The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2281  
Old 03-18-2017, 02:26 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,153
James and Eugenie's time at Marlborough overlap a bit. So they may share some mutual friends. Plus we have seen them at the same events like Eugenie's costume birthday party. We don't see Pippa and Harry hanging out.
__________________

  #2282  
Old 03-18-2017, 03:15 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
I think Harry and Kate are quite close so fully expect an invite there (as my sister's close family) from Pippa, but no further re. the RF. If Harry, then expect Meghan, they are an official package.

For example, while they all seem to move in similiar social circles I wouldn't expect to see Bea or Eugenie rolling up!
I agree on the first point. Though I would also see them refraining from an invite, too, with Harry fully complicit. At their social level I doubt they don't consult each other on such things. But for the second point, I could see it going either way: Meghan may just be too busy with work to attend (if the chance arises) but if she makes the effort, it's a serious thing and I would start agreeing that they are looking at a long relationship (not necessarily marriage, though, I'd expect to see them living together for a year or so before that peeks over the hedge ).
__________________

__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #2283  
Old 03-18-2017, 03:18 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Just because you are close to your sister in law means little. I am very close to my brother in law, closer than my sister. I have met his twin numerous times, usually at Christmas. Doesn't mean I'd invite his twin to my wedding. My brother in law yes, but not his family.

Now if there was any evidence that they socialize outside of things like parties for the Cambridges, then that may be different. But there is no evidence they do.

Nor do I think friends of siblings will be included. Like suggestions his brothers celebrity coworkers will come. Or Eugenie as she had friends in common with James Middleton.
  #2284  
Old 03-18-2017, 03:27 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
But no one here honestly knows the relationships, how often they socialize privately, etc. Total unknown, unless someone is willing to be photographed or let slip a story.

On the whole I think they all do their best to avoid that to maintain a private life. That's how I see it, anyway. Actually, I would guess it's because Pippa's wedding will be semi-private that decisions will be made with an eye to that privacy, rather than social 'statements'.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #2285  
Old 03-18-2017, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 2,951
I think a Prince is more apt to get a wedding invite than not. And his niece and nephew are participants in the ceremony ( we assume). Why wouldn't Pippa invite Harry? And if he wants to bring his girlfriend, I can't imagine that would be an issue for the Middletons.
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #2286  
Old 03-18-2017, 03:57 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,153
Maybe because the church holds 150. It's not Westminster Abbey with 1000 + people. Half of the church is probably full just from family. So casual acquaintances aren't making the cut.
  #2287  
Old 03-18-2017, 04:02 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I think a Prince is more apt to get a wedding invite than not. And his niece and nephew are participants in the ceremony ( we assume). Why wouldn't Pippa invite Harry? And if he wants to bring his girlfriend, I can't imagine that would be an issue for the Middletons.
His niece and nephew, if they are, are involved because they are her niece and nephew. This has nothing at all to do with Harry. Everyone has two sides of their family. if you were in a wedding for your aunt on your mothers side, would you expect your dads brothers to be invited

Neither pippa or Harry have a very private social life. Harry doesn't have a private estate to hide a party away at like Amner. If he and pippa were socializing outside Cambridge events, it would be known. Maybe not every single time but some times. There is no sign since the wedding if this happening.

The church is small. It's a stretch to think Harry will be invited just to see George be a page boy.
  #2288  
Old 03-18-2017, 04:04 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Hmmm not sure I would classify the brother to the future King, who's wife is also your sister, as a 'casual acquaintance'. It's not like she doesn't know Harry even if they don't hang out in public together except the formal event now and then.


LaRae
  #2289  
Old 03-18-2017, 04:10 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I think a Prince is more apt to get a wedding invite than not. And his niece and nephew are participants in the ceremony ( we assume). Why wouldn't Pippa invite Harry? And if he wants to bring his girlfriend, I can't imagine that would be an issue for the Middletons.
Well, his niece was a participant in her own Christening and he didn't attend. I can't see where George being a page boy at someone else's wedding would trump that.

Why would Pippa invite Harry? If she had some large venue that sat 500 people I think there's a good chance he would get a courtesy invite. But a venue of 150? Do you really believe Harry cracks the list of the top 150 people closest to Pippa and James? Has he even met James?

Pippa has a lot of friends. As we see she is a regular wedding-goer. I doubt she's even going to be able to fit in all her own friends when you take into account that James probably gets 75 of those seats for his own friends and family.

Then there are some claiming Meghan should get an invite at the expense of another one of Pippa's friends not getting invited. Has Meghan even met Pippa?

I'm afraid I don't see it from your viewpoint.
  #2290  
Old 03-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Hmmm not sure I would classify the brother to the future King, who's wife is also your sister, as a 'casual acquaintance'. It's not like she doesn't know Harry even if they don't hang out in public together except the formal event now and then.


LaRae
I don't get where William being the future king has anything to do with this.

He is her sisters brother in law. they aren't family. And if they only see each other at the odd family party, they are little more than aquaintance so. Their siblings being married doesn't make them family or friends.

Yes, they know each other, hence aquaintances. No sign they are friends. Do you invite your brother in laws extended family?
  #2291  
Old 03-18-2017, 04:38 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't get where William being the future king has anything to do with this.

He is her sisters brother in law. they aren't family. And if they only see each other at the odd family party, they are little more than aquaintance so. Their siblings being married doesn't make them family or friends.

Yes, they know each other, hence aquaintances. No sign they are friends. Do you invite your brother in laws extended family?

Because her sister is married to him....

Yes her sister's BIL, whom she also knows (how well we don't know because we don't know who has visited who behind the scenes at various family things).

I don't know if he will go or not, however I would not be at all surprised for him to be invited to her wedding.


LaRae
  #2292  
Old 03-18-2017, 04:53 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't get where William being the future king has anything to do with this.

He is her sisters brother in law. they aren't family. And if they only see each other at the odd family party, they are little more than aquaintance so. Their siblings being married doesn't make them family or friends.

Yes, they know each other, hence aquaintances. No sign they are friends. Do you invite your brother in laws extended family?
I think the people who believe Harry and Pippa are close behind the scenes because their siblings are married, are the same people who in 2 months are going to expect Catherine and Spencer Matthews to become close just because their siblings are married. And if someday Spencer marries and Catherine doesn't attend even though Pippa's children are in the wedding, they'll make this face .
  #2293  
Old 03-18-2017, 04:59 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't get where William being the future king has anything to do with this.



He is her sisters brother in law. they aren't family. And if they only see each other at the odd family party, they are little more than aquaintance so. Their siblings being married doesn't make them family or friends.



Yes, they know each other, hence aquaintances. No sign they are friends. Do you invite your brother in laws extended family?


My brother in laws' parents were invited to my wedding. (Both BILs)

I think the future king thing is relevant in that Catherine joining the royal family was a big deal and her family needed more support during their engagement and wedding planning than is required of most people. Harry spent time with Pippa in that context.

I think it's more likely than not that Harry is invited but we'll see.
  #2294  
Old 03-18-2017, 05:15 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
My brother in laws' parents were invited to my wedding. (Both BILs)
The same in my family: although we are not really close to my sister-in-laws' parents or siblings, they were invited to all of the family weddings.
  #2295  
Old 03-18-2017, 05:28 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
My brother in laws' parents were invited to my wedding. (Both BILs)

I think the future king thing is relevant in that Catherine joining the royal family was a big deal and her family needed more support during their engagement and wedding planning than is required of most people. Harry spent time with Pippa in that context.

I think it's more likely than not that Harry is invited but we'll see.
He spent time with her six years ago. That's hardly any sign of a friendship. When you have limited room. Many people don't make the cut. Your actual family, and close friends come first. We know she has an extensive social circle. I highly doubt someone she has known since college will get the bump for her brother in laws brother. She only gets about 75 invites, as James gets guests too.

Under your argument, Charles and Camilla should be the ones getting invited. Yet I see no one suggesting they would.
  #2296  
Old 03-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
My brother in laws' parents were invited to my wedding. (Both BILs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The same in my family: although we are not really close to my sister-in-laws' parents or siblings, they were invited to all of the family weddings.
Out of curiosity, how large were your venues? And were you both social butterflies - like Pippa - with dozens of friends? Did you have to exclude some of your friends to invite your siblings' in-laws? Had your siblings' in-laws met the groom prior to the wedding?
  #2297  
Old 03-18-2017, 08:44 PM
Daenerys Targaryen's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: The Blue Ocean, United States
Posts: 174
Mine was 300 people. My sister married 3 years later with 175. My parents in law, insisted that not only were they to be invited, but also my husbands brother and wife. In laws are a nightmare sometimes. Mine were at all times.
  #2298  
Old 03-19-2017, 01:16 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Well, his niece was a participant in her own Christening and he didn't attend. I can't see where George being a page boy at someone else's wedding would trump that.
Good point. I'd forgotten that (if I knew it to begin with). That seems like an important clue.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #2299  
Old 03-19-2017, 03:19 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,952
Well, to be honest, I would think that if anyone of William's family would be invited it would be his father and step-mother not a brother. I had a larger wedding but never entered my mind to invite my brother-in-law or sister-in-law's parents or siblings to my reception. They were not my friends or family. If my husband's parents insisted, they could have invited as part of his 125 share. My father was paying for all and his number of guest was firm. If I wasn't happy, they all knew we would just drive to Tennessee. So much nonsense from too many people would not be accepted.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #2300  
Old 03-19-2017, 05:21 AM
Dee Anna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Here, Ireland
Posts: 599
All good points!

I do think (with no insider information! however!) that Harry and Kate are quite close. She's the closest he has to a sister and no doubt a partner in crime with George and Charlotte when ever they meet up in the grounds of their KP homes. Aside from their shared charity endevours.

For that reason I wouldn't be surprised to see Harry at the wedding and if Harry, Meghan also.

On the flip side, the H&M mania hype may also be a major factor in their not being there!

Who knows? Apart from the peeps themselves!
__________________

__________________
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken ..... Oscar Wilde
Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017 Spheno Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 453 05-25-2021 07:40 PM




Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asian birth britannia british british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house commonwealth countries coronation crown jewels customs dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family tree fashion and style gemstones genetics george vi gradenigo harry and meghan henry viii highgrove history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs japan japanese imperial family japan history kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchy mongolia names pless politics portugal prince harry queen elizabeth ii queen victoria st edward sussex suthida thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states wales welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×