Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed- I think the press follow Pippa because Catherine isn't as 'availible' being in Wales and all but as we see more Catherine I believe media insert in Pippa will fade....

I think the press will follow both girls! Until at least Pippa marries, and then she will more or less fade into obscurity. But until that time, she'll be a fixture in the press!

Well,only Pippa and her family and friends know for sure what has really happenned,the media could bring false many facts.But anyway,it's not a good sign if she ended her realationship with Alex after the wedding of her sister and that Duke seems to be near Pippa after she is considered to be "the sister of Future Queen".It shows social climbing reasons from both sides,but if it's reciprocal friendly agreement between both it could take a good route.
Lenora I agree with you it does show social climbing on both sides.
The DON and family are very very rich indeed, but there is no greater catch in the world than the English Crown. Period.
For Pippa and George P to be together and....is very convenient for them both.
I'm a fan of Pippa, and I wish her the best. BUT!!!!
To kick your Boyfriend to the curb, who by all accounts your about to be engaged to, and you invited to the Royal Wedding,
then after all the press attention went all over Europe, with your own little posse, and now have "friends" disclose you have split with him is.....
SLIGHTLY vulgar common:ohmy:

I wonder why the Mail insists on calling His Lordship The Earl Percy simply Mr. Percy? Is that what he wants? Or is the mail afraid that people would think "Earl" was not his title but his christian name? But if he marries Pippa, she'll be Her Ladyship The Countess Percy and in the future Her Grace The Duchess of Northumberland - so why not mention that or at least call Earl Percy "Lord George" as the son of a duke?

I wonder why the Mail insists on calling His Lordship The Earl Percy simply Mr. Percy? Is that what he wants? Or is the mail afraid that people would think "Earl" was not his title but his christian name? But if he marries Pippa, she'll be Her Ladyship The Countess Percy and in the future Her Grace The Duchess of Northumberland - so why not mention that or at least call Earl Percy "Lord George" as the son of a duke?

Titles aren't the DMs strong point.

Video: Kate & Pippa at Sam Waley-Cohen's wedding.

YouTube - ‪pippa and kate‬‏

Notice how hard Kate was trying NOT to get noticed?

I noticed how bad Pippa's hair looked, and thought how rude for somebody to video the Duchess at another woman's wedding. They're supposed to be there for the bride & groom!

But back to the reason I'm here. Since there does not appear to be a jewelry thread for the Middleton women, I'll post my question here. In the #1178 issue of Hello Magazine, both Carole and Pippa are seen wearing a gold signet ring with what appears to be the horsehead chess piece (Knight?) on it. Carole is wearing hers at the Epsom Derby, and Pippa is wearing hers at the French Open.
  1. Is there a special significance to the chess piece?
  2. Have we ever seen Catherine wearing a ring like this?
I also noticed Pippa wearing gold hoop earrings with a stone drop similar to her sister's citrine earrings that she wears frequently.

Since there does not appear to be a jewelry thread for the Middleton women, I'll post my question here. In the #1178 issue of Hello Magazine, both Carole and Pippa are seen wearing a gold signet ring with what appears to be the horsehead chess piece (Knight?) on it. Carole is wearing hers at the Epsom Derby, and Pippa is wearing hers at the French Open.
  1. Is there a special significance to the chess piece?
  2. Have we ever seen Catherine wearing a ring like this?
I also noticed Pippa wearing gold hoop earrings with a stone drop similar to her sister's citrine earrings that she wears frequently.

How fascinating. I do hope someone knows about these horse head signet rings. The Middleton's have part ownership of a horse, perhaps the ring has a connection with the stable?

Lenora I agree with you it does show social climbing on both sides.
I'm a fan of Pippa, and I wish her the best. BUT!!!!
To kick your Boyfriend to the curb, who by all accounts your about to be engaged to, and you invited to the Royal Wedding,
then after all the press attention went all over Europe, with your own little posse, and now have "friends" disclose you have split with him is.....
SLIGHTLY vulgar common:ohmy:

Unlike you, I am not a fan of Pippa's, but...
I have read nothing regarding who decided to end the dating relationship, so I'm curious as to your source regarding Pippa 'kicking him to the curb.'
I have read that they dated about 6 months - so, I doubt marriage was imminent, except in the tabloids. I wouldn't be surprised if he decided he wanted no part of the media frenzy following Pippa. I've had to work in an area where the press clustered - they are like a pack of hyenas. Perhaps he didn't want the press hounding him, digging for dirt and making up dirt when they can't find any.
To go away with friends after the fuss of the wedding and the ending of a relationship strikes me as what most people do, friends try to get you out and about to take your mind off the breakup. For someone living in Britain, hopping over to the continent isn't that big a deal (it's a little over an hour to fly from London to Paris) it's like someone living in San Francisco flying down to LA. Unlike desperate hollywood has beens, I doubt Pippa rings the press and tells them she'll be at a particular place at a certain time to get her image into the tabloids.
I doubt that Pippa's true friends have disclosed anything, and she has absolutely no control over what others choose to disclose to the tabloids, what 'reporters' learn from illegal phone tapping, or what the press makes up citing 'anonymous friends.'

sndral said:
I have read that they dated about 6 months - so, I doubt marriage was imminent, except in the tabloids.

I thought they'd been together for years? I swear I've read that multiple placed :( hmmm, maybe my memory is going down hill.....

According to what I have read, they have dated six months to a year. I would have assumed that it was serious, I dont think (or at least I wouldn't have) invited someone non serious to be my date at a wedding (much less a royal wedding).

Zonk said:
According to what I have read, they have dated six months to a year. I would have assumed that it was serious, I dont think (or at least I wouldn't have) invited someone non serious to be my date at a wedding (much less a royal wedding).

Ok - I agree I only brought my husband to a wedding as my date once we were serious (he wasn't my husband when I brought him to the wedding :) )

When one of my girlfriends married, she had a strict rule that you had to be dating your boyfriend for a least a year before he got to be your plus one. It sounded kind of mean at the time (she was also the first true friend that married that I was privy to the wedding specifics) but feeding people at a wedding is not cheap, and her mother was pressuring her to invite more second/third cousins who she DID NOT know (she ordered meals for them and some of them still didn't show).

Either way, the BRF can afford it but still I am thinking it had to be serious to get an invite.

And I agree with Vanya, there are SO MANY stories about Pippa that are coming out now, who knows what is the truth or not. Again, I reference the fact that Carole Middleton was supposed to have met and offended the Queen years ago, and they didn't meet until a week before the wedding.

Isn't it possible that Pippa invited Alex because if she hadn't, the press would have splashed the break-up all over the front pages, and she didn't wish to do anything to detract from her sister's special day?

I suspect her relationship with Alex actually ended well before the wedding (there was quite a bit of press coverage for Pippa, and not once was she photographed with Alex. They didn't even attend Katie Percy's wedding together). It just didn't seem very serious to me.

Why would you invite your non serious boyfriend to your sisters royal wedding? It makes no sense IMO. Especially if space is tight in regards to the number of invites.

And there was some press that suggested that Pippa would be engaged within the year.

Why would you invite your non serious boyfriend to your sisters royal wedding? It makes no sense IMO. Especially if space is tight in regards to the number of invites.

And there was some press that suggested that Pippa would be engaged within the year.

Isn't Alex also a friend of William's?
And I have read that it's an amicable split, with the couple planning to remain friends. (Maybe the invitation to her sister's wedding helped out with the staying friends agenda).

But I don't think it's true that only serious S.O.s are invited to weddings; most of the ones I've been to allow all the single guests to bring along a date.

Mirabel said:
Isn't it possible that Pippa invited Alex because if she hadn't, the press would have splashed the break-up all over the front pages, and she didn't wish to do anything to detract from her sister's special day?

Truthfully I'm not sure the press even noticed he was there- everything I read didn't mention him until the day AFTER the wedding..... ie oh yeah I guess Pippa's bf Alex was there too .....Press was to busy commenting on Kate, Will, Harry and Pippa's butt to notice Alex or not.....

In fact now that I think of it were there even any pics he was there or did the press just say he was? Maybe he never really was there.....

Zonk said:

Sometimes you get invested in your personal status quo. I had my old boyfriend at several family events, even after things were rocky. I just hadn't admitted to myself yet that it was probably time to move on. Hindsight is easy, but most people have been in relationships at some point that ended, and even when it's close to ending, it's hard to admit, and there were family members of mine who were baffled when things ended- they all thought we'd be engaged soon.

Personal relationships are always complicated, being under a press microscope would definitely be an added pressure. I hope Pippa ends up happy and soon- I rather like her. If it turns out she and Lord Percy are a romantic couple, I think it's less about social climbing and more about being able to relate to being under certain pressures and expectations.

I hope Pippa ends up happy and soon- I rather like her. If it turns out she and Lord Percy are a romantic couple, I think it's less about social climbing and more about being able to relate to being under certain pressures and expectations.

I agree with you Hermoine, it occurs to me that "possibly" Lord Percy might be a comfortable friend to help her make that transition in being single again.. He's fun to be around and he doesn't have any misconceptions about the level of their relationship.. I have friends like that.. just really good friends.

I agree with you Hermoine, it occurs to me that "possibly" Lord Percy might be a comfortable friend to help her make that transition in being single again.. He's fun to be around and he doesn't have any misconceptions about the level of their relationship.. I have friends like that.. just really good friends.
I don't agree at all,there is no romanticism between the two,Lord Percy is still very boyish ,Pippa looks maturer and more intelligent,I hope she finds someone more adult and equal to her intellectual level

Truthfully I'm not sure the press even noticed he was there- everything I read didn't mention him until the day AFTER the wedding..... ie oh yeah I guess Pippa's bf Alex was there too .....Press was to busy commenting on Kate, Will, Harry and Pippa's butt to notice Alex or not.....

In fact now that I think of it were there even any pics he was there or did the press just say he was? Maybe he never really was there.....

He was there. I believe he sat 3 rows behind the Middleton family.

Alex Loudon - Isopix

Harry and Pippa are on the cover of the current US weekly. They need to just give it up, Pippa and Harry are not gonna happen.

Us Weekly Magazine| Zinio

I don't agree at all,there is no romanticism between the two,Lord Percy is still very boyish ,Pippa looks maturer and more intelligent,I hope she finds someone more adult and equal to her intellectual level

Anyone know what Pippa's intellectual level is? Brain surgery, technical writing, non-Euclidean geometry????

Didn't Pippa and George attend the U of Edinburgh together?
Sounds fairly equal to me!

They may just be good friends, or it may be something more, time will tell.
But I wouldn't be surprised if they begin spending more and more time together. ;)

I suppose that Earl of Percy could be happy to settle down with Pippa and marry her,so it's only Pippa's decision and only time will tell if this is something more than friendship
Will Percy make Pippa a Duchess? Worth £300m with a castle to rival Windsor this Earl has been at Pippa Middleton's side since she split from her boyfriend | Mail Online

I would really like to see how this plays out. I'm pulling for a match up, if only because it will stir up all those snobby, aristocratic circles. For them, it's the ultimate social climbing scandal. To me, it paints the Middleton parents in the most attractive light possible. These two women seem to be down to earth, fun, charming women who are lady like and clearly understand what it means to be discreet and loyal. Their parents have done very well, and if all they have to worry about are some questionable photographs (which, lets face it, most teens and 20somethings have-and are much worse), then good for them!

I would really like to see how this plays out. I'm pulling for a match up, if only because it will stir up all those snobby, aristocratic circles.

Yes! I would love to see all of the reactions this could get.

But we don't have to go far. I'm sure here there will be plenty willing to talk through the current scenario.

Earl Percy has a kind face, a nice smile and laughing eyes, even if he appears to be a bit shy. As Pippa herself is said to be a kind woman with a hearty humour, there could be growing more than just friendship. Which would be a good thing in many aspects.

But maybe he is just a friend and helps her to deflect the media after the astonishing interest she created on appearing at her sister's wedding in that stunning dress. As Earl Percy is such a good catch, his "relationship" with Pippa could help him as well as her in getting rid of the ladies and gentlemen who are trying to catch their interest.

The article says that the Queen and Prince Phillip will be visiting Alnwick Castle next week.
So I wonder if that means William and Kate will be there as well? Or Pippa?

(If Pippa is there, it will add fuel to those "Double Duchess" rumors!

Last edited:
They're attending to open a youth hostel and to attend a garden reception hosted by the Lord-Lieutenant of Northumberland.

They're attending to open a youth hostel and to attend a garden reception hosted by the Lord-Lieutenant of Northumberland.

The Lord-Lieutenant is the Duchess of Northumberland, isn't she?

Indeed she is Jane Percy, Duchess of Northumberland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom