Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew Pippa was hiding something at the event yesterday. Her posing was off.

I know the family must be thrilled. The media and other royal watchers must be thrilled too. Another wedding to look forward to.

James is lucky, because Pippa is quite the catch indeed.

Last edited:
They were together for a while in 2012, then she dated Nico and broke up and about a year ago or so James and her got back together it seems. Or that's how I understood it.

Yeah, that 's what I also presumed. Thank you for clearing things up.:flowers:

Almost a year. They were first spotted together in September.

I am curious about what designer will make her dress. She's very thin and not as tall as Kate, so it will be important that the dress doesn't overwhelm her.
Of course, it will be massive publicity for any designer.

My first thought would be Alice Temperley. Pippa has an established relationship with her. I think she will stay away from McQueen and Packaham.

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

Per the Abbey's website, Royal weddings and family members of Knights of the Order of the Bath can get married at the Abbey. If that's the rule, then she can't get married there and why would she want to? We already saw that wedding five years ago.

My guess is Buckleberry, somewhere in Scotland or at James's parents hotel in the Caribbean if they want a less formal beach wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Westminster Abbey is a royal peculiar, under direct jurisdiction of the sovereign.

I'm sure if she really wanted a wedding at the Abbey, it could be done but Pippa seems like she will want something in her home town. A country wedding would be lovely.

I think it will be fairly low key....even Kate's wedding was low key on the scale of royal weddings.

She's going to try to avoid the comparisons as much as possible I think.

LaRae

I have nothing against the Middletons, but the selection of that gigantic ring seems designed to scream money and status. Why try so hard? WE KNOW. Having said that, if it was given to me I'd probably take it. Not what I would have chosen, though. Congrats to them regardless.

Pippa Middleton confirms engagement to James Matthews

We don't actually know if Pippa had anything to do with the selection of the ring. It could have all James Matthews. Kate didn't have any input to her engagement ring.

I think the ring is quite interesting and different to the typical big rock engagement ring.

They must have had a brilliant time on that vacation they recently took. ;) James came back and put a ring on it!

Last edited:
I've read that Pippa's engagement ring is a vintage one, Art Deco.

I have nothing against the Middletons, but the selection of that gigantic ring seems designed to scream money and status. Why try so hard? WE KNOW. Having said that, if it was given to me I'd probably take it. Not what I would have chosen, though. Congrats to them regardless.

I don't agree. It's big, yes! But it has design. It's not just big for the case of being big. It feels classy and traditional. IMO ofc. Also, considering she was reportedly surprised by the proposal, I assume it was he and not she who choose the ring. Maybe even a family ring or vintage since it looks very Art Deco? Either way, new or old, I like the design of it!

They must have had a brilliant time on that vacation they recently took. ;) James came back and put a ring on it!

:lol::lol::lol:

I've read that Pippa's engagement ring is a vintage one, Art Deco.

I don't think it is vintage , vintage inspired perhaps. Very nice , but a bit " blingy" for my taste .

Last edited by a moderator:
I know when I was in James Mathews' position, I walked into the jewellery store and said give me the largest stone you have that I can afford :lol:

I think the ring is lovely and compared to what we see on the fingers of celebrities, it's not very big at all

Good happiness to them both. I sincerely hope they have a brilliant and happy long life together. Love with a special partner is what life is all about

I don't think the ring is gigantic at all. Seems quite ordinary today. Plus tiny compared to the rocks on elites and entertainment news grabbers. I'm sure she was given as his choice which is proper.

I think the ring is lovely and compared to what we see on the fingers of celebrities, it's not very big at all

I agree!
I think those huge 10 or 12 carat rocks look vulgar and flashy.

I really like Pippa's ring, but then I love vintage jewelry.

Cough cough Mariah Carey ?

I think Pippa's is more tasteful compared to Beyonce or Kim K.

Congratulations to the happy couple! I absolutely love that engagements ring - it's stunning and interesting and I particularly like the shape of it. James Matthews is quite a catch, I must say!

Lovely engagement ring. Congratulations to the couple.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Personally I don't like the ring, it's just too busy. I much prefer the likes of Mary's ring.

Congratulations to her though! Excited for the wedding already :)

I quite like the ring though I wouldn't want to have to wear such a huge piece of jewellery on my finger every day. She's the one who matters though and I hope she likes it and that the two of them will have a very happy life together.

I love the vintage look, it's a lovely ring and I don't think it's all that huge. It wouldn't look good me because of stumpy fingers. :)

It is a lovely and, may I say, functional ring. The low profile should serve her well. And the size of the surrounding diamonds is impressive.

I wish them the very best and hope that this "second try" helped them realize what a great team they could be. She looks over the moon happy!

I wish her very happy endings - she seems tenacious, hard working, focused and supportive.

I think the thing I like the best about her is not that she has crawled from under her sister's shadow, but that she has her own shadow! :flowers:

I like her ring very much, and I hope that both her niece and her nephew have a role in the wedding- it would be lovely to see them in it.

This is good- once Pippa is married, and especially after she has children, paparazzi interest in her will wane considerably. (And I'm sure she's looking forward to that)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the thing I like the best about her is not that she has crawled from under her sister's shadow, but that she has her own shadow! :flowers:

I have always rather liked Pippa and I admire her for the charitable activities she has involved herself with. I will follow her with some interest. I hope she goes on to achieve good things in her future and continues to demonstrate she is more than just a "socialite" now basking in the glow of her husband's fortune. I think she's better than that.

The interest in Pippa is not about to die down folks. The wedding interests will grow and once those babies come along, the media will focus on them too. This is the family of the future Queen Consort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom