The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 01:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To be honest, whether or not Meghan attends Pippa's wedding on Harry's arm doesn't matter one bit. If, and its a big if, Meghan has requested time away during this period, it may point to her being in the UK but then again, there's a bazillion other possibilities for requesting a breather. I seriously doubt that Pippa's going to be reaching for the smelling salts or feel her day will be ruined unless Harry has someone on his arm for her day.

A couple attending a wedding is just that. A couple. Two people there to celebrate and witness a marriage of two people. Its not an indication of Harry being next to marry nor is there any meaning should Harry go solo. People very easily can put two and two together and come up with ABC.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Time to get back on topic - let's not fill this thread with talk about Harry and his current girlfriend. Thanks.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if Pippa will have any adult attendants, or stick to children?

I've read no references to any other members of the wedding party except for George, Charlotte, and Spencer Matthews.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm waiting to see if Kate will be part of the wedding party.

LaRae
Old 04-17-2017, 04:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
I think there is a strong possibility that she might be. Even if the communiquè didn't say so.

I also think that, at this point, Meghan Markle will be there.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae

I don't think that would be appropriate given Kate's current rank.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

When it comes to family weddings, I seriously doubt that public rank and file and titles mean very much. First and foremost at this wedding, Kate will be Pippa's sister. In this case I think sister trumps all.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think there is a strong possibility that she might be. Even if the communiquè didn't say so.

I also think that, at this point, Meghan Markle will be there.

I hope Kate is a matron of honor. They are very close as sisters and I don't think they would let anything like 'status' interfere with her being in the wedding. The thing that would make sense that she wouldn't be in the party is because of George & Charlotte being in the party and she would be needed to help sort them out.

I said all along Harry was going to be invited. Now..I am still not sure he will bring Meghan...actually I will be kinda surprised if he does simply due to it being a smaller venue.

Hmmm maybe he'll bring her to the reception.....

LaRae
Old 04-17-2017, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
When it comes to family weddings, I seriously doubt that public rank and file and titles mean very much. First and foremost at this wedding, Kate will be Pippa's sister. In this case I think sister trumps all.

Princess Margaret was a bridesmaid to Elizabeth but Elizabeth then Queen was not a bridesmaid for her sister. Kate is still the future Queen. She isn't going to be standing next to her sister like the Best Man would. That's Mike's job. Kate would be stuck holding the flowers and carrying the train if there is one.

Since we know George and Charlotte are in the wedding, maybe Kate just wanted to be at the top of the aisle, in case the kids need some prodding to move up the aisle.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think the big difference here is that Margaret's wedding was a very publicized national event as she was the sister of the Queen. All stops pulled out, order of precedence in force and rank and file and titles mattered.

The public is not "invited" to Pippa's wedding. Pippa is a private citizen and this is a family wedding albeit a family wedding with public interest. Once they're all in that church and the doors are closed, the public is out in the cold and they are family and friends there to witness Pippa and James start their life together. I don't see rank, file and titles having any chutzpah for the ceremony. If Pippa wants her sister as her Matron of Honor, I don't see anything preventing Kate from obliging her.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:41 PM
Majesty

The format of the day appears to be

1.morning wedding (11:00 has been mentioned)
2.reception in marquee at the Middletons
3.evening party

I think if Meghan is invited, it will be to the party.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-17-2017, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

We probably won't see pictures from the reception or the evening party. Unless there is car drive by shot. We aren't going to know if someone went to the reception or party if they aren't pictured going or leaving the church.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Royal Highness

Meghan Markle Will Attend Pippa Middleton's Wedding

If these overly intrusive and gossipy media stories are to be believed, many of you have hit the nail on the head. Supposedly Harry will be bringing Meghan to the after-reception, not the wedding ceremony. It makes sense to me. I really don't see what all the fuss is about in the media to begin with, aside from them trying to sell their publications.

Likely Pippa is not that overly concerned about the girlfriends of close family members attending either her wedding or the after-ceremony. She's probably more concerned about other logistics and details. There's a lot involved in putting a wedding together. The intense media interest is purely because Pippa is Duchess Kate's sister and because Harry has a new American girlfriend (and there's also some flak in the media about other relatives' girlfriends). Oy vey!

It's Pippa's wedding and her family will ensure that it's special and about her. No one either during the ceremony or at the reception are going to be ogling other invited guests' girlfriends to extent of overshadowing or ignoring the bride! I can't say the same for the media, of course. But hopefully, paps will not get intrusive pictures of Harry and his girlfriend to broadcast all over the media after the fact.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The format of the day appears to be

1.morning wedding (11:00 has been mentioned)
2.reception in marquee at the Middletons
3.evening party

I think if Meghan is invited, it will be to the party.
What's the point of going if you're just going to the reception or party? I would think if Meghan is invited and she can make it, she's going to the wedding and reception and party.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Very simple reasoning here. The church only holds so many people. The marquee at the Middletons will probably hold a lot more people hence Meghan attending the reception and not the ceremony. I've seen this done quite a few times both ways. Invited to the ceremony but not the reception as its a smaller venue or there is a ban on children and not invited to the church but to the reception to celebrate.

It makes a lot of sense to me actually. Meghan isn't close to Pippa and those are the people she wants at the actual ceremony.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
What's the point of going if you're just going to the reception or party? I would think if Meghan is invited and she can make it, she's going to the wedding and reception and party.
This is not unusual in the UK - in fact its similar to what William and Catherine did (though not everyone in the church went to the reception).

Close family and friends get invited to marriage ceremony and reception; wider circle of friends are invited to the evening do!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-17-2017, 09:30 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, it reminds me of a recent slideshow with details from a biography of Prince Charles, in which it was revealed that Kate and William told Queen Elizabeth that they were unhappy with the Palace's guest list for their wedding. QE told them to tear it up and make their own list, and the Palace would simply deal with any flak that might arise re some personages that Will & Kate didn't know and didn't want at their wedding ceremony, not being invited.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Yes, it reminds me of a recent slideshow with details from a biography of Prince Charles, in which it was revealed that Kate and William told Queen Elizabeth that they were unhappy with the Palace's guest list for their wedding. QE told them to tear it up and make their own list, and the Palace would simply deal with any flak that might arise re some personages that Will & Kate didn't know and didn't want at their wedding ceremony, not being invited.
I think that story is a bit exaggerated. Just watching the wedding you could see half the building was filled with people the couple barely knew or never met before, and Charles invited a bunch of his middle-age friends there. I think it was more a matter of "Hey, this building seats 1000, you two can have 500 to invite whoever you want and Charles and the advisors will work out the remaining 500."
Old 04-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent

William and Kate's wedding was basically the opposite. The largest group was at the church and then got smaller through the reception and the smallest group was the evening party.

Pippa isn't getting married in a cathedral like her sister did so the church is smallest group with potential attendee growth for the post ceremony festivities
Old 04-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to an interview William did he discussed it with the Queen and she told him to get rid of the list he'd been given and for he and Kate to decide.

LaRae

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton