Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, I don't see either Clarence House or BP or even any of the British Royal Family that would actually have anything to say on the matter of Pippa's engagement. She just happens to be the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge and is a private citizen just as Camilla's children and grandchildren are private citizens. Nothing is ever announced anywhere on them through official sources.

I'm not talking about them announcing things. I'm asking how they find out - just like the rest of us?

I'm not talking about them announcing things. I'm asking how they find out - just like the rest of us?

I would imagine Kate would be one of the first to know and from her, the word would spread among the family. I don't imagine that Pippa herself would call anyone in the royal family unless she was close personal friends with some of them such as Beatrice or Eugenie or Harry.

TBH, I don't see either Clarence House or BP or even any of the British Royal Family that would actually have anything to say on the matter of Pippa's engagement. She just happens to be the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge and is a private citizen just as Camilla's children and grandchildren are private citizens. Nothing is ever announced anywhere on them through official sources.

Give the way Pippa is ambitious (eager for a title) I think you wouldn't know that Pippa is 'just the sister', what with the airs she gives herself.

Give the way Pippa is ambitious (eager for a title) I think you wouldn't know that Pippa is 'just the sister', what with the airs she gives herself.

If she were eager for a title wouldn't she be stalking lords and barons and viscounts and such?

And you know this how??? OR is it just YOUR opinion? OTOH, I would say that she goes about her business and the paps do the job of stalking her. :ermm:

If she were eager for a title wouldn't she be stalking lords and barons and viscounts and such?

I agree. I don't think Pippa has sought out attention for herself at all. If anything, she just goes about what she does and is very very good at what she does do. The media has to be quite annoying for her at times but she handles it all with style and grace.

I agree. I don't think Pippa has sought out attention for herself at all. If anything, she just goes about what she does and is very very good at what she does do. The media has to be quite annoying for her at times but she handles it all with style and grace.

Well she has definitely sought the limelight (and has profited nicely from it)..becoming an author (you do have to promote your brand in order to sell the book), writing for Waitrose, now writing for, what is it, the Telegraph? She's done a charitable gig, opening up a school. She does seek attention (nothing wrong with that). It's her brother and arguably her parents who try to keep it more low key. And the annoyance from the paps does come with it - the price to fame. But she does handle it with dignity.

What I don't think is fair is the idea that she wants to "bag" a title because her sister has, or that this is all part of some sort of master plan by their mother, a modern day Mrs. Bennett ("two daughters married, Mr. Bennett.. and to dukes!").

I think Pippa tries to handle her life in the spotlight with dignity and grace but there are people who are waiting for the slightest slip up.

The whole "bagging" a title stuff and Carole Middleton plots are all made up by the media and silly journalist egging the false stories on.

I’m no beginner when it comes to biking. I learnt to ride in the countryside around my parents’ house in Bucklebury, on a solid mountain bike with thick tyres designed to blast through mud and puddles. When, a couple of years ago, I completed the Highland Cross, a gruelling 20-mile fell run and 30-mile cycle race across Scotland, the hours I’d spent in the saddle in Berkshire’s rutted country lanes stood me in good stead.
However, cycling in the city is a different matter – and not just because of the traffic. Urban cyclists intimidate me. I may mock them as geeks in their “bib tights” (essentially Lycra dungarees), streamlined helmets and triple lens, wraparound sunglasses but, in truth, their hard-nosed attitude – some can be incredibly rude – and self-belief that they are the rightful rulers of the road makes me nervous.

Pippa Middleton: how I finally joined the cycling brigade - Telegraph

I give her credit for the effort (obsessive immersion?) she puts into these articles. She reminds me of the young Martha Stewart who simgleminded-ly chased the best way to do everything in the home and garden.
She's also well aware that her readers are mostly not in her economic class and she handles that, I think, deftly. She shares the rough bits while letting you know she toughed them out. Not a bad message at all.

Pippa seems like a person it would be fun to know.

Romantically linked to Diana, Princess of Wales, Will Carling was also the subject of Pippa Middleton’s adolescent affections.
The Duchess of Cambridge’s 30-year-old sister tells Vanity Fair that she used to “pine” after Carling, 48, when he was the captain of the England rugby team.
“We’d plan our weekends around the big matches,” she says of her family’s enthusiasm for the game.

Pippa Middleton: My crush on rugby star Will Carling - Telegraph

Arif Durrani ‏@DurraniMix 4h
Pippa Middleton speaking openly and humouressly at Wacl tonight - Chatham House, but able to laugh about that dress pic.twitter.com/Con5R6Jupk

JB ‏@Royal_beans 3h
Speaker Pippa Middleton
http://www.wacl.info/events/speaker-dinner-pippa-middleton-24-february-2014 …#middleton

Suki Thompson ‏@Sukithompson 4h
@wacl with Pippa Middleton ... Sell out evening pic.twitter.com/jpyQpu4zAs

darcyday ‏@darcyday 4h Great night with @HughesFT at the WACL dinner, where Pippa Middleton gave her first public speech (ever). She nailed it.

Or, she's trying to build a career for herself... Why think negatively of her if she hasn't earned a reputation for being bratty?

Or, she's trying to build a career for herself... Why think negatively of her if she hasn't earned a reputation for being bratty?

Agreed totally. Nothing she's done has struck me as inappropriate or negative.

I thought it was a lovely, realistic, self-effacing speech. Just me though. It actually made me think I'd like to run into her at a pub some day. We share the same humor.

Although I would like to see a video of her speech, I like that she was honest. It can't be easy to be in her position, even for the rest of her family. Despite everything, she must go on living her life, while walking around eggshells.

Pippa Middleton and Nico Jackson: More love than ever, ski holidays

Pippa Middleton et Nico Jackson : Plus amoureux que jamais, en vacances au ski

https://translate.google.com.tr/tra...e-jamais-en-vacances-au-ski_a137596/1&act=url

Love is in the air! Snow bunny Pippa Middleton hits the slopes with boyfriend Nico Jackson as the two enjoy a romantic skiing holiday in the Alps

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-bottom-couple-enjoy-skiing-holiday-Alps.html

Last edited:
It was a Middleton family outing as Pippa and her parents attended a high society wedding in rural Scotland - and there was even room for boyfriend Nico.
Two of Pippa's oldest friends, Rowena Macrae and Julian Osborne, were tying the knot at the lavish ceremony in Perthshire, Scotland.
The Duchess of Cambridge's 30-year-old sister was accompanied by her investment banker boyfriend Nico Jackson, as rumours of their own engagement remain rife.

More than just a Highland fling: Pippa Middleton takes boyfriend Nico Jackson to Scottish country wedding of one of her oldest friends along with her mother and father | Mail Online

Ms. Middleton's dress is ugly. The colour is dirty drab. The total ugliness of the ensemble is further aggravated by plebeian tan. Mrs. Middleton, on the other hand, looked nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom