The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2421  
Old 04-10-2017, 12:13 PM
csw csw is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Columbus, United States
Posts: 562
Hello Magazine is repeating the claims but claims it hasn't been said if the Duchess will be in the wedding. That puts the lie to rest of the story - why would KP confirm some of the family roles but not all? It doesn't make sense. For that reason, I don't think it came from anyone official.
__________________

  #2422  
Old 04-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,854
Well, I personally think this is a bad idea. W & C & H have worked hard to draw a line between their private lives and their public lives. Now KP is making statements about something that has nothing to do with the public sphere. It's sending mixed messages.

What's next KP announces when Harry has met Meghan's parents.
__________________

  #2423  
Old 04-10-2017, 12:18 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
The information doesn't come from a 'source' but 'KP confirms'. Every royal reporter tweeted the information at the same time.
  #2424  
Old 04-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,153
Maybe they wanted to stop all these stupid is Meghan going to Pippa's wedding / Pippa has banned her stories. There was even a stupid story in the Sun that Kate was going to watch all kids and not even go.
  #2425  
Old 04-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The information doesn't come from a 'source' but 'KP confirms'. Every royal reporter tweeted the information at the same time.
Exactly. It wasn't "KP announces" but it was KP sending out the facts to all the royal reporters and them tweeting and reporting it.

I don't think it's super odd. Instead of having people speculating, there the facts are, done and dusted.
  #2426  
Old 04-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Well, I personally think this is a bad idea. W & C & H have worked hard to draw a line between their private lives and their public lives. Now KP is making statements about something that has nothing to do with the public sphere. It's sending mixed messages.

What's next KP announces when Harry has met Meghan's parents.
They may be planning to release photos, in which case it's good to inform the press beforehand.
  #2427  
Old 04-10-2017, 12:31 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,922
I think we've exhausted the discussion regarding how long Pippa and James have been dating, so let's please move on. Also, I've deleted a number of off-topic posts, as well as a few posts trading back and forth personal insults. Let's remember to mindful of one another and to keep the thread on topic. Thanks.
__________________
  #2428  
Old 04-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Maybe they wanted to stop all these stupid is Meghan going to Pippa's wedding / Pippa has banned her stories. There was even a stupid story in the Sun that Kate was going to watch all kids and not even go.
I doubt it will stop the Meghan stories, she's not a HRH so her attendance wouldn't be mentioned by KP. If anything this will ramp up the stories now that the tabs are sure Harry will be there. Also now that the wedding has been given the official seal of KP, the tabs will be even more eager for Meghan to attend an "official" wedding.

Like I said, I don't agree with KP's choice here.
  #2429  
Old 04-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Charlotte, United States
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I doubt it will stop the Meghan stories, she's not a HRH so her attendance wouldn't be mentioned by KP. If anything this will ramp up the stories now that the tabs are sure Harry will be there. Also now that the wedding has been given the official seal of KP, the tabs will be even more eager for Meghan to attend an "official" wedding.

Like I said, I don't agree with KP's choice here.
Agreed. KP is setting a bad precedence here if they plan on releasing information on everything the press speculates about. IMO it just give the usual suspects more Middleton 'social climbing" material.
  #2430  
Old 04-10-2017, 12:52 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,922
Why should this fall back on the Middletons? They didn't force KP to issue a press release, so I don't see how this could get used as "social climbing" material.
__________________
  #2431  
Old 04-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Folks, KP released this information because this is an event where William, Catherine, Harry and the Cambridge kids will be attending and participating in. That's the only reason why they gave this info to the press. Other than that, KP really don't comment on private citizens.

I think the Palace did the same thing when Charles and Diana attended Charles Spencer's wedding and the weddings where William and Harry participated in as kids.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2432  
Old 04-10-2017, 12:54 PM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,556
Prince George and Princess Charlotte to take starring role at Auntie Pippa Middleton's wedding

Prince George and Princess Charlotte to take starring role at Auntie Pippa Middleton's wedding
  #2433  
Old 04-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Charlotte, United States
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Why should this fall back on the Middletons? They didn't force KP to issue a press release, so I don't see how this could get twisted into social climbing material.
Royal journalists on twitter are already grumbling about KP doing press releases for the "non royal" Middletons.
  #2434  
Old 04-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Folks, KP released this information because this is an event where William, Catherine, Harry and the Cambridge kids will be attending and participating in. That's the only reason why they gave this info to the press. Other than that, KP really don't comment on private citizens.

I think the Palace did the same thing when Charles and Diana attended Charles Spencer's wedding and the weddings where William and Harry participated in as kids.
I don't remember them releasing a press statement for this, though it's possible, I didn't follow the royals as closely back then. I hope they didn't or I can't write this off as a one time mistake.
  #2435  
Old 04-10-2017, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 2,951
It's just sad when KP doesn't know what it's doing.
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.

Abraham Lincoln
  #2436  
Old 04-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I don't remember them releasing a press statement for this, though it's possible, I didn't follow the royals as closely back then. I hope they didn't or I can't write this off as a one time mistake.
It's not a full press release but facts and info. I think people should calm down, because although this is a private Middleton and Matthews family event, senior royals will be in attendance. There will also be media present. This is nothing new and people seem to be losing their minds.

What did people expect if the Cambridge's, Harry and the kids attending and participating?
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2437  
Old 04-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's not a full press release but facts and info. I think people should calm down, because although this is a private Middleton and Matthews family event, senior royals will be in attendance. There will also be media present. This is nothing new and people seem to be losing their minds.

What did people expect if the Cambridge's, Harry and the kids attending and participating?
Exactly. It's not unusual for press to be informed that such and such will attend a funeral etc, even when they are not there in official capacity. But because it involves the middletons people make it a bigger deal than it is.
  #2438  
Old 04-10-2017, 01:15 PM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
It's just sad when KP doesn't know what it's doing.
I think KP know exactly what they are doing. This is an event in which there is a lot of public interest, especially relating to the roles of G&C. By putting the announcement out, they have ended all speculation.
  #2439  
Old 04-10-2017, 01:18 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
Let's face it, this will be the most talked about wedding until Harry ties the knot.

Much more interest for Pippa's wedding than for Bea or Eug. I think it's best to just inform the press who's attending and get it over with.

This way if photos get leaked, it won't come as a complete shock.
  #2440  
Old 04-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,153
I don't see how releasing this information is any different from them releasing information about Royals attending memorial services like we just saw with Lord Snowdon or the Duke of Westminster. Both of those events were private events but it was announced that royals were attending prior to the event
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017 Spheno Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 453 05-25-2021 07:40 PM




Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian birth britain britannia british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex elizabeth ii family tree fashion and style gemstones genetics george vi gradenigo hello! henry viii highgrove history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs japan japanese imperial family jewellery king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein list of rulers medical monarchist movements monarchists mongolia names nara period plantinum jubilee pless politics portugal prince harry queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal ancestry solomon j solomon spanish royal family suthida thai royal family unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:51 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×