The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2721  
Old 05-11-2017, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,373
I'm wondering if Pippa is now wishing she'd chosen a different church for the ceremony?
I think she expected the wedding to be rather low-key and now it's spiraling out of control , so much larger than they'd planned that they have to cram people into the vestry.

If she had it to do over, I believe she'd pick a larger church, even if it would not be as private.
__________________

  #2722  
Old 05-11-2017, 07:55 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
What a shame everyone should have the wedding they want. People are going a touch crazy in MO.
__________________

  #2723  
Old 05-11-2017, 08:38 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

If she had it to do over, I believe she'd pick a larger church, even if it would not be as private.
Heck, I bet if she had it to do over, it would have been only family and personal close friends on a private island after telling media the wedding would be in July!
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #2724  
Old 05-11-2017, 09:02 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,333
Whatever happens Pippa will get blamed for

1. Wrong dress
2. Wrong attendents
3. Poor media coverage
4 Appearance/no appearance of Merkle
5 Anything else including global warming and the run on the

Everything we have read has never been confirmed within the Middleton family. All that has happened is that the press have run roughshod over a private couples wedding plans and a bunch of overexcited H/M fans have done the same.

Bride and Groom are all that matters.

Enough - please.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #2725  
Old 05-11-2017, 10:59 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 313
I hope the bride and groom have a lovely wedding as it is their special day. However, it wasn't until the official statement from Kensington Palace about Pippa's wedding that stated William, Catherine, their children and Harry would be attending did it seem, IMO, to take a private celebration to something more public. Last year, I remember reading about the wedding of Alexandra Knatchbull where Prince Charles gave away the bride and the Queen and other members of the Royal Family attended, it seemed like a private wedding attended by senior members of BRF. I don't recall an official statement from BP or Clarence House in the manner of the KP release about Pippa's wedding.
  #2726  
Old 05-11-2017, 11:28 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,333


I didn't think the official response from KP mentioned Harry - I've checked and cant find it.

KP said that George and Charlotte were taking part as far as I can see.

And KP certainly haven't mentioned Meghan and the wedding. All speculation from the media
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #2727  
Old 05-12-2017, 12:09 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
KP misspells ‘Middleton’ in press release about Pippa’s wedding | Kate Middleton Review
  #2728  
Old 05-12-2017, 12:20 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
I hope the bride and groom have a lovely wedding as it is their special day. However, it wasn't until the official statement from Kensington Palace about Pippa's wedding that stated William, Catherine, their children and Harry would be attending did it seem, IMO, to take a private celebration to something more public. Last year, I remember reading about the wedding of Alexandra Knatchbull where Prince Charles gave away the bride and the Queen and other members of the Royal Family attended, it seemed like a private wedding attended by senior members of BRF. I don't recall an official statement from BP or Clarence House in the manner of the KP release about Pippa's wedding.


I agree that official statement should never happened. I hope she has a lovely wedding but for goodness sake she is not royal why KP are saying anything is strange to me.
  #2729  
Old 05-12-2017, 12:22 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
I agree. Royals attend weddings on a regular basis. There never seemed a need to announce before. And if anything it adds more crazy press, more talk about Meghan, and of course press wanting pics of the kids.
  #2730  
Old 05-12-2017, 12:27 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
The press release only happened because the Cambridge's, Prince Harry are attending and Prince George and Princess Charlotte are officially taking part in the wedding. Otherwise KP wouldn't said anything about it. I think people misunderstand stood the reasoning behind the short press briefing. It wasnt a major public statement. It was just to inform the press.

The press is briefed on senior royal attendance to weddings. It's the main reason why the media is able to write articles about upcoming society weddings. It's a major thing when the royals attend weddings. And the press is always present.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2731  
Old 05-12-2017, 12:32 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
But has others have said Harry goes to lots of weddings and we don't get press releases. George and Charlotte presumably go on outings but we don't get a press release
  #2732  
Old 05-12-2017, 12:40 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
But has others have said Harry goes to lots of weddings and we don't get press releases. George and Charlotte presumably go on outings but we don't get a press release
It's a different situation because the Cambridge kids are official in the wedding. If The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh will be going to a society wedding, the press will get a heads up on that. I'm sure the press was notified when the young Princes William and Harry was going to be in some weddings back in the day and with the Prince and Princess of Wales.

People just overreacted to the press briefing. If it was a major public statement, that would be odd. This is not the case.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2733  
Old 05-12-2017, 12:52 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,427
Why did Pippa hire a PR person in the run-up to her wedding if she didn't want anybody talking about her wedding? Harry was mentioned on that press release but I haven't noticed Harry fans salivating over whether Meghan would be there or not.

This wedding has always struck me as being more a media beat up than anything.

I don't believe huge members of the public (certainly not H and M fans) are calling up the DM and jamming up the airwaves wanting to to know every detail of the arrangements.
  #2734  
Old 05-12-2017, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
Your right strange to hire PR extra security I would understand. And to say George and Charlotte have an official role is wrong. They will walk down the aisle that is all nothing official about that. Cute yes official no they aren't signing anything at their age.
  #2735  
Old 05-12-2017, 01:11 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Your right strange to hire PR extra security I would understand. And to say George and Charlotte have an official role is wrong. They will walk down the aisle that is all nothing official about that. Cute yes official no they aren't signing anything at their age.
Not official with a capital 'O' but with a small 'o.' It's pretty big for them to be in the wedding though.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2736  
Old 05-12-2017, 01:37 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
I don't see it as that big. For Pippa they are simply her niece and nephew. Like Harry being page boy for his maternal uncles wedding, it happens. We see young royals on the continent often doing so.

Now if she had a royal she wasn't related to, like some reason Mia was asked to be with George, I would find that more newsworthy. Mia may be untitled but she is a queens grandchild and unrelated to Pippa.

Or if one of the kids was in the wedding of a friend like if Charlotte was flower girl if her godfather remarried. Because that isn't family, and not expected. Be almost as big for a couple, as it is to have had their kids in the royal wedding,

The most news worthy about the release was Harry attending, the Cambridges were a given.
  #2737  
Old 05-12-2017, 01:45 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't see it as that big. For Pippa they are simply her niece and nephew. Like Harry being page boy for his maternal uncles wedding, it happens. We see young royals on the continent often doing so.

Now if she had a royal she wasn't related to, like some reason Mia was asked to be with George, I would find that more newsworthy. Mia may be untitled but she is a queens grandchild and unrelated to Pippa.

Or if one of the kids was in the wedding of a friend like if Charlotte was flower girl if her godfather remarried. Because that isn't family, and not expected. Be almost as big for a couple, as it is to have had their kids in the royal wedding,

The most news worthy about the release was Harry attending, the Cambridges were a given.
I think it's pretty big that the kids are participating in the wedding. Also, everyone will be going nuts over the pictures. The grown ups attending was a given and normal, but the Cambridge kids is the icing on the stale wedding fruit cake.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2738  
Old 05-12-2017, 01:57 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
People would go crazy over a picture of them any time. By hiding the kids to such extreme extent, they drive up demand for photos. It has nothing to do with it being a big deal they are in a wedding, and everything to do with photos. Other than one photo for her birthday, last time we saw them was Christmas. Honestly if they want more privacy for their kids, releasing the rare photo taken by mom so no intrusion, would help.
  #2739  
Old 05-12-2017, 06:48 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
I don't think William is ever going to buy into that Countessmeout...the idea that if they provide more pics the media will back off.

The only time we ever saw the media back off of W&H was after the media were involved in the death of their mother and that was only up to a certain point.

They are releasing photos taken by Kate every few months. The media will keep pushing no matter what...there's never going to be an 'ok we have reached saturation point' with them.


LaRae
  #2740  
Old 05-12-2017, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Why did Pippa hire a PR person in the run-up to her wedding if she didn't want anybody talking about her wedding? Harry was mentioned on that press release but I haven't noticed Harry fans salivating over whether Meghan would be there or not.

This wedding has always struck me as being more a media beat up than anything.

I don't believe huge members of the public (certainly not H and M fans) are calling up the DM and jamming up the airwaves wanting to to know every detail of the arrangements.

Did Pippa really hire a PR person, or is that another speculation by the press?
Even if she did, many celebrities hire PR experts to keep them out of the papers, not in.

As for people wanting to know the details, every mention of this wedding attracts hundreds of comments. (Sure, they are mainly to the effect that no one cares, but then why bother to comment?)
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017 Spheno Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 453 05-25-2021 07:40 PM




Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian birth britain britannia british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex elizabeth ii family tree fashion and style gemstones genetics george vi gradenigo hello! henry viii highgrove history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs japan japanese imperial family jewellery king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein list of rulers medical monarchist movements monarchists mongolia names nara period plantinum jubilee pless politics portugal prince harry queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal ancestry solomon j solomon spanish royal family suthida thai royal family unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×