Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zonk has a good point. The information that we have about Pippa, I could easily get about my brand new next-door neighbor, since I know where he works. Almost everything we want to know about anyone is available on the Internet now. Getting back to the point ... we can't really make any judgments about Pippa, because though we know basic facts about her, we don't know her.

For the record, I don't know any of these answer nor to I care to. My point is that we have an idea of who Pippa is but unless you have carried on a coversation with her, or know someone who knows her (who isn't biased) none of us really know her. We know a public figure.

Well, we know a little bit of her. She attended Marlborough not because her parents payed for her but because she was good enough in both school and sports to be offered a scholarship there. Marlborough is a well-known institution and surely they have more than enough applicants for such a scholarship, so to get one is no mean feat.

Then she went on to Edinburgh to study literature and did not go to London to study something more glamourous. I have no idea how it is in Britain but in Germany if you study literature science you are either a very bookish person or want to become a teacher or author/publisher/editor. Normally children of culturally interested parents chose a topic like that.

So she seems to be an intelligent, well-mannered and culturally interested young lady. For me that's enough to know about her. Ah, and her sister seems to really like her - otherwise she would never have allowed her this pride of place on her wedding.

The fact that we don't know so many things about her is another good sign: she surely knows how to choose loyal friends.

So that's quite some points that would make her a good wife for anybody. IMHO, of course.

Now why would the Daily Mail say there are "royal sources" making statements on Pippa in that article when Pippa isn't royal? You have to consider the source itself.;)

"royal sources" could stretch from royal biographers, news correspondents, a cleaning lady at BP wanting to boost her salary. The DM can twist words quite easily.

Indeed, which is why again these stories have to be taken with a grain of salt - considering the source.

Choose which paper to believe. Who would have talked to The Daily Mail? Who would have talked to The Sun?

It doesn't say "a Royal" (though, don't forget, her sister is a Royal now) ... a royal souce could be anyone, and Pippa has been known to seek the advice of staff at Clarence House.

I'm not saying the rumor isn't true. It could well be so. I think I'm going to wait to see what develops, though. Neither The Daily Mail nor The Sun have stellar reputations for accuracy.

If Pippa is indeed dating George Percy, we'll eventually know the truth.

There's no real privacy in the days of the internet; someone will take a picture someplace and then the cat will be out of the bag.

(That is something that makes me doubt the story; if Pippa and George have been officially a couple since New Year's, how have they managed to keep it quiet until now?)

This is why I can't believe anything I'm reading lately; rumors and innuendos are constantly flying about and then they emanate from "sources." Again, I take these with as much a grain of salt as what comes out my salt shaker!

Last edited:
I find the reports in the US of Pippa dating Earl Percy really funny because they keep mixing things up and saying that Carole will have two "princesses" in the family or two daughters marrying into "the aristocracy." Yes, I can see that the average non-royal watcher will think, "oh, they'll both be duchesses" and automatically think it's the must be same thing. Unfortunately, no one takes the 5 seconds to explain the difference between a royal, HRH duchess and a "regular," Her Grace, peeress. But none of the reports have failed to report that Pippa is dating "the heir to the Harry Potter castle"!

Yes, I can see that the average non-royal watcher will think, "oh, they'll both be duchesses" and automatically think it's the must be same thing. Unfortunately, no one takes the 5 seconds to explain the difference between a royal, HRH duchess and a "regular," Her Grace, peeress.

Especially as The Prince of Wales is older than the current Duke of Northumberland, the probability is there that Catherine would be queen before her sister, the potential Countess Percy would become a duchess.

I find the reports in the US of Pippa dating Earl Percy really funny because they keep mixing things up and saying that Carole will have two "princesses" in the family or two daughters marrying into "the aristocracy." Yes, I can see that the average non-royal watcher will think, "oh, they'll both be duchesses" and automatically think it's the must be same thing. Unfortunately, no one takes the 5 seconds to explain the difference between a royal, HRH duchess and a "regular," Her Grace, peeress. But none of the reports have failed to report that Pippa is dating "the heir to the Harry Potter castle"!

I know; many people don't seem able to grasp titles at all!! No matter how carefully it's explained.

One of my pet peeves in reading fiction is the way the authors get the titles wrong; really, if you're going to use titles in the first place, take a few minutes to do the proper research!

(I just finished a book in which the heroine was continually called "Lady" Antonia- after the author had mentioned several times that she was the daughter of a baron! It was jarring every time!) :bang:

The funny thing is that they have been seen together since New Year's Day. She was up in Alnwick at the Alnwick Hunt the very next day, Jan. 2:

Punter bets on Earl Percy marrying Pippa Middleton - Sunday Sun

Also there are rumors that she went as his guest to Carlton Towers for a shooting party with friends in mid-January. Then the two of them went to LeCercle in London for a dinner just before she left for Mustique -- it was tweeted by someone in the restaurant, saying they were "returning" for dinner. The tweet was taken down rather quickly. It may have been an internal message which got made public by accident.

The guy who wrote the Sun article has a pretty good track record where Pippa is concerned. He may have an "in" amongst her acquaintances.

Also there are rumors that she went as his guest to Carlton Towers for a shooting party with friends in mid-January.

Not a rumour, i've seen pictures. But Pippa was a guest of The Duke of Norfolk, not of Earl Percy. :)

Not a rumour, i've seen pictures. But Pippa was a guest of The Duke of Norfolk, not of Earl Percy. :)

Question is: was she there as Earl Percy's guest (date)? I know that William and Catrherine often attended house parties at someone's estate prior to their engagement and Catherine all the time went as William's date/guest. But then Pippa might have a personal friendship with the duke, the duchess or the duke's heir Earl of Arundel.

Question is: was she there as Earl Percy's guest (date)? I know that William and Catrherine often attended house parties at someone's estate prior to their engagement and Catherine all the time went as William's date/guest. But then Pippa might have a personal friendship with the duke, the duchess or the duke's heir Earl of Arundel.

I haven't heard, nor seen any pictures that Earl Percy even attended the event. Pippa attended as a guest of The Duke of Norfolk, she was invited of her own accord and brought I believe 2 friends with her. If she was Earl Percy's plus one, surely she would have arrived and left with him, not arrived on her own and left via a train.

If you read the article you can see that she was a friend of one of the members of a party of 24 who had come to Carlton Towers from London. It was hosted by Lord and Lady Gerald Fitzalan Howard, (the Duke's younger brother, not the Duke himself) who host paid shooting parties as part of the running of the estate

Game Shooting Venue, Yorkshire | Pheasant | English Partridge | French Partridge | Carlton Towers, Selby Yorkshire

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/selby_tadcaster/9480933.Pippa_Middleton_joins_shooting_party/

The rumor is that she was the friend of Earl Percy who was there celebrating another friend's birthday. Whether that is true or not, I have no idea. However she was at Alnwick for the hunt on Jan. 2 and she does seem to have had dinner with him before her vacation.

So they have been seeing each other.

Last edited:
If you read the article you can see that she was a friend of one of the members of a party of 24 who had come to Carlton Towers from London. It was hosted by Lord and Lady Gerald Fitzalan Howard, (the Duke's younger brother, not the Duke himself) who host paid shooting parties as part of the running of the estate

The rumor is that she was the friend of Earl Percy who was there celebrating another friend's birthday. Whether that is true or not, I have no idea. However she was at Alnwick for the hunt on Jan. 2 and she does seem to have had dinner with him before her vacation.

So they have been seeing each other.

Well the article has got one thing wrong, Carlton Towers is owned by The Duke of Norfolk not his younger brother. So I'd be surprised to see if they got any other information correct. I think i'll stick with what I see and hear on my own doorstep, seeing as Carlton Towers is right on it. :flowers:

Also, I don't dispute that she was at Alnwick nor that they have seen each other, as we ourselves have seen pictures of them hanging out since the wedding. Several articles appeared late last year that Pippa has split from her now ex, and was dating Earl Percy, which was then proven wrong.

Indeed who knows! As you say you live in Yorkshire!:flowers:

But it does seem as though Lord and Lady Gerald are the ones who run Carlton Towers, at least according to the Towers own website.

Licensed Wedding Venue, Corporate Hospitality and Conference Facilities, Carlton Towers, Selby, Yorkshire

But the Duke would own it. These families don't break up their estates. That's why they are still around after all these years:lol:

Anyway my post was actually in answer to an earlier comment that they hadn't been seen together since New Years. They have, but have tried to stay under the press 's radar.

Last edited:
Now US magazine is backtracking - sounds like all parties concerned were caught off-guard by the newest rumor

Pippa Middleton, George Percy Aren't Dating - UsMagazine.com

Oh dear - does this mean The Sun is not a reliable source!!?? What a shocker! :p Was someone pulling the reporter Duncan Larcombe's leg? Boy if you can't believe the tabloid press, who can you believe?:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Kataryn said:
Well, we know a little bit of her. She attended Marlborough not because her parents payed for her but because she was good enough in both school and sports to be offered a scholarship there. Marlborough is a well-known institution and surely they have more than enough applicants for such a scholarship, so to get one is no mean feat.

Then she went on to Edinburgh to study literature and did not go to London to study something more glamourous. I have no idea how it is in Britain but in Germany if you study literature science you are either a very bookish person or want to become a teacher or author/publisher/editor. Normally children of culturally interested parents chose a topic like that.

So she seems to be an intelligent, well-mannered and culturally interested young lady. For me that's enough to know about her. Ah, and her sister seems to really like her - otherwise she would never have allowed her this pride of place on her wedding.

The fact that we don't know so many things about her is another good sign: she surely knows how to choose loyal friends.

So that's quite some points that would make her a good wife for anybody. IMHO, of course.

Well said!

In these photos Pippa looks like she is very upset and in a bad mood,maybe she is just fed up with all the photographers around her.

Last edited:
I wonder if she will go through with the legal threats against the photographers? I would not blame her one bit if she does. It probably seemed a bit funny and ego-boosting for a few weeks in May, but it has made her life very difficult since then.

It would get extremely tiring very quickly for me!

I wonder if she will go through with the legal threats against the photographers? I would not blame her one bit if she does. It probably seemed a bit funny and ego-boosting for a few weeks in May, but it has made her life very difficult since then.

They (the photographers) don't seem to know where to draw the line, or even that there is a line!

It's fine to take her picture at a public event, or even out at a party.
But if she's just buying coffee or groceries or walking to work, they should not bother her.

I thought that paparazzi stopped followed her? Can we live without Pippa's photos around the net everyday? There is nothing interesting in this girl, except her royal connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom