The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 09:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Of course she can have what she wants but I can also have an opinion.
The weddings that Harry and Will have been to haven't had glass castle etc. I was hoping she would do it classy so I'm disappointed. But I'm getting tired of not being able to have an opinion. I think a lot of people forget she isn't a member of the RF so I do wonder why there is a thread about her wedding on a royal forum
The reception will be at the Middleton's house. They can't hold a very large reception inside the house because it's not big enough. People would be in the mingling in the bathroom. It's very reasonable to hold the party in an outside space.

We all have opinions, but we have to understand the situation first. A great deal of people have their wedding receptions and other parties in very large tents. It all depends on how many people are invited as well.

Pippa isn't acting royal the royals have the advantage of having very large palaces and castles to hold their parties. The Middleton's have to build a temporary structure to hold a large gathering of this size. They have the money, so they can do what they want.

This is the brides day and brides usually get what they want on their special day. Us grooms just show up and eat cake. At the end of the day that's what's it's all about, eating cake!

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-16-2017, 10:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
What type of wedding are you alluding to? Many English brides wear tiaras, and not just those belonging to the aristocracy.
That I did not realize. But I don't believe an outdoor affair suits a tiara. J MO. I also like the glass enclosure instead of tent. Saw one and they had lovely drapes on ceilings to off set glaring sun and heat, with them cascading down wall to make a lovely setting. Wood flooring made a really nice area. Perfect for a bit of privacy when a home will not accommodate all those people and still want it as private as possible and convenient for those attending. I know weddings now are many times affairs in other countries or on islands in the Caribbean which requires additional costs and not always convenient to others.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
the tiara question is an interesting one. Personally I don't see her wearing a tiara to avoid comparisons to Kate. If there were a family tiara from James side or some other appropriate connection then maybe. The brides of aristocracy generally have a real family heirloom to borrow - I just don't see Pippa wearing a 'crystal' tiara.

It would not surprise me if she were to wear a diamond brooch or jeweled hair pins in her hair - some kind of real bling. Also I expect her to 'borrow' Kate's wedding earrings since they are the acorns of the Middleton family crest.
Interesting. Pippa had her own diamond acorn leaf earrings at the royal wedding, do you think Catherine will borrow those and they'll just pull a switch?

http://www.richard-designs.com/asset...-jewellery.jpg
Old 05-16-2017, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
That I did not realize. But I don't believe an outdoor affair suits a tiara. J MO. I also like the glass enclosure instead of tent. Saw one and they had lovely drapes on ceilings to off set glaring sun and heat, with them cascading down wall to make a lovely setting. Wood flooring made a really nice area. Perfect for a bit of privacy when a home will not accommodate all those people and still want it as private as possible and convenient for those attending. I know weddings now are many times affairs in other countries or on islands in the Caribbean which requires additional costs and not always convenient to others.

The actual wedding is inside the church. Not outside. The marquee is for the reception.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Does anyone have her email? Because paratroopers in monkey suits sounds like an idea she should really know about. Osipi, I adore you.
A Planet of the Apes theme..love it!
Old 05-16-2017, 10:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The actual wedding is inside the church. Not outside. The marquee is for the reception.
It sounds like the reception might be inside too, at the Englefield House. The marquee might just be for the evening party.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I think a lot of people forget she isn't a member of the RF so I do wonder why there is a thread about her wedding on a royal forum

There are many threads about people who are in some way connected to royalty, even if they are not royal themselves.

People have an interest in Pippa, and in her wedding. That is evident by the number of posts about it.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
There are many threads about people who are in some way connected to royalty, even if they are not royal themselves.

People have an interest in Pippa, and in her wedding. That is evident by the number of posts about it.

True. Diana's siblings all have threads. Camilla's kids each have a thread. Actually, it's a little strange that James Middleton doesn't have his own thread, he's gotten the short straw in comparison.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well there is a 50% chance DM is right
Old 05-17-2017, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Now the DM says that Beatrice will probably be at Pippa's wedding also. I wonder if it's true, or if they are saying that just because she is back in London?

Princess Beatrice spotted at Chiltern Firehouse in London | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-17-2017, 07:05 AM
Majesty

Also a 50% chance of rain on Saturday. Although they say rain is a good omen for the couple.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Well of course. I didn't think I gave the impression that the service would be in backyard. The reception is outdoors and I do hope for a lovely sunny day as will be brilliant for photos.

I am getting a bit confused over traditions. Do you in England have two events after the actual wedding? Here after wedding service there is usually a reception line leaving the church wishing happiness to new couple. Everyone then leaves for the reception hotel except bridal party who have all types of photos taken. During this time the guests are having a cocktail hour [s] with drinks and large buffet. The bridal party will arrive later and guests will enter another room for reception. It is at that time the Bridal Party is introduced, meal served, cutting of cake, dancing for hours into the night. But from what I am reading, it seems like after an English wedding, you go from reception venue then to another place for an evening party, am I correct?
Old 05-17-2017, 12:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I am getting a bit confused over traditions. Do you in England have two events after the actual wedding? Here after wedding service there is usually a reception line leaving the church wishing happiness to new couple. Everyone then leaves for the reception hotel except bridal party who have all types of photos taken. During this time the guests are having a cocktail hour [s] with drinks and large buffet. The bridal party will arrive later and guests will enter another room for reception. It is at that time the Bridal Party is introduced, meal served, cutting of cake, dancing for hours into the night. But from what I am reading, it seems like after an English wedding, you go from reception venue then to another place for an evening party, am I correct?

Not in my line of tradition, we have a ceremony venue and then potentially a secondary venue for the reception afterwards. However these days is quite popular if you're not marrying in a church to have both ceremony and reception in the same place.

Photos are usually taken at the reception whilst as you says there's a cocktail hour of some sort.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

IIRC at Kate's wedding they had cocktails plus a luncheon and then later a dinner/party. It was an all day thing. However it was a royal wedding and I'm guessing most brides in the UK don't follow that format.

Here you see all types of formats for weddings.

LaRae
Old 05-17-2017, 01:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Yeah here in Northern Ireland this tends to be the way things have been done :
- church service
- wedding reception - meal in hotel for bridal party and guests from church service
- a 'wedding party' in the same hotel at night, for further friends and family who weren't invited to the earlier proceedings - more food and drinks!

However I guess anything goes, and now things even stretch into the next day
Old 05-17-2017, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you all for answering my question. I recently attended my first "country" wedding and I must admit I loved it. Lovely simple church service with bride in simple white dress and men in black slacks, white shirts with carnation, while attendants in gold cocktail length dresses. Immediately went to their uncle's farm where everyone that could play an instrument played music. I was told ahead that we wear nice casual clothes. All food was laid out on huge long tables loving made by family and friends. I will admit those women can certainly cook! Dancing was a mixture of square or regular. I hear it went one until sun came back up. I left much earlier. I will fondly remember it as one of the sweetest weddings so filled with happiness and love. Nothing formal like I was taught in my day, just happy.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:11 PM
Majesty

Steven Glover gives his views on the 'lavish nature' of Pippa's wedding and whether it will do the younger royals 'harm' being associated with it.

STEPHEN GLOVER: On Pippa's oh-so lavish wedding | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Majesty

Well it's Stephen Glover's paper that gives Pippa's wedding 24/7 coverage.

And at the end of the day Pippa's family's money is their own. Free to spend it on whatever they like.

How is Pippa's wedding any different from Melissa Percy's? Both are private citizens. Both weddings have royals attending.

Remember Mike Tindall's words to The Telegraph "We don't care what the royals think"

One rule for Zara, another for Pippa.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Just reading the title of that link makes me cringe. It takes the cake (not the wedding cake by any means) to even fathom that a family wedding could have a detrimental impact on the "royal" children that are part of the family.

When it comes to Pippa and Jame's wedding, the people that are attending and even being in the bridal party are family and friends. Its an event where being royal takes a back seat to everything else.

Anyone that would believe this type of an article should really get in contact with me. I've a broken, old black and white TV (no remote available) I'd like to sell them for an exorbitant price with skyrocketing shipping and handling fees.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:45 PM
Courtier

Well, the only reasonable reaction to Glover's column is to take a shower afterwards to get the slime off.

Twisting himself into knots to make sure it's clear that they're not royal while holding them responsible for not behaving like royalty should.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton