you believe the tabloids James and Donna were broken up for half of 2016. I don't see where one can argue that James and Donna have more relationship clout or know each other better. Also Pippa and James have been living together even prior to their engagement, James and Donna don't.

Pippa has two close girlfriends that I know of, both of them the same age or a little older than herself, who went to Marlborough and were also friends of Kate's.
One is Alice St John Webster who taught languages and married Gerald Alvenel in 2012, a wedding Kate, William and Pippa attended.
The other is Camilla Campion-Awaad who is part Jordanian and works for the family cosmetic surgery business.

Philippa Townley is an option as chief bridesmaid I suppose, as she's still single. However, if Pippa follows the template of fashionable society weddings in England, most of her bridal attendants will be children. Apart from George I don't know where they will come from, as neither Pippa or James have child cousins or very young nieces. I think Charlotte will be too young.

Ok, thanks :)

I think George, yes and again yes, Charlotte too young.

If she has decided on family rather than friends, there is Tallulah, Carole's niece who is about 14 or 15 now? Are there any female cousins on the Middleton side? Aside from Adam, godfather to Princess Charlotte and Simon whom I heard of further up the thread, the Middleton family are unknown to me.

And Pippa and her fiancé have been dating on-off for five years and they've been friends for over a decade. And if you believe the tabloids James and Donna were broken up for half of 2016. I don't see where one can argue that James and Donna have more relationship clout or know each other better. Also Pippa and James have been living together even prior to their engagement, James and Donna don't.

Being friends and being in a relationship doesn't compare.

Pippa had two high profile long term relationships - Alex and Nico - over a number of years, well since her profile rose following the wedding 6 years ago, prior to her current one. Both, I'm sure were very serious while they lasted and we can only assume there was no shadowy figure looming in the background! :whistling:

Getting back with an old flame isn't unusual and she is a lot older now, there is a bit of an age gap.

As there is with James and Donna, who four years on are still going strong as far as we know.

Last edited by a moderator:

The part I bolded, I think, makes a huge difference in a successful marriage. Sometimes being best friends and having other romantic interest just makes for a deeper friendship as you know you always have that shoulder to lean on should you need it. Its not so much the dating period and how long it is or was but the intimacy of the friendship between two people that decide to marry.

I sincerely believe that a couple should be best friends before anything else in a relationship.

The part I bolded, I think, makes a huge difference in a successful marriage. Sometimes being best friends and having other romantic interest just makes for a deeper friendship as you know you always have that shoulder to lean on should you need it. Its not so much the dating period and how long it is or was but the intimacy of the friendship between two people that decide to marry.

I sincerely believe that a couple should be best friends before anything else in a relationship.

I agree. It's interesting looking back in hindsight. While dating Nico, she was photographed with James Matthews almost as much as she was photographed with Nico. Sometimes all 3 would even be photographed together. :lol: Here's the trio in 2013, Nico is obscured but he's standing next to Matthews http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/18/article-2295509-18C03E8F000005DC-370_634x365.jpg. Here's the trio in 2014 in Istanbul with Pippa's back to the camera http://c8.alamy.com/comp/E546HB/ist...es-middleton-on-board-the-boat-the-E546HB.jpg. Not only a very strong friendship but there clearly was still unresolved feeling between Pippa and James or they wouldn't have gotten back together immediately after she split from Nico.

I agree. It's interesting looking back in hindsight. While dating Nico, she was photographed with James Matthews almost as much as she was photographed with Nico. Sometimes all 3 would even be photographed together. :lol: Here's the trio in 2013, Nico is obscured but he's standing next to Matthews http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/18/article-2295509-18C03E8F000005DC-370_634x365.jpg. Here's the trio in 2014 in Istanbul with Pippa's back to the camera http://c8.alamy.com/comp/E546HB/ist...es-middleton-on-board-the-boat-the-E546HB.jpg. Not only a very strong friendship but there clearly was still unresolved feeling between Pippa and James or they wouldn't have gotten back together immediately after she split from Nico.

It makes sense to me. Who do you run to when things go wrong and you break up with your boyfriend? Your best friend. Shows too that it is very possible to have a strong, intimate friendship with a member of the opposite sex on a platonic level.

What hits home for me is that this kind of thing actually happened with me after my divorce and resulted in my second marriage 5 years later and my daughter eventually ended up marrying her best friend after multiple relationships with different guys.

It makes sense to me. Who do you run to when things go wrong and you break up with your boyfriend? Your best friend. Shows too that it is very possible to have a strong, intimate friendship with a member of the opposite sex on a platonic level.

What hits home for me is that this kind of thing actually happened with me after my divorce and resulted in my second marriage 5 years later and my daughter eventually ended up marrying her best friend after multiple relationships with different guys.

Yes, it's a nice story. To go from lovers to close friends, and then get serious with each other once both are single. It kind of reminds me of Charles and Camilla's story, though C&C weren't single on paper for step 3. :D

As much as it's nice to fall for your close friend, I do feel sorry for those that are completely platonic and have no romantic interest in each other. If they're of the opposite sex they often have to put up with suspicion and innuendo. For example, poor Pippa and George Percy, Jecca and William, and Chelsy and Jacobi. That's the flip side of the coin.

As for Pippa's female friends, Pippa does in fact have several close female friends that she's known for many years. The most notable being: Alice St John Webster, Camilla Campion-Awwad, Camilla Hook, Rowena Macrae, Philippa Townley, and her unnamed friend whom she has been frequently pictured with since University - you can see her here Pippa Middleton Photos Photos - 2012 US Open - Day 10 - Zimbio

There's also Lady Melissa Percy; she and Pippa have supposedly become quite close since they became tennis partners.
But she is divorced so probably won't be a bridesmaid.

I somehow don't see Pippa as having a large wedding party anyway.
Most of her female friends are married (and the Royals never have married attendants. I know Pippa isn't royal, but I think she'll keep to that).

Still, there aren't many children in the family- unless she goes with the children of some friends.

There's also Lady Melissa Percy; she and Pippa have supposedly become quite close since they became tennis partners.
But she is divorced so probably won't be a bridesmaid.

I somehow don't see Pippa as having a large wedding party anyway.
Most of her female friends are married (and the Royals never have married attendants. I know Pippa isn't royal, but I think she'll keep to that).

Still, there aren't many children in the family- unless she goes with the children of some friends.

Royals have had married attendants.

Zara Tindell was accompanied by her maid of honour, the horse trainer Dolly Maude, whose six-year-old son Ted, six, Miss Phillips' godson, acted as page boy.

There are George and Charlotte. A teenage first cousin with Uncle Gary's daughter. James's half sister has kids too. There are three girls and a boy. All of them aren't super little. Plenty of kids to make up a bridal party plus there are probably some godchildren that could be tapped too.

The more I think about it, the more I think its plausible that we may be in for a huge surprise and see Kate as Pippa's matron of honor. :D

Its Pippa's wedding and she can do what she chooses to do and if she wants her sister to be her matron of honor, that'll be what happens.

Well if she wants a matron of honour rather than a bridesmaid who better than her own sister?

Royals have had married attendants.

Zara Tindell was accompanied by her maid of honour, the horse trainer Dolly Maude, whose six-year-old son Ted, six, Miss Phillips' godson, acted as page boy.

I didn't remember that.
But I still don't think Kate will be Matron of Honor for her sister.

I don't have any sisters, so if I get married someday I will have to have my three best friends, and maybe my brother's girlfriend.

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community

Actually we do have some pictures from Catherine's "married" birthdays, including her 31st at Cirque du Soleil and her 34th and 35th at Amner. Harry wasn't at these at he wasn't rumored at the others either.

As for Pippa's female friends, Pippa does in fact have several close female friends that she's known for many years. The most notable being: Alice St John Webster, Camilla Campion-Awwad, Camilla Hook, Rowena Macrae, Philippa Townley, and her unnamed friend whom she has been frequently pictured with since University - you can see her here Pippa Middleton Photos Photos - 2012 US Open - Day 10 - Zimbio

They were spotted together in 2012 for a few events. That is far from dating.

Back then he was a rebound date. She dated him between the end of one serious relationship (Alex Loudon) and the start of the next Nico Jackson. Her relationship with Nico ended late 2015. She started dating James in 2016. They have only been together just over a year now.

Knowing each other since college and dating for years are two different matters. James and Donna have been dating for four years. So yes, they have been a couple several years longer than Pippa and James.

They were spotted together in 2012 for a few events. That is far from dating.

Back then he was a rebound date. She dated him between the end of one serious relationship (Alex Loudon) and the start of the next Nico Jackson. Her relationship with Nico ended late 2015. She started dating James in 2016. They have only been together just over a year now.

Knowing each other since college and dating for years are two different matters. James and Donna have been dating for four years. So yes, they have been a couple several years longer than Pippa and James.

They were absolutely dating in 2012. Back in 2012, Spencer Matthews confirmed it, not the most discreet is he :lol:.

Her relationship with Nico didn't end in "late 2015". There was breakup rumors about them starting in the summer, and Pippa stopped wearing her Cartier love bracelet that he bought her. She didn't bring him to Wimbledon, she didn't bring him to Boodles Ball. She didn't spend her birthday with him. Then in September she was papped leaving James Matthews apartment in the early morning hours carrying flowers. In Fall 2015, Sophia Money-Coutts wrote an article for Tatler saying Pippa and James were back together. Sophia is the sister of Drummond, one of James Middleton's best friends.

You can believe what you want but I trust the words of Spencer and Sophia over you. They know the people in question.

They were absolutely dating in 2012. Back in 2012, Spencer Matthews confirmed it, not the most discreet is he :lol:.

Her relationship with Nico didn't end in "late 2015". There was breakup rumors about them starting in the summer, and Pippa stopped wearing her Cartier love bracelet that he bought her. She didn't bring him to Wimbledon, she didn't bring him to Boodles Ball. She didn't spend her birthday with him. Then in September she was papped leaving James Matthews apartment in the early morning hours carrying flowers. In Fall 2015, Sophia Money-Coutts wrote an article for Tatler saying Pippa and James were back together. Sophia is the sister of Drummond, one of James Middleton's best friends.

You can believe what you want but I trust the words of Spencer and Sophia over you. They know the people in question.

As you put it, James and Donna have only dated since 2013. And pippa and her fiancé started dating in 2012. Of course you left out the pretty little fact that they dated for maybe three months. Contrary to your beautiful portrayal of a five year relationship, even if Sophie is right, they have been dating for less than two years. Still less time then James and Donna.

Going out for three months after the end of a long term relationship with Alex is hardly a relationship.

But by all means keep convincing people pippa was cheating on Nico, and she and James have dated since 2012. I on the other hand give her the benefit of the doubt that she was dating Nico until he moved to Switzerland in fall 2015. She may have casually dated soon after, but it became serious with James in early 2016.

Unless you have proof she was cheating on Nico, you may want to amend that she has dated James since 2012. We aren't supposed to spread rumors.

Last edited:
As you put it, James and Donna have only dated since 2013. And pippa and her fiancé started dating in 2012. Of course you left out the pretty little fact that they dated for maybe three months. Contrary to your beautiful portrayal of a five year relationship, even if Sophie is right, they have been dating for less than two years. Still less time then James and Donna.

Going out for three months after the end of a long term relationship with Alex is hardly a relationship.

But by all means keep convincing people pippa was cheating on Nico, and she and James have dated since 2012. I on the other hand give her the benefit of the doubt that she was dating Nico until he moved to Switzerland in fall 2015. She may have casually dated soon after, but it became serious with James in early 2016.

Unless you have proof she was cheating on Nico, you may want to amend that she has dated James since 2012. We aren't supposed to spread rumors.

I said Pippa and James have been dating on-off for five years.

You are also misinformed on some of your facts. Nico moved to Switzerland in 2014, not Fall 2015 like you claim. I also never once claimed Pippa cheated. Your timeline is jumbled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. A woman hangs around with her friend that she's close to while dating another guy and its instantly that she's "cheating". To me, that's very narrow minded thinking. A person can be married and go out to concerts or dinner or somewhere with a member of the opposite sex that's a friend and its no where near "cheating". In most cases, I would think the spouse is very, very happy that he/she didn't have to go to somewhere they really didn't want to go in the first place. :ROFLMAO:

Wow. A woman hangs around with her friend that she's close to while dating another guy and its instantly that she's "cheating". To me, that's very narrow minded thinking. A person can be married and go out to concerts or dinner or somewhere with a member of the opposite sex that's a friend and its no where near "cheating". In most cases, I would think the spouse is very, very happy that he/she didn't have to go to somewhere they really didn't want to go in the first place. :ROFLMAO:

No kidding. When Pippa took her close friend Tom Kingston as her escort to Boodles Ball in 2015, his gf Gabriella Windsor didn't throw a fit and start running around the streets of London screaming "He's cheating on me!" Instead she was happily photographed with her bf a couple days later.

It's sad that some get uppity about male-female friendships. It's like I mentioned on the last page about poor Pippa and George, William and Jecca, and Chelsy and Jacobi; they shouldn't have to put up with those close-minded pearl clutchers.

Amen for sensible thinking. In my happy 30 yrs of marriage majority of my friends have been men, my work has meant either long hours or lots of socialising and spending wks away with male colleagues abroad.

:eek: Shock horror!

Why do some people ALWAYS assume the worst???

Why does it matter how long Pippa and James have been together? They have known each other for a long time. There is another thread on this forum that already is talking about how they are going to celebrate the wedding of a ginger prince and lady that he has only been pictured with three times and the last time he didn't look all that happy and spent the next 2 days hanging on a beach without her. [emoji57]

Why does it matter how long Pippa and James have been together? They have known each other for a long time. There is another thread on this forum that already is talking about how they are going to celebrate the wedding of a ginger prince and lady that he has only been pictured with three times and the last time he didn't look all that happy and spent the next 2 days hanging on a beach without her. [emoji57]

The tabloids always feed that "the wedding is imminent!" bs. They started engagement rumors about Pippa and Alex when they had been dating less than a year and said the two would beat William and Catherine to the altar. Then they said Nico proposed to Pippa in 2013 during the holiday in India, after only dating a year. And of course the countless engagement rumors about Beatrice and Dave.

Despite being a new couple and still getting to know each other, Harry and Meghan can expect engagement rumors on a regular basis until they either breakup or they make it official. The tabloids don't care how foolish and redundant they look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom