Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have both received an invitation (separately I should think) to attend the wedding of a friend from university. Her boyfriend (name escapes me) would not have received an invite because the hosts wouldn't have known about him when the invites went out. And anyway they cant invite everyones non permanent boyfriend.

Just friends in my opinion. The test will be who is invited to his sister's wedding on 22 June.

I think you're probably right, but she always looks happier and more comfortable in his company than she ever does with boyfriends. Maybe something will come of it eventually.

And I'm glad her ski diary was well-received. It was funny and fun to read and I actually think she really could make a career for herself out of writing if she focuses more on travelogue type pieces like that one.

Well, I must be the only one but I like what she's wearing. The Beulah dress is nice (one of my favourites from Beulah) and it fits her body very well. The choice of bag and shoes is also nice and I think the fur was a nice touch. The fascinator was also a good choice. She looks sexy but without being too much, IMO. Does she look older than she is? Yes, she does. But to me, she always does so there is no surprise there. In overall, this is a YES look for me.

About Pippa and George: As cepe explained, his presence is totally normal but now that you raised the issue, I must say I agree, HRHHermione, she does look more confortable around him than any of her boyfriends. But to me, there is absolutely no chemistry between these two...

You are right. Ms Middleton looked rough and unkempt.

How so? Her hair was shiny and well-styled, although it was wind-blown at one time. The dress was well-fitted and suitable for the occasion. The fur, while not to everyone's taste, complemented the 30's style of the dress. Her makeup was well-applied and tasteful, and her skin was suitably glowing. She certainly didn't look rough and unkempt.

And for those who remark that she looks older than she is: I am reminded of Diane Von Furstenberg. When she was 30, everyone doubted it. Now that she's nearly 70, she still looks very much the same. At any rate, I imagine that Miss Middleton looks much better in person that in her photos.

:previous:
I am not fan of Diana von Furstenberg and garish materials her brand uses. Her wrap dress is a nice invention though.
As for Ms. Middleton, she always looks rough and unkempt to me. Her ensembles lack refined fluidity and simplicity, which are very difficult to achieve. Ugly tan further aggravates her appearances.

Last edited:
I think Pippa looks amazing this time. She rocks jeans much better than any dress

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 4m
Meanwhile Pippa Middleton has been posing next to pictures of a giant hare today opening a new boarding house for the Mary Hare School

Sorry, Pippa opens a new boarding house? Is she cutting ribbons now too?

Sorry, Pippa opens a new boarding house? Is she cutting ribbons now too?

Why not? One doesn't have to be royal to cut a ribbon or be patron of an organization one merely has to be asked by the organization to take on the role. Its their choice.

Dress is okay but the fascinator and necklace are awful!

I agree Lumutqueen. That necklace in particular is so ugly I almost covered my eyes. Whoever sold that thing to Pippa is not a friend, imo.

I agree either. That necklace is such awfull! I quite like that fascinator and dress is nice

The dress is beautiful and while the shoes and clutch are nice, suede acessories are way too casual for a wedding IMO. I've nothing against the fascinator. The necklace is not beautiful but the main problem is that it's way too big for her petite body, it's looks like something that is weighting a lot on her neck. Looks weird

Beautiful color and style dress on her; I really like the flare of the skirt at the bottom. But her hair looks unkempt and I dislike the necklace on her. It doesn't suit the formal style of her look and it does look too bulky for her frame. The suede accessories definitely don't suit formal wear, and I don't like the fascinator.

I liked everything about her look today, especially the cut/style of the dress which fit her beautifully. I also appreciate that she smiled at the cameras and seemed comfortable with their presence.

The necklace is one of those things one finds in a museum gift shop and on a whim purchases it for an extraordinary sum of money. However, most of us never wear the purchase and it sits in our jewelry box, gathering dust, because we can't just toss is after paying such an extraordinary sum.

The dress was lovely, however.

The necklace is one of those things one finds in a museum gift shop and on a whim purchases it for an extraordinary sum of money. However, most of us never wear the purchase and it sits in our jewelry box, gathering dust, because we can't just toss is after paying such an extraordinary sum.

The dress was lovely, however.

That is... actually a perfect description of that necklace.

Why is it always a good idea at the time to buy stuff at museum stores that you would never think of ordinarily buying elsewhere? Because it may look like something that graced the neck of Queen Nefertiti? Maybe these things should just stay at the museum.....

Not saying that Pippa did buy this at a museum shop, but this is where my mind is wandering this time of night.

Why is it always a good idea at the time to buy stuff at museum stores that you would never think of ordinarily buying elsewhere? Because it may look like something that graced the neck of Queen Nefertiti? Maybe these things should just stay at the museum.....

Not saying that Pippa did buy this at a museum shop, but this is where my mind is wandering this time of night.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pippa Tip: What happened in 2500 B.C. stays in 2500 B.C.

What a wonderful Four Weddings and A Funeral segment this would have been.

I wonder why the son of Earl of Romney and the daughter of Viscount of Allendale are referred to as Honourable. They should be called Lord and Lady..? or I am missing something.

As for Ms. Middleton, her ensemble usual fussy. The photos of arms are not flattering. The statement necklace looks plastic cheap. I could never understand women buying bijouterie. No matter how well it is made or what fashion house makes it (e.g., Chanel), it is still a waste of money. The colour and cut of the dress are all right.

Last edited:
I wonder why the son of Earl of Romney and the daughter of Viscount of Allendale are referred to as Honourable. They should be called Lord and Lady..? or I am missing something.

They are just "Honorables" - Younger sons of earls and children of viscounts always are, they don't have the courtesy titles of Lord or Lady. When Diana Spencer was born, her father was just the heir to the then Earl Spencer and called Viscount Althorp. Thus she was "just" The Honorable Miss Diana Spencer till her father succeeded to the title of earl. A second brother of her would have always been The Honorable Mr. Spencer as a younger son of an earl while all daughters of earls are "Lady".

This kind of necklaces are, in fact, very en vogue right now. Many fashionistas wear them and there are many dresses that appear in shops with the corresponding necklace. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, Pippa saw the dress, liked it, the necklace was just along the dress at the shop and she bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom